Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robotech Reboot - All CGI or Live Action/CGI?

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

We need Sy-Fy or some other network to reboot Robotech.  It should be a more realistic and darker toned version than the original(not that it didn't have it's sad moments like the death of Roy and then Ben), sorta a BSG type reboot.    The real question is...all CGI or a mix of live action/cgi?

This would make such a cool show...image a total reboot, from Robotech: Macross Saga, to Robotech: The Masters, to Robotech: New Generation - honestly, how cool what that be?

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Could be neat, but I'd say full CGI. I don't trust sy-fy/cable networks in general to deliver compelling live acting lately.

I miss Saturday Anime/Ani-monday. image

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Its my favorite anime of all time. Its been in the works since '07 a live action movie.

"Warner Bros originally teamed with Tobey Maguire's Maguire Entertainment to pick up the rights, and had planned to make Maguire the lead pilot after he showed such promise piloting a horse. Various writers worked on the project over the years,

But now it looks like the film is back on, Reporting that director Nic Mathieu has been hired on. He's largely a commercial director, and as you can see in the Zentih spot below, he's already experienced in the language of CGI spaceships, aliens, and kabooms necessary for a Robotech adaptation."

Ive been hearing about this update for the last prob 2 years or so. Guess time will tell. I am hoping with the success of Tranformers and Sy Fy show Robot Fight Club or whatever they call it I hope that Warner will see that people very much so enjoy Mecha movies. Actualy People been enjoying Mecha anime since the '80's.