Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about starting with a white mage...

I plan to make a White Mage; I love playing the healer support class, and know that one is always needed in a group somewhere.  What's your advice for this?  I was thinking Tarutaru as the race (assuming they have the best magical abilities) and maybe black mage as my secondary (once it becomes available).  I used to play FFXI a little bit, but havn't in a while - I'm sure it won't take me too long to get the feel for it again.  Just asking everyone's opinion basically on the race/secondary class issue, as well as possible starting area.  Anyone else have any other input as well, it's definetly welcomed.  Thanks.

Comments

• DesertWindDesertWind Member Posts: 1

A taru WHM is an excellent choice. You'll have a fine amount of MP to support your groups with, and although your health can be an issue, a WHM shouldn't be in the path of danger if they can help it. BLM tends to be the typical subjob for a WHM, though some use SMN for extra MP and the Blood Pacts of the avatars (such as Garuda's Aerial Armor).

BLM subjob gives you Warp, Tractor, and the Conserve MP trait. Well, it gives more, but those are the most notable things as a WHM main job. I'm talking specifically in party situations.

SMN subjob gives you access to the avatars, once you've acquired them, and their wonderful Blood Pacts. You also get even more MP than the BLM sub can give, since SMN naturally has the highest MP. Also can get Auto-Refresh, which is 1 MP every 2-3 seconds. It adds up.

Usually a preference issue between those two subjobs, which are the main two for party situations. I would personally have both of them open and usable.

• CrappyfoxCrappyfox Member Posts: 40
    im sorry but ive never played this game wats it like?
  • SaintedOneSaintedOne Member Posts: 118

Thanks for all of the advice DesertWind.  I'll probably go with BLM for now, and consider SMN later on if I get into the game that far.  Wasn't sure if any of the other base classes had anything to offer a WHM main class really, so was pretty much just curious about that.

Crappyfox - The game is pretty cool so far.  I got put on the Valefor server, and there are some pretty nice people on it that I've met.  It's a little rough just starting out (took me about 10-15 minutes just to figure out the movement and interface exactly, and a short while more before I figured everything out about combat).  Starting out as a WHM is a little rough (as expected, but it's a full support class, and I know I'll always find groups later on when I get a little higher).  The game is certainly geared a lot towards PvE and grouping, so if you like those aspects, I'm sure you'll enjoy the game.  The graphics aren't bad with a little tweaking to the configurations...  Also, be prepared for a long load time (initial install of all the software, registration, as well as downloading the update patches).  But once you get all of that taken care of, you're pretty much set from then on out.  If you have any other specific questions about the game, let me know and I'll fill you in where I can.