Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For new players beware!

After play this game for couple days, i made 10k prowess, been there done that, I have to say, this game is still @ its BETA stage. If you want to pay 40 bucks for being a beta tester of AV, thats fine. But make sure you will enjoy the client crash, unstable server, designed for HUGE clan pvp and lots of GRIND.( Yes, u need spend hours and hours watching your toon mining or fishing, or kill same mob over and over )

The world is big, but empty, this is not a sandbox ppl mentioned and nor mmo, its just FTS with lots grind, the pvp experience is worse than Battlefield 3 or planetside 2. 

Try think this way, if the pvp part of this game is so fail, why do players waste thier time GRIND? TBH, I decided keep playing other FTS game instead of waste time watch my character mining......

good luck to ppl who love this game. I believe you guys know AV and Tasos since DF1. 

Comments

• muaythaimuaythai Member Posts: 11

mining/fishing/cookiing/crafting its a big part of a hardcore sandbox mmo dude,wtf you talking about?

and the world is not empty,is just BIG.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by pkme

After play this game for couple days, i made 10k prowess, been there done that, I have to say, this game is still @ its BETA stage. If you want to pay 40 bucks for being a beta tester of AV, thats fine. But make sure you will enjoy the client crash, unstable server, designed for HUGE clan pvp and lots of GRIND.( Yes, u need spend hours and hours watching your toon mining or fishing, or kill same mob over and over )

The world is big, but empty, this is not a sandbox ppl mentioned and nor mmo, its just FTS with lots grind, the pvp experience is worse than Battlefield 3 or planetside 2. 

Try think this way, if the pvp part of this game is so fail, why do players waste thier time GRIND? TBH, I decided keep playing other FTS game instead of waste time watch my character mining......

good luck to ppl who love this game. I believe you guys know AV and Tasos since DF1. 

You made 10k prowess in a few days!!

The problem here is that you're spending too much time playing games! 

You need to get some sort of life outside your computer room.

I've only made 3.5k - and that's through playing DFUW with a reasonable amount of dedication.

It's spring - go outside your house and enjoy the real sun and trees! 

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by muaythai

mining/fishing/cookiing/crafting its a big part of a hardcore sandbox mmo dude,wtf you talking about?

Having not played the game, but a big sandbox gamer myself, I would like to know what do you do in game.   What is there to do in game that is really sandboxish?  

Fishing, mining, and cooking isnt in itself sandbox.    I can point out facebook games that let you do that, and I would hardly call them sandboxes.   (more like litterboxes)

Not trying to troll, just wanting to know is there more to the game than just fighting, mining, fishing, cooking, and crafting.   Is there housing, careers, can I play a cook who doesnt fight, and do well as that?  Can I be an entertainer like in SWG?   Can I just build tables or mine ore and live the life of a simple man?   Can I own a store, and sell things to other players, not through a auction house but through my own stall or shop like in Ultima Online.  

Those are things I look at when I think of sandbox.   No limits just opportunities.

So much crap, so little quality.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

wow! Grinding in an mmorpg??!!? This mmorpg must be bad than!

PvP is fun but I understand not everyone likes it. I'm guessing you died one too many times and now raging like this.

p.s. Why do you mine if you can't handle it???

p.p.s World is vast yet still full of people (no not in a sense that there's a player behind every bush).

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Hodo
    Originally posted by muaythai

Having not played the game, but a big sandbox gamer myself, I would like to know what do you do in game.   What is there to do in game that is really sandboxish?  

Fishing, mining, and cooking isnt in itself sandbox.    I can point out facebook games that let you do that, and I would hardly call them sandboxes.   (more like litterboxes)

Not trying to troll, just wanting to know is there more to the game than just fighting, mining, fishing, cooking, and crafting.   Is there housing, careers, can I play a cook who doesnt fight, and do well as that?  Can I be an entertainer like in SWG?   Can I just build tables or mine ore and live the life of a simple man?   Can I own a store, and sell things to other players, not through a auction house but through my own stall or shop like in Ultima Online.  

Those are things I look at when I think of sandbox.   No limits just opportunities.

You're right - it's not a sandbox in the way that MineCraft is a sandbox. (Neither is EvE a sandbox in the way that MineCraft is.)

Pre-Minecraft, DFUW would certainly be called a sandbox because it's not a 'themepark' - in DFUW you decide what you're going to do next.

So I would call DFUW a 'simulation' rather than a 'sandbox'.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Empty world...

Grind...

Mentions standard MMO launch prbolems...

Is this thread a troll?

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

You don't ever have to mine, fish or craft if you don't want to. I haven't yet.

The game has been out less than a week and you know that it's a big grind fest? I don't think so. [mod edit]

Asdar

• pkmepkme Member Posts: 8

Fan boyz dont have to be panic now.

Im just telling the truth of this crappy mmo for other ppl not bought it yet.

Every top clan is mining right after server restart, cuz u need couterless ore for upgrade your building, and u cannot decided where to put those buildings.

this is a grind FTS, dont fake its a sandbox mmo. 

Other than what I mentioned, if u have any lag issue, stucked characters, dispeared UI or items, the customer service from AV is not working, everyone know Greeks work 3 hours per day, 2 days per week. Thats why Tasos have to tell lies about this shit.

• PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40
    Well that's a risk and choice of a beta tester, and honestly if i am a beta tester i wont mind spending money... then at the QQ for the instability of the game.  That why it was still on beta test it's not perfect, even final game that has been released in the market are not perfect.. 

• pkmepkme Member Posts: 8

There is no careers and nothing to compare with SWG preCU, DARKFALL is just an FTS with lots repeat click to destroy your mouse(cuz the ui is terrible, u have to drag everything from your backpack to bank one by one)

There is no auction house, and u can only build house just like DF1 in limited area, ofcuz u can just mine as a weapon crafter in DFUW, but trust me, the craft able items are very limited right now. Based to my experience with AV, any patch brings new problem to themself, and u never get new items from them. After that, AV will just wipe DFUW and create another title for this same old shit again.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

There is no careers and nothing to compare with SWG preCU, DARKFALL is just an FTS with lots repeat click to destroy your mouse(cuz the ui is terrible, u have to drag everything from your backpack to bank one by one)

There is no auction house, and u can only build house just like DF1 in limited area, ofcuz u can just mine as a weapon crafter in DFUW, but trust me, the craft able items are very limited right now. Based to my experience with AV, any patch brings new problem to themself, and u never get new items from them. After that, AV will just wipe DFUW and create another title for this same old shit again.

thanks for the response.   You answered everything I needed to know.  So AV and SV have more incommon than most people would admit.   But I have to be careful, I might get in trouble for saying that.

So much crap, so little quality.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

If you want to pay 40 bucks for being a beta tester of AV, thats fine. 

Oh, you forgot to mention 40 bucks and next month + 15 bucks more as monthly payment.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.