Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age: Origins Worth Getting?

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by grafh

Yes! its on steam for like 7.50 

IT most def is worth every penny!

Yup, only for another day or so though, and is the ultimate edition which includes expansion and the 9 DLCs

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    dragon age origins is one of my favourite games..atm £4.99 on steam and its the ultimate edition which means expansion included.cant go wrong with that..i have about 150 hrs spent on this game so far..3rd time playing it.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Vigg
    I somehow missed Dragon Age.  Is it worth playing??

Plus Awakening expansion also nice addition morrigan gone but ogren still game.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by redrain84
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by Warmaker

Dragon Age: Origins is the last half-decent thing BioWare has done.  I have alot of gripes with its game world & exploration, but overall, it did provide a decent RPG experience.

But, I must warn you, in the name of all that is good in gaming, DO NOT get Dragon Age 2.  You have been warned...

How can you say that? The Mass Effect series was awesome. Other than the ending of the 3rd one, the entire series was loved by many. I can agree with you on Dragon Age 2 though......

Dragon age 2 was a good game, dont listen to these tards! Play the game for yourself,  they are over exaggerating, the battle system was good, better than the one in Dragon age: Origins. The only problem was they re-used some of the environments which brought the value down a bit.  It was a solid game and I played it more than I did Dragon age: Origins. 

I think Dragon Age 2 was a very good game and I agree that they reused too many enviroments. I do think the combat was sub par and worse than the first one. Too artificially fast and reminded me of an arcade game.

Also, some  of the story could have been fleshed out better.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

I played Origins for maybe three hundred hours, I played DA2 for around fourty (one play-through with each class).

I personally prefer Origins, by quite a wide margin. I'd give it 9/10.

Dragon Age 2 is still a passable game. I'd give it 7/10.

That said I think DA2 is more accessible, a lot of people who I recommended Origins to did not like it.

Hi

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yes. One of the best games I've played. part two is worth about $2.

If you can find the original for $5-10 you can't go wrong.

I agree, one of the better RPGs out there. And even better, on Steam the Ultimate Edition (the one including all DLC) is available for €7,50 this midweek.

• shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Absolutely!

Loved that game and even though i haven´t touched in a long time,

it ´s still installed in my PC.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    DA: O is worth every penny. And since  the Ultimate edition is on sale for 7.50 on Steam right now...it's a no-brainer. Full game, expansion and all DLC included...not bought from Origin...it's ALL good!!
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Great game, you won't be disappointed.
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I think Dragon Age 2 was a very good game and I agree that they reused too many enviroments. I do think the combat was sub par and worse than the first one. Too artificially fast and reminded me of an arcade game.

Biggest problem of DA2 wasn't the attempted changed, but that it was rushed. A lot of corners were cut, and things that really should have been better fleshed out, weren't.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    It is worth getting. The game has an amazing story. The combat is kinda bad but on PC you can get Mods that will make it work.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

ABSOLUTELY!!!! sorry for the caps, but any other form of expresion would be wrong on this one.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    A lot of content in DA:O, but I didn't like it that much.  It was the game that made me wonder what was so special about Bioware.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Biggest problem of DA2 wasn't the attempted changed, but that it was rushed. A lot of corners were cut, and things that really should have been better fleshed out, weren't.

Seems i remember this forum and bioware forums where to small of all the complaints about change from DAO to DA2, they where 2 totally different games.

I remember playing the demo and thought the fuke this is some cheap dumbdown console actioncrap game thats not DA as i know it was in DAO.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

worth getting but keep away from DA2.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Dragon Age was amazing. Put about 120 hours into it, which for a single player game, is pretty high for me. It's like Baldur's Gate on crack.

Joined - July 2004

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Dragon Age: Origins is the last half-decent thing BioWare has done.  I have alot of gripes with its game world & exploration, but overall, it did provide a decent RPG experience.

But, I must warn you, in the name of all that is good in gaming, DO NOT get Dragon Age 2.  You have been warned...

DAO is not the Last Half Decent CRPG made by BioWare nor is it half way decent it is a Great Game and so is DA2. Do your self a favor and ignore this fool.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by akiira69

DAO is not the Last Half Decent CRPG made by BioWare nor is it half way decent it is a Great Game and so is DA2. Do your self a favor and ignore this fool.

but DA2 is just bad.. its very dumbned dwon comapred to DAO and super dumbed down compared to any of the older games.. now sure if you can get around that then you might enjoy the story but i didnt find that as good as DAO either..

I guess if you can pick them both up cheap then go for it..

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    When its sold on steam, yes.  On Origin no.  There is no point in investing in Origin games, and playing a boxed version of an EA game for the PC is always a hastle.
    Originally posted by Cleffy
    When its sold on steam, yes.  On Origin no.  There is no point in investing in Origin games, and playing a boxed version of an EA game for the PC is always a hastle.

Ive never had any problem with the Origin Client and ive been using it since it launched. IMO it is better than the Steam Client which screws up every time a patch comes out for an EA Game.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    DA:O is one of my all time favorite RPGs. If you like RPGs you will not be disapointed in any way. I have played through (with the expansion)  almost 3 times now, roughly 300 hours of playtime. 
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by akiira69

but DA2 is just bad.. its very dumbned dwon comapred to DAO and super dumbed down compared to any of the older games.. now sure if you can get around that then you might enjoy the story but i didnt find that as good as DAO either..

I guess if you can pick them both up cheap then go for it..

I loved the storyline behind both games, maybe thats because even though DA2 is a sequel I never compared it to the original. I do this with all the games I play I take the game as a stand alone game. If i used your thinking I would never play another single Elder Scrolls Game cause(according to your thinking) if ESIII and ESIV sucked that would mean anything after those two games would suck too. Never compare 2 stand alone games cause you will always find flaws always treat them as they are a stand alone game.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If you like RPG's it's a must play. No question.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Also DA2 IS worth playing IMO, it's not as good overall as DA:0, but if you can pick it up for $15 or so on sale, it is worth it. I beat it once and that was enough for me, I think I paid $20 and I got my $20 worth out of it.