Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Aika dead?

LudwixLudwix Member UncommonPosts: 73

Is this game dead? Or mayby just Global Aika seems to be complete ghosttown.

Sorry for my eanglish.

Comments

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Ludwix

Well, most players are mid or high levels. There aren't a lot of newbies now. Plus, there's an ongoing issue with the GMs being unresponsive recently and some of their events are not moderated well. Some people are threatening to quit. I'm not sure what's wrong. Aika Global's GMs before are very responsive and polite. But hey, let's hope that everything will  be fine and that more players will play Aika again.

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• yippykayayyippykayay Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by hardgames

Originally posted by Ludwix

Well, most players are mid or high levels. There aren't a lot of newbies now. Plus, there's an ongoing issue with the GMs being unresponsive recently and some of their events are not moderated well. Some people are threatening to quit. I'm not sure what's wrong. Aika Global's GMs before are very responsive and polite. But hey, let's hope that everything will  be fine and that more players will play Aika again.

I've noticed that too that many GMs are becoming more unresponsive and also issues about certain events. Hopefully though they can resolve everything to invite more to play the game. The game is really good just too many issues but i've seen more NA and more European players play the game ever since the ban was lifted. That is good news for the game :)

• FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

I played this game before but I'm still thinking about coming back again..hmmm

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Went back to the (global) game after being away for a while and it was dead.  Reg was a ghost town and there were no calls for dungeon parties.  Chat was empty apart from a few players trying to sell kit.  I got the feeling only high levs were left and not many at that.

Tried at the weekend as well as a couple of week days.  It will be sad if this game is on its way out already as I quite enjoyed it. :(

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

I'm playing Aika on gpotato and I see people all the time and the high level PvP seems to be active all the time, with other factions attacking all the time and the relics changing hands a few times a day.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

From my exp over the past several days it seems to me the game is very much alive. Not like in wow but then this game is still basicly listed as open beta.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• Karlz3rKarlz3r Member Posts: 5

I just started playing Aika Online and there were newbies like me running around over there. Can't say that it'd be dead.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

global aika suffered heavily because it was the last one to open...and... it is suffering from the usual F2P migration..  probably will get more players again at some point.. or it might not.. it really depends pretty heavily on which f2p game is currently popular.. which.. aika isnt.. for the moment at least..image

• kramsterkramster Member UncommonPosts: 93

Plenty of people around when I play....'limited' (pve) server is very quiet.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Item Mall and gpotato, it looks like there's a pattern in the games this company hosts. Start out cheap then make it cost more and more to keep on playing until almost nobody wants to play anymore. It's a rat race and the rat that pays most gets to win for the day/week/month. You'll always wind up wondering how on earth they got you to spend as much as you did on this mediocre game.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• Aika_OnlineAika_Online Aika Community ManagerMember Posts: 18

Aika is most certainly not dead.  In fact, it is alive and kicking harder than ever.  There are all sorts of great features that have been integrated into the game and there are many reasons to check it out.  The main reason is that Aika still remains one of the best PvP experiences out there, espescially in terms of dramatic tension.  The 5 nations, all battling for supremacy, remains one of the most intriguing and exciting elements that Aika has to offer. 

Also, please understand that while, yes, gPotato's model for games are free-to-play games with a cash shop option, no player is *ever* forced to use the cash shop.  In fact, we encourage cash shop users to sell items they purchase for in-game gold so that players in the game who don't use the shop can still get premium items.  They are just different ways of having fun and it is our goal to design things in such a way that everyone will be able to find a way to have fun.

We encourage you to hop in the game and check it out for yourself.  Enjoy!

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I had a decent experience in the game when it released, loved the pvp action.

Recently tried to play it again, downloaded it both comps (2 accounts), tried to enter, but something must have happened to their login situation as none of my pwords worked. Followed the instructions that I could find on forums (no actual tech support instructions). To no avail.

Sent in tickets trying to fix the issue, heard back from Aika support 30 days later asking how it was going.

How was it going? it was uninstalled, but thanks for asking and your very prompt response!

Not sure if the game is dead, but their CS seems to be on life support.

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into the issue you did with trying to get Aika up and running again.  Please understand that, due to some unforseen issues, it created large delays in the ticket responses.  Since then, response times have decreased massively and we would very much like to help you get Aika up and running.  Please be sure to let us know your account name as well as the specific issue you encounter, including exact error messages, when you receive the error messages, what you've done to try to fix the issue yourself, etc and we will do whatever we can to get you up and running again.  Sorry about the bad experience you had and we hope we can assist you better from this point forward. :)

Well Paragon,

Gonna give Aika another try, let's see how this goes.

I'll be starting the download after this post.

first try, both computers, download completed, neither could connect to servers, both downloads could not be found in the places I placed them with browse.

uninstalled from system tray (as it was the only option under the folder)

Fresh Install Attempt 2 incoming,

Both comps able to launch game.

Back to original problem though, not being able to log into the game, have left message on forums as well, as GPotatoe allows me to log into my accounts when asked to reset the passwords, but when I look at my accounts no Rappelz and Flyff, (never played them) and no Aika.

When I try to log in the game it says 'there was a problem logging in.'

p.s. I originally reset the passwords on christmas eve last year. Same issue though, they allow me to log into the forums, but not the game, same error messages at login as it was @xmas.

Well no responses on forums, have sent in tickets. We'll see what happens I guess.

Sent in 4 tickets, 2 from each account (could never access 3rd to change pw for some odd reason) as tech support and customer support tickets.

posted on the welcome forums.

Also found the old reply from the riginal tickets from december and responded to them via email in hopes to rectify this.

Think I have covered every base I could.

I'm currently looking at your issue right now.  In the future, please do not send in multiple tickets about the same issue.  Our hours of opperation are from 9am-6pm Mon-Fri.  Sending multiple tickets can back up the customer service e-mail cue and since we look at each individual ticket, it can increase times by a large amount.  Please be patient and we will address your issue shortly.  Thanks!

Originally posted by Aika_Online

I'm currently looking at your issue right now.  In the future, please do not send in multiple tickets about the same issue.  Our hours of opperation are from 9am-6pm Mon-Fri.  Sending multiple tickets can back up the customer service e-mail cue and since we look at each individual ticket, it can increase times by a large amount.  Please be patient and we will address your issue shortly.  Thanks!

Well there's 2 accounts, and the initial tickets were sent to customer service. On making the second ticket I had noticed it weas a drop down menu, so possibly could be a different department, so I made 1 for tech support. 2 accounts, 2 tickets, 2 departments. Can't get any info to recover the 3rd account, so 4 instead of 6.

Thanks for looking into this!

No problem.  From this point forward, please keep all correspondence related to your customer service issue within the message.  A response was sent.  Thanks!
    Really appreciate it, can't wait to play the game again!
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Yes & no!gpotato no longer have their own version cheer!everything is transferred to t3fun (global aika)cheer again.so transfer your account to t3fun
    .mmorpg should update info
  • RynemRynem Member Posts: 5
    Yeah there still Aika Global of t3fun... so basically we can play game on global i think there's no Aika Sea Either
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    im wondering how can something be dead when it was not alive at first place?
  • skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

i'm people don't mind me asking

but hows the population for GLOBAL aika. haven't played it seens Gpotato IP block disaster.