Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting Crowd - We need your $5!

1235»

Comments

• SmudgePudgeSmudgePudge Member CommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by bugmeno
    Originally posted by SmudgePudge

I read this guy is a millionaire -- why did he not work a little on preparing a small alpha then?

am I correct with my observation: this is no typical 'real' indie project, he does not even need the money, just does not want to spend his own first????

You are not correct. First - you do not understand the term 'indie'. An indie developer is one who is not using a pusblisher. So yes, they are indie.

Second - why would he spend his money to create a game no one wants? This is the purpose of the Kickstarter, to see if people want this game.

but is this not what the "big bad publishers" do, spend their money on games first and tsking the risk no one wants it?

you know the last games I bought were actually finished.

not against backing Ks projects, I backed a lot, but only to the ones who had no money and needed help but at least had an alpha to show

Your last sentence is completely lacking in logic. How in the world could they build an alpha if they had no money.

well check out the Divergence indiegogo project, this guy is a lonely person who worked a lot on it without earning anything! And the alpha looks awesome.

That is the real Kickstarter spirit to me, those are the kinds of projects I back.

It was clear the rich folks will infiltrate this KS platform sooner or later, begging for money so they don't need to invest their own

Ok now I'm confused - why are you here?

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I read this guy is a millionaire -- why did he not work a little on preparing a small alpha then?

am I correct with my observation: this is no typical 'real' indie project, he does not even need the money, just does not want to spend his own first????

You are not correct. First - you do not understand the term 'indie'. An indie developer is one who is not using a pusblisher. So yes, they are indie.

Second - why would he spend his money to create a game no one wants? This is the purpose of the Kickstarter, to see if people want this game.

but is this not what the "big bad publishers" do, spend their money on games first and tsking the risk no one wants it?

not against backing Ks projects, I backed a lot, but only to the ones who had no money and needed help but at least had an alpha to show

Your last sentence is completely lacking in logic. How in the world could they build an alpha if they had no money.

well check out the Divergence indiegogo project, this guy is a lonely person who worked a lot on it without earning anything! And the alpha looks awesome.

That is the real Kickstarter spirit to me, those are the kinds of projects I back.

It was clear the rich folks will infiltrate this KS platform sooner or later, begging for money so they don't need to invest their own

But they do invest their own. MJ basicly doubles the KS which is quite alot imho.

I mean if i had the kind of money the guy has i wouldn't make a MMO with it. There gotta be better stuff to do with your money if you just want more of it. Infact it sounds like a pretty sound idea to get rid of money ...

• bugmenobugmeno Member Posts: 85

Ok now I'm confused - why are you here?

why are you asking everyone for the reason to be here, if there is some disagreement?

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Locking this thread, rampant trolling.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.