Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you tried Aion? Why have I not been playing this?

2»

Comments

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271

Aion was the only game that ever gave WoW a legitimate shot of losing me.  I played it exclusively for almost 6 months, across multiple alts.  Spiritmaster, Sorc, Cleric, Chanter...it didn't matter.  In the end, the full +10 pvp griefers ruined the game for me.  High crafting skills, all my houses made up as nicely as I could afford, beautiful wings I'd saved up for...all the cosmetic goodies I could ever want.  That's what I loved about it.  Fort defenses were active and everything (Kahrun).

All ruined by my first several hours in Heiron.  The nonstop assassin/ranger brigade had begun in late, late Eltnen...but by Heiron it was simply more hassle than it was worth.  I never logged back on after that.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Grindy, greify and ganky....just what I look for in a game.... ;(  

NCSoft will probably kill it in the west when it can no longer bring in some arbitrary amount of money, and shutting it down will make a fiscal quarter look better than it was.    I don't think they 'get' the western gaming scene, hence their reliance on studios of known developers to make games for this market.

Interesting Aion tidbit, when talking to a friend who worked on the very early Tabula Rasa development, he identified several elements of Aion that were very, very similar to the original TR approaches.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FenixxSielsFenixxSiels Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Aion didn't do a single thing for me.....Quit after about 2 hours of play.....MMos have to grab me early and this game just did not.....

Did you even find Tutty?

My favorite random part of DP was the Tutty on the grill image

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by khartokhar3
    Originally posted by Redcor
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I quit because of greifers and the grind.

Yes PvP "starts about lvl 25"...lvl 25 vs full geared lvl 40....

Ditto, I din't mind the grind but as soon as I hit 25 I was getting ganked by 40's when I was questing so often that I hung it up. I would still be playing if they had a pve server to lvl on then transfer to a pvp server.

well then u can go back now i guess. they implemented the fast track server where u can play with ppl from all servers without the pvp. the server is available till u hit 50..then u have to lvl on your main server.

OT:

loved the game too. played it from day one till gameforge took it over in eu. terrible company with the worst forum mods ive ever seen.

Almost sounds good enough to give it a shot again...

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102
    Grid in Aion much more rewarding then grid at GW2. At Gw2 u got most skill unlock at about lvl 35. In aion skill unlock is scaled with lvl. If you haved tried it do it 4.0 is great!!!!!  new classes  new skill system...
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by khartokhar3

Ditto, I din't mind the grind but as soon as I hit 25 I was getting ganked by 40's when I was questing so often that I hung it up. I would still be playing if they had a pve server to lvl on then transfer to a pvp server.

well then u can go back now i guess. they implemented the fast track server where u can play with ppl from all servers without the pvp. the server is available till u hit 50..then u have to lvl on your main server.

Well that sounds great.  Maybe I'll give it another shot.  I'm so bored with other "tab target" MMO's I'm downloading Scarlet Blade.

• ElmollElmoll Member Posts: 11
    I want to try this! never tried it also, I just seen some vids of it and knew that they have aerial combat which i feel that I want to try it
  • pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    elmol its pretty nice. just be prepared to do something else while you get your yellow (idr what its called) armor, it takes FOREVER to get the coins for it through questing. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Aion is a great game, the thing with asian games is that every single asian game will be trashed to the bottom in the EU/US servers, people just don't enjoy asian games and they shit and cry on them. Don't ever, ever expect an asian game to become successful in EU/NA. If you want a good experience in any asian titles you need to play in korean servers, because EU/NA playerbase will ruin the game experience by not playing it as it is designed, making zones deserted and with all their whining. The problem has been around already ~10 years. If you want good experience in a KR game play in KR servers.
  • AsleepAsleep Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I agree I always give props to Aion, played it from launch for like 7 months, prolly won't ever go back, but if you have it in you this game is great. Had some serious moments I still remember. We had some epic seiges, pretty much everything that happened for the first time was an epic battle.
  • khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by pantheron
    elmol its pretty nice. just be prepared to do something else while you get your yellow (idr what its called) armor, it takes FOREVER to get the coins for it through questing. 

the arena pvp gear is not hard to get. especially if u have friends who help u. i always gone to the arena late in the night and tried to get in with my newby friends and let them win. but even without the help u can get the gear pretty fast.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

used to be more fun before the totaly nerfed rifting.

still a fun game tho i guess.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

I don't realy think that happens anymore. Not that I ever cared.

At the moment I'm trying to catch up on an Elyos character (my original was an Asmodian because my friends wanted to play Asmo side) so I am on the fast track server and downing xp boosts like m&m's.

If ESO and archeage don't work out I might just park it here while working bit by bit on my lineage2 character.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo