Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Runescape was to make a few changes, would you consider it?

2»

Comments

• halo_0_1halo_0_1 Member Posts: 8
    Actually, I like the new combat update. Not sure if everybody's tried the beta, but I think it's pretty awesome. The gameplay's cool, but PVP has its ups and downs... the Widerness isn't as dangerous as it was in the old days, but the PVP minigames are great. PVE looks to be improving. Grind is still a problem, but JaGex says they're working on that. Graphics aren't too bad tbh.. it's not fully updated, yes, but they're doing it. Slowly. Totally agree with the F2p though, it feels so empty when you run out of membership and have to spend a bit in F2p.
  • robarorobaro Member Posts: 9

Bots are back, and in full force.

There are even bots to kill bosses now, mithril dragon.

Cash shop added to the game.

Cash shop selling power.

Strong weapons being given on the gambling shop.

You buy tickets to the official gambling with real money, and can get great weapons for lvl 1-60.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

outdated game pretending to be the ever-best, changed they made make it even worse, as it seems to be overpriced now.

why join it?

endless grind instate of fun, angry community, PK oriented, scammer welcoming, noob unfriendly, dull combat mod (not sure how it works after update tho, cba to try), boring mini games, awful graphic, constant push to SoF trap etc,

I wounder why this game still run again, have no idea what can be changed to make it fun.

You can play it only if you enjoy grind, be considered as worthless or brainless, love looking bot work, and enjoy bad graphic and lag.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

Runescape was my MMO training wheels.  When I first started playing the game I didnt know games like this even existed!   I had lots of fun for a couple of years until I moved on to better games.  I check out what is happening with the game every once in awhile still for nostalgia sake.  My character still exists!   I was even asked to be a mod years ago after being out of the game for a long time, which was funny. 

Anyway, I looked at the new Runescape and I still don't think those graphics are anything to crow about.  The Runescape world  looks the same as it did when I played it years ago, meaning it doesnt look like there are any new continents to explore or cities.  It was a great first time MMO, but, no, I don't expect I would ever seriously consider playing it again today.  Im not going to spend hours chopping magic trees anymore, lol.   Also, I no longer believe it is worth the sub for this game when there are better and cheaper options out there.   

Still, I do feel happy the game continues because it really was my intro to these type of games.  If some people are happy playhing it then that is terrific.

• akita894akita894 Member Posts: 6
    Remove EOC. lol it's just bad... Unfortunatly JaGex thinks the only way to make their game competitive w/ other MMORPG's is to make the combat EXACTLY like the others. RS isn't the type of game that that kind of combat system would work with so HENCE the many complications the game is facing now. :/  OH AND the removal of SOF and SGS would be awesome..like c'mon..it's runescape. enough with the sad mircotransaction attempts. The customer service is awful aswell..i only go on the RS website to browse the forums..especially the rant section and for some reason I am not allowed to post..sent in an email to JaGex, i'll expect an answer in a few months..lol...