Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downloading

AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Weekend trial.  Never played the title or original GW before. 

Anyone else want to team up?

Message me. 

-S

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

Comments

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    when do you expect to be in game? my character's name is Euralia on Ehmry Bay

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It would help if you left your name. :)
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by observer
    It would help if you left your name. :)

And what server if his online already.

• mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    prepare for disappointment
  • blackst0rmblackst0rm Member CommonPosts: 19
    dont rush to endgame too quick, its about as exciting as watching paint dry
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Good to try. Maybe you will find yourself pleased with it, or maybe you will be disapointed. Fortunately you can get a good idea what its going to be like rather early so if you invest a couple hours into it you should have enough to figure if you will like it or not. :)
  • GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

It's the best MMO out there, by far.

Don't forget to try out PVP in the mists (the two swords pvp menu on top left), it's also an easy way to check out classes with all elites/utilities/gear at max level, and find out what you enjoy playing the most.

A weekend isn't enough to get a full view of all the classes, but I recommend warrior, thief, elementalist; 3 very different classes, try em out.

Don't try mesmer, you will just end up incredibly confused :D

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    It's a great game. As for the mesmer, it's my favorite class by far (but yes it takes time to master).
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Some tips for newcommers

1. Easiest but also super fun class = Guardian
    2. Dont play mesmer because its very weak and boring until lvl 40
    3. When you finish heart quest stay around and watch what NPCs do. It will start quest chain leading to final boss fight.
    4. You will be made max lvl for PVP and WvW - so if you wish you can play that emidiately

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

If u need help ingame feel free to msg me.

Also, try out the various classes and figure out which one you have the most fun with / fits your playstyle the best. Be careful with Mesmers / Eles / Engineers, because the way those classes are designed, they're fairly weak in everything until you get most of your trait points. Engineers & Eles specifically are fairly gear dependant, and don't get strong until ~40-60+. They're still very fun to play though.

If you want a class that has an easy time lvling, I'd pick a class that has good condition damage. I highly recommend necro, because he has the best AoE conditions aside from Engi. Reason why conditions are the way to go, is because they ignore armor, so you can fight enemies higher lvl than you without much problem. Direct Damage specs have to worry about the lvl gap, because the harder enemies will make you do much less damage / and more glancing blows.

- Most importantly, EXPLORE! and try out everything. A lot of people make the mistake of not doing that the first time around.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Play for fun and you'll be fine.

I recommend Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, or Necro for starters.

Thief, Mesmer, and Engineer take time to flesh out.

I would avoid rangers.

Haters gonna hate.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I agree with the guardian comment, great class, fun, easy and powerful.

I do think thief is also quite fun, but to start with I'd say go warrior. Put on a greatsword and a rifle for variety. Enjoy :D

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Vorch

I would avoid rangers.

Haters gonna hate.

Its safe to be a ranger now. It was a problem at launch to be confused with a bot and get reported.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I would avoid rangers.

Haters gonna hate.

Its safe to be a ranger now. It was a problem at launch to be confused with a bot and get reported.

Never heard about people actually getting banned because of this. The real reason why you may want to avoid Rangers is that they're a bit weak in harder PvE areas, because much of their damage is dependent on subpar pet AI.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I would avoid rangers.

Haters gonna hate.

Never heard about people actually getting banned because of this. The real reason why you may want to avoid Rangers is that they're a bit weak in harder PvE areas, because much of their damage is dependent on subpar pet AI.

Yea, that's what I was talking about. The ranger bot issue was taken care of.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2