Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So X-Com basically?

MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
or am I wrong?

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

Comments

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

If this game really exists, why am I not playing it?

need to check this out now

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    If its as good as Xcom report back. I'de be interested if it is.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141

I think closed beta doesn't start until Monday the 22nd.  Anyway, I've had no luck logging in with the key givaway.

It does sound like a mutiplayer Xcom though which is why I'll give it a try.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    Looks like a total X-COM ripoff. Step one: make a mmo knockoff of a popular game. Step two:?????????????? Step three: profit! How can a company honestly believe making multiplayer clones is a good idea?
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It's a browser based game and it looks like the first x-com not the new one so.....pass.
  • xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

I have been trying to play this since it launched yesterday.

In concept it pushes the boundary's of what i have seen done with browser games.

However technically it seems to have issues, The browser keep geting out of sink and need to be reloaded , once reloaded the battle has been end or your squad are half dead.

I have tried 10-12 tactical battles and one completed 1 without the game wigging out. In an X-com style enviroment where most of your shot are misses or deflections, having to fight a dodgey engine aswell is too much.

I will maybe try it again in a week or so but without a very big improvement i would suggest its not going to be a winner.

• MarkuthMarkuth Member UncommonPosts: 13

That is strange, I have been playing without any crashes at all. Using Chrome some lag where the browser will freeze for a few moments when loading, but that's about it. Done over 20 missions without any sort of disconnect, around 2-3 pvp battles without any incident.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    It's a browser based game and it looks like the first x-com not the new one so.....pass.

The old one is still better.

Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by Markuth
    Originally posted by DamonVile

The old one is still better.

Probably.  For a start, i dont think this one has environment destruction. 

No it does not, it does not have a number of things the classic had which is a shame

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

they do closed beta again?

was in closed beta like 1 year ago...

but if your a xcom fan stay away from this piece of crap

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

just tried this,

Dont even bother to register...

Its a glorified cash shop with UFO skin slapped to it.

-gameplay is bad

-strategy/tactics is even worse

I tried to get into it for the multiplayer aspect but it was just too horrible

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Oh, just forgot to write the best part of the game.

Your weapons all have limited ammunition, and you run out of ammo sooner or later.

Best way to get more ammo during a mission?

CASH SHOP!!!