Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character wipes..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I assume all beta characters will be wiped when going intoo open beta.  On top of that i think there will be no wipe when going from open beta intoo final game.

Am i correct?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Correct.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    so wait, your open beta toon will carry over to live and will be your live toon also?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Yes, open beta for most F2P titles is considered a soft launch of sorts.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    The headstart is before open beta so really it is just a renamed release.
  • GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

Now adays "Beta" is a marketing term, not really a "phase" the way it is everwhere else in the industry.

Open Beta in this case = Launch

So no, there will be no wipe of Open Beta Characters.

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    wiping closed beta characters is like wiping your ass, you should do it every time, and do a thourough job of it.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by neorandom
    wiping closed beta characters is like wiping your ass, you should do it every time, and do a thourough job of it.

Did you even read the reactions above,  open beta is actually the start of the game, the only reason why its still open beta is the fact that they cant assure it working correctly...

If for some reason a character wipe is neccesary they can always refer to the game being in open beta.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Open beta is PWE term for "released with bugs" nothing more.