Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

14 day trial, is it repeatable?

ZerlyZerly Member Posts: 35

Hi all,

Im trying out the 14 day trial, but as of now wont be near my PC as much as I thought i would be. Can I re-apply and get another 14 days once this initial period runs out? Dont mind starting new character, if that is the case.

Thanks

Zerly

Ps not a cheapskate, just wanting to get as much time evaluating as possible before leaping into the monthly commitment.

Comments

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

I think you can get another, but you have to do it from another IP+PC. I got a free trial key from mmorpg.com in early 2004, and every time the promotion comes up it reminds me that I've already participated, despite now being at a completely different IP and having since reformatted my hard drive. Perhaps the information was replaced when I logged in and got a fresh cookie? I dunno, but good luck.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

I think it works. But you have to signup with different information than last time I think.

• LilPikaLilPika Member Posts: 30

You can have as many 14 day trials as you please, just you will have to make a new chracter each time.

• 2smellyfeet2smellyfeet Member Posts: 67
    awww that too bad...i hate goin for the tutorial thing repetitively. but hey the game is great so i wish i can prolong the EVEs free trial!image
  • dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

i can feel that right now 2smellyfeet...image im still in my tutorial part right now..amarrian miner here...it will really take ur time..i think 14 day free trial is not enough..waaaa....but still i love the game, and also the players coz while im having my tutorial there are older players who helps me with everything image i forgot her username...but her real name is saly..

i hate all the pirates coz they ar all coz of delay..i cant get right through the acceleratin gate because of them...by the way have u seen their latest trailer?? i havent seen that one,,i dont know the link..

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• churenechurene Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by 2smellyfeet
    awww that too bad...i hate goin for the tutorial thing repetitively. but hey the game is great so i wish i can prolong the EVEs free trial!image

Hmmm, yeah right! I'm using the latest trial of EVE now, here:

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100819&nogreet=1

This game really ROCKS!!!image

• KaldraniKaldrani Member Posts: 9
    Yea it is repeatable.   You will though have to start a new character.   I guess you could go to some obscure moon, jettison out all your belongings from the first trial and pick it up with the second ;p
  • kuruosawakuruosawa Member Posts: 74

i think that will only be futile coz you will have to undergo everything from the tutorial process and so on.im just starting out my 14 day trial so i dont hav to worry about it yet.imageimageimageimageimage 

peace!

• sethiesethie Member Posts: 19

could someone send a link for where to find the trial?

• kuruosawakuruosawa Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by sethie

you only have to look at the thread dude.....anyways ive copied and pasted it here.

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=100819&nogreet=1

Originally posted by sethie

oh..so ur going to start ur tutorial huh....get ready coz u will really spend a lot of ur time here..but dont worry the game is worth it...goodluck image

• NyphurNyphur Member Posts: 74

You can repeat it as many times as you like though you will have to use a different account name and start a new character. That means you can play forever on 14 day free trials but you'll never progress in the game as you need to train skills for your character to use bigger ships, different modules etc. Don't fall into the trap of thinking what you can accomplish in the 14 day free trial is all there is to Eve. It's a very small portion.

EDIT: for a free trial, please mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you one. I could send them to my own address and give you the keys but it wouldn't really register properly.

Insert signature that doesn't break the rules here

yeah ur right..actually that happened to me before..i repeated my tutorial but all the stuff thats in my cargo before was still there...u need to finish the trial to upgrade more in the game.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by VideoJockey
    I think you can get another, but you have to do it from another IP+PC. I got a free trial key from mmorpg.com in early 2004, and every time the promotion comes up it reminds me that I've already participated, despite now being at a completely different IP and having since reformatted my hard drive. Perhaps the information was replaced when I logged in and got a fresh cookie? I dunno, but good luck.

Nope, just need to use a different MMORPG.COM account ;)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Elnator

Originally posted by VideoJockey

Nope, just need to use a different MMORPG.COM account ;)

i think videojockey is right...u can repeat the trial but with different ip address..

• chickensoupchickensoup Member Posts: 13

well why not just get P2P? EVE is one heck of a game and every good games are bound to be P2P!

• angel_craftangel_craft Member Posts: 41

im gonna try it too coz i heard so much good stuffs about Eve .

thanks and wish me luck!

• FithSelokFithSelok Member Posts: 1

Just a thought, But before you start a new account and trick off your old one to repeat the free 14 day trial, why not, while your at - say - your 13th day, just get a station vault, stock pile a much as you can, sell or give one of your destroyers to a friend for safe keeping, then come back into the game. Now, not have to work AS hard, you'll not only have all of your weapons, but the extra skills you bought and the ship(s) that your friends were holding for you. If your station vault was/is PW protected, and you know the PW, well, there ya go.

• evilclown9evilclown9 Member Posts: 28
    good point fifthselok old chum....but will it work??? thats the question there.
  • ArchaArcha Member Posts: 32

can you play eve with a 14 day trial? yes.
    can you, once your 14 day trial is over get a new 14 day trial? yes.
    can you run 2, 14 day trials at the same time? yes.
    can you get all your stuff from 1 14 day trial to another? yes.

Can you ever fly a bigger ship than a cruiser? no.

pay for the game if you like it so you can actually develop a real character and experience something better than a lvl 2 agent.

good luck, have fun in eve guys!