Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to buy a new game, help me choose!

strattacstrattac Member UncommonPosts: 22

Okay, so i haven't  bought a mmo or any game for that matter in a real long time, i have been looking into getting darkfall but i need everyone's opinion. I really like how darkfall has open world full loot pvp, the only thing i am worried about with that game is the population, im worried that im going to spend $40 +sub fee, and then the population just dies. On the other hand, neverwinter looks good as well and i know the population will probably stick around longer seeing as though its f2p, i would buy a founders pack. So i need your opinions, which should i buy, and PLEASE.. If you have played darkfall:unholy wars please give me your impressions of it and if you havent actually played it please refrain from talking negativly. i appreciate it.

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I haven't played DF, but I've played games like it.  They always end up with a select few players that gank and grief lower players.  these lower players eventually give up, the griefers then have nothing to grief and the game shuts down since noone plays it...that's how all pvp ffa full loot mmos will work these days, since noone plays with any sense of honor or repsect.  It used to be that you had policing guilds that would gather 20 people to go hunt down a griefer and corpse camp them for hours lol...today everyone's a griefer.
  • MeltdownZAMeltdownZA Member Posts: 15

The new Darkfall is awesome!! IMO the best MMO out there right now!

Been playing for a week and loving it. While it has just launched and has some issues (although not really bad ones) I'm thoroughly enjoying it and the way they've implemented the game and the prowess system.

Seriously, well worth the money. Just the fact that you're not button mashing to win combat is worth the money alone!

monstertruckracingarenas.com

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

My suggestions for you. Which i have played all of these, and done research about each game.

Darkfall- If you want to have a lot of fun, but in a "Dare-devil" fashion and possibly the game might sink under again, but with the new DF: Unholy Wars i dont really see that happening again, i played df.1 and df:uw beta and playing it right now. It really is fun but can be discouraging at times. You must be patient with the game but is a lot of fun when it pays off.

Defiance- B2P, great gameplay, great Show on syfy

The Secret World- Best Lore ever, B2P, your everyday themepark with a twist.

• PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40
    It's my first time to buy game and that is for Guild Wars 2  and I never regret it. the game is very innovative. but still depends on your preference.  So before buying i suggest also that you should watch the gameplay video and read reviews about it. from the review you could determine if the game fits to you

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by strattac

Okay, so i haven't  bought a mmo or any game for that matter in a real long time, i have been looking into getting darkfall but i need everyone's opinion. I really like how darkfall has open world full loot pvp, the only thing i am worried about with that game is the population, im worried that im going to spend $40 +sub fee, and then the population just dies. On the other hand, neverwinter looks good as well and i know the population will probably stick around longer seeing as though its f2p, i would buy a founders pack. So i need your opinions, which should i buy, and PLEASE.. If you have played darkfall:unholy wars please give me your impressions of it and if you havent actually played it please refrain from talking negativly. i appreciate it.

Played DF since start of beta. Enjoying the game. It's population is high during peak hours. It's hard to lvl up cause all the good mob spawns are occupied and there is often more pvp then pve there cause of that.
    Even if 50% leaves after first month there is still enough population to have fun with.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by strattac

read some forum post about game and watch some gameplay video's and few reviews then you get a complete picture if game is for you.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not mmos

But....
    Don't Starve and Monaco just released and both are rather excellent games.