Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Series or game?

zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Simple question - Don't get me started if you like it or not if you hate it or if it's a true MMO.

I watched the pilot episode and I got the game too... Question is - What should I do first? Watch Episode 2 or play the game's main story and finish it to get up to date ? 

I'm not sure what's the proper time line for this :D

FYI, I like the game AND the series yeah, flame me if you will but answer my question :D

Comments

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    There is very little cross-over.  Just play.   BTW you have already missed the episode (in game) where they get that blue blowy up sphere thing. 
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Since you're asking about episode 2, I assume you already watched episode 1, in which case just play it. The reveal in the game concerned something you saw in Ep 1. You'll know it when you see it.
  • BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus
    There is very little cross-over.  Just play.   BTW you have already missed the episode (in game) where they get that blue blowy up sphere thing. 

All episode missions will be enabled for new players in s future patch. So new players won't miss a thing.

Whoops, ignore my reveal then.  

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410
    I am still kind of confused...Should I go on with the story main mission to be up to date with series or is there another kind of event or marker on the map for current events? :)
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by zspawn
    I am still kind of confused...Should I go on with the story main mission to be up to date with series or is there another kind of event or marker on the map for current events? :)

Honestly, they dont even really relate to one another.  Do either/or.  The only real connection is that you get teamed up with some of the "Defiant Few" in the game's main story, and Norland, the main character of the show, is also one of them.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by zspawn

There are currently no Missions related to the series episodes in the game, there where a few before the first episode where you helped Nolan and irisa, but they where taken out, presumably we'll see more episode tie-in content later, but not as of yet, they simply remove it when an episode airs on tv.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

It was all just a marketing hoax. Nothing more.

The only real episode missions were the first 4 that lead towards the TV Pilot and those have been removed.

After that they just added a bunch of pursuits to grind.... that's it.

They already said there won't be any tie ins with the TV show in Season 1.

As Season 2 will be at least a year away.... do they really think people are going to sit and wait a year until TRION starts doing with the game what was advertised?

I don't think so. And if they couldn't do it with Season 1, they won't able to do it with Season 2 either.

With all the current issues the game currently has, you can add this to the lists of dissapointments.

I guess we could have expected this to be total hoax. /shrug

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It was all just a marketing hoax. Nothing more.

The only real episode missions were the first 4 that lead towards the TV Pilot and those have been removed.

After that they just added a bunch of pursuits to grind.... that's it.

They already said there won't be any tie ins with the TV show in Season 1.

As Season 2 will be at least a year away.... do they really think people are going to sit and wait a year until TRION starts doing with the game what was advertised?

I don't think so. And if they couldn't do it with Season 1, they won't able to do it with Season 2 either.

With all the current issues the game currently has, you can add this to the lists of dissapointments.

I guess we could have expected this to be total hoax. /shrug

Seriously ? :(

So apart from a common setting and IP, there's no other tie in?

Can someone else confirm this?

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    As far as story line goes I haven't seen any other tie-ins. Yes, the setting is similar as far as the teraformed Earth goes, but even this takes place in separate places in the show vs. the game. I still think that the game is fun to play, but it is very disappointing that we only have access to San Francisco while the show takes place in St. Louis. It's hard to have things tie in when the locations are so far apart.