Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting....

JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41
For a beta invite email...

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by JorgeElGuapo

Thanks for letting us know.

• shocklesshockles Member Posts: 7

I think we all are... lol

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Me, too *sigh*

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

We are all likely going to be waiting quite awhile.  Beta should last 7-8 months give or take a couple of months assuming the game releases on schedule at the end of the year.  Which means you will not see open beta weekends and the mass invites until the last month or two before release.  Most of us simply will not be getting invites for another 6+ months.

I think many  people confuse Wildsatr's beta with other games open beta weekends.   Open beta weekends used by Rift, GW2 and Tor are seperate from a closed beta and were done a long time after their closed betas has started.  In Rift's case the closed beta was called Alpha and started 7 months prior to release.  Tor's was even longer and if I recall right GW2's was  similar in length.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think people expecting an immediate invite will be dissapointed.  There is a long line of people much more deserving of an invite than you or I.  Poeple that have been following the game and hyping it loyally now for over 4 years,  People that went to Arkship and Pax.  People that have created fansites and helped hype the game.  Friends of devs that have previously tested with them before and can be trusted.  People that signed up for beta in 2011.  Most of us are far away from the watering hole and even if we are dying of thirst its going to be quite awhile until we get a drink of water.

The fact we won't get in right away does not mean we should forget our excitedment  I still check my email and spam box way to many times a day.  It just means when we finally do get in it just might be bit more special.  Either way best of luck to everyone in getting an invite.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

For the people who got in those first waves, their machines could easily run the game and they were considered enthusiastic for the game. The initial beta sign-up had one of those boxes where you can state whatever you want - that probably played a role by Carbine to gauge their enthusiasm (apparently I didn't fill it out as well as others) .

Now, around a quarter million people have signed up for beta, which was far more than expected. So...not as many people are going to get in early, but waves will be sent out about every 5 weeks.

Originally posted by Zapzap

I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think people expecting an immediate invite will be dissapointed.  There is a long line of people much more deserving of an invite than you or I...

How do you know what people here have done to "deserve" to be in it more so than others. You don't. All you can really say is that there is a long line of people more deserving than yourself - unless you somehow know everything about everyone here. image

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Eluldor

We are all likely going to be waiting quite awhile.  Beta should last 7-8 months give or take a couple of months assuming the game releases on schedule at the end of the year.  Which means you will not see open beta weekends and the mass invites until the last month or two before release.  Most of us simply will not be getting invites for another 6+ months.

I think many  people confuse Wildsatr's beta with other games open beta weekends.   Open beta weekends used by Rift, GW2 and Tor are seperate from a closed beta and were done a long time after their closed betas has started.  In Rift's case the closed beta was called Alpha and started 7 months prior to release.  Tor's was even longer and if I recall right GW2's was  similar in length.

I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think people expecting an immediate invite will be dissapointed.  There is a long line of people much more deserving of an invite than you or I.  Poeple that have been following the game and hyping it loyally now for over 4 years,  People that went to Arkship and Pax.  People that have created fansites and helped hype the game.  Friends of devs that have previously tested with them before and can be trusted.  People that signed up for beta in 2011.  Most of us are far away from the watering hole and even if we are dying of thirst its going to be quite awhile until we get a drink of water.

The fact we won't get in right away does not mean we should forget our excitedment  I still check my email and spam box way to many times a day.  It just means when we finally do get in it just might be bit more special.  Either way best of luck to everyone in getting an invite.

How do you know what people here have done to "deserve" to be in it more so than others. You don't. All you can really say is that there is a long line of people more deserving than yourself - unless you somehow know everything about everyone here. image

My apoligies if you felt singled out.  It was a figure of speech.  Of course some people will be in the more deserving category.  If you want me to say I am less deserving I will be happy to say it.  I am less deserving.  Either way best wishes and good luck in getting an invite into beta.  :)

I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think people expecting an immediate invite will be dissapointed.  There is a long line of people much more deserving of an invite than you or I...

My apoligies if you felt singled out.  It was a figure of speech.  Of course some people will be in the more deserving category.  If you want me to say I am less deserving I will be happy to say it.  I am less deserving.  Either way best wishes and good luck in getting an invite into beta.  :)

I just don't care when people speak for others (which you may not even have meant), unless the information is supplied from the others and deductions are based on that. Asking for a beta invite email offers very little to go on. What you're saying after that may be valid, the form of delivery sets it up differently. Hope everyone commenting here gets in at some point image

If you haven't check it out, something to listent to while waiting https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/sets/wildstar-mmo-ost-cues
  • CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    I hope the new survey would come sooner because i didnt particpate in the previous one...
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Are you still waiting or are you receiving? ;)

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    If you haven't check it out, something to listent to while waiting https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/sets/wildstar-mmo-ost-cues

The music is brilliant ! Feels really epic. Thanks for posting the link!

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

me2 me2 me2 :-)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    Originally posted by shockles

I think we all are... lol

while im defintiely psyched this game is being made and coming out soon, ima play me some neverwinter until it comes out, and some romulan expansion for star trek in may too of course, and some more mechwarrior, its a good time to be a ftp gamer these days.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Waiting and hoping!
  • JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41

Oh i am positve that there are people that are more "deserving" than me, as i have been following the game for only about 7 months. More power to the people who got in! I am not here to complain about not getting into the beta, just excited and patiently waiting for an invite. And if i dont get one? Yea its going to suck but oh well thats life!