Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taikodom Living Universe

Taikodom Living Universe has been in open beta the past couple of months , and was wondering why there is no mention of this? I just started playing it 2 days ago and although I find it fun.. I cant help but feel like I'm alone in the universe. 

The game reminds me of Black Prophecy alot.. In any case the game can use more beta testers so If any one is interested in a pretty decent space combat mmo you should give it a shot !

http://www.gamersfirst.com/taikodom/

Comments

• 8madhatter88madhatter8 Member Posts: 15

I was in the CBT. The thing is, the game didn't deliver anything promised... It stated it would be an open universe, yet I didn't experience anything but instanced zones. The game is heavily reliant on missions, which is nothing like the "living universe" it claims to have.

That and the game runs like complete shit.

Don't get me wrong, the game in itself isn't bad! It's just not half the game it was advertised as.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Yeah I imagine it'll be garbage from an initial look at the website. But hell, I'm bored and am still looking for another good space mmo after eve for all those years. I'll give it a try.

UPDATE: Checked it out, it wasn't as bad a game as I was expecting. It's basically a very low budget space shoot-em-up. I probbaly won't keep playing it due to the lack of any real content sadly. It was basically do quests/missions for a day in 3 zones then hit level cap, then fly around the mostly empty pvp zones.

The only part that genuinely peaked my interest was when I found that I could build a massive capital class battleship, then had that interest crushed into dust when I found it isn't pilotable, just basically a crappy static spacestation with guns you deploy and have blown up in an hour after spending 3 days building it.

After that last bit I immediately grew bored and had nothing else to do or accomplish and deleted it. I have to say though, it was the first mmo I've deleted from my hard drive in less than 2 days that wasn't utter garbage, in this game's case it's simply a matter of almost zero content, rather than bad game design. (Well except for the ABYSSMAL idea to make player built capital ships, that are npc controled. *Slaps a dev repeatedly*)

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.