Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest on Blade and Soul.

Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
  I have not heard anything since the Dec. 5th announcement on there site.  Anyone hear anything about the localization?  Are they finishing up? Just starting?  What do you all think?  Discuss.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well two things.

1 NCSOFT is picking a time where it does not conflict with other games,they recently released GW2.

2 They say it is taking time  to convert it for the North American version,however the Korean version is officially done,so as i said just picking a time.

If i remember correctly,i coudl have swore this game was done before GW2,so i figure they don't think much of it themselves,so chose to release GW2 first.

I don't remeber the game but  NCSOFT is also publisher for another recent game as well,they don't like to compete versus themselves.

BnS to me is just another typical Korean Arcade style game,i don't much like those type of games in the rpg market.It might do ok but i doubt it will have any staying power at all,the craze right now seems to be competition Epine sports like Starcraft/League of Legends.So every game that coems out that is not something to WOW you,will not do well,just too man ygames in this market.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well two things.

1 NCSOFT is picking a time where it does not conflict with other games,they recently released GW2.

2 They say it is taking time  to convert it for the North American version,however the Korean version is officially done,so as i said just picking a time.

If i remember correctly,i coudl have swore this game was done before GW2,so i figure they don't think much of it themselves,so chose to release GW2 first.

I don't remeber the game but  NCSOFT is also publisher for another recent game as well,they don't like to compete versus themselves.

BnS to me is just another typical Korean Arcade style game,i don't much like those type of games in the rpg market.It might do ok but i doubt it will have any staying power at all,the craze right now seems to be competition Epine sports like Starcraft/League of Legends.So every game that coems out that is not something to WOW you,will not do well,just too man ygames in this market.

I suppose we can agree to disagree.  BnS is huge in Asia.  While I don't expect it to be as big here.  I still think it will have a good market.  I think IMO the 2 reasons why they are holding off on the launch.  

1.  Might be waiting for whatever new content is launching in BnS so they can launch it with the same content.

2.  Wildstar just went into Beta, meaning it will more then likely launch within 6 months (imo).  Wildstar is  going to be a      big game.  I think they want to focus all resources there first, then launch BnS maybe 6 months to a year later.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    1. I think they want to release it as FTP just as Tera is FTP and a bit similar. So I think they are in the process of converting it to FTP.
    2. From dec 5 news: "Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time..."
    3. Wildstar, another NCSOFT product is in closed beta phase and guess they dont want another game from them to be in same phase in the media. NCSOFT marketing might get too busy
    Originally posted by Nasa
    1. I think they want to release it as FTP just as Tera is FTP and a bit similar. So I think they are in the process of converting it to FTP.
    2. From dec 5 news: "Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time..."
    3. Wildstar, another NCSOFT product is in closed beta phase and guess they dont want another game from them to be in same phase in the media. NCSOFT marketing might get too busy

Well Said.  You make some very good points in 1 and 2.  I honestly didn't even consider that.  I guess I wish they would at least give us some info on whats happening.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I have been waiting for this to hit NA. I just wish they had their NA site configured or some sort of wiki we could browse while we waited.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    I have been waiting for this to hit NA. I just wish they had their NA site configured or some sort of wiki we could browse while we waited.

yea... coulda sworn orignally they said beta would be up Q1 2013.. but still not a peep:(

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

There is a reason for this, the Ncsoft board decided to restructure the whole company here in the West.

They sold their entire western game branches(Excluding Anet and Carbine) for 78 billion Korean Won (that's like 70 million US). With that 70 million US they are gonna form a brand new wholly-owned subsidiary in the US to handle the MMO business within Europe and North America. This new company will be called NC West Holdings. Anet, Carbine, and NC Interactive will all be under this new company. But each Dev house be independently operated.

NC West Holdings is rumored to be in California, so that makes NCsoft's NcWest Seattle office redundant and will be shutting it down.

The Layoffs at NCWest have already started, so until this corporate restructure is finished we probably won't be seeing B&S anytime soon.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.mt.co.kr%2Fmtview.php%3Fno%3D2012121218182727196%26type%3D2%26sec%3Dtech

Originally posted by Kumapon

There is a reason for this, the Ncsoft board decided to restructure the whole company here in the West.

They sold their entire western game branches(Excluding Anet and Carbine) for 78 billion Korean Won (that's like 70 million US). With that 70 million US they are gonna form a brand new wholly-owned subsidiary in the US to handle the MMO business within Europe and North America. This new company will be called NC West Holdings. Anet, Carbine, and NC Interactive will all be under this new company. But each Dev house be independently operated.

NC West Holdings is rumored to be in California, so that makes NCsoft's NcWest Seattle office redundant and will be shutting it down.

The Layoffs at NCWest have already started, so until this corporate restructure is finished we probably won't be seeing B&S anytime soon.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.mt.co.kr%2Fmtview.php%3Fno%3D2012121218182727196%26type%3D2%26sec%3Dtech

Wow, thats actually a good amount of info.  If thats the case, we will still definitely see BnS.  Maybe, it will just have to be Q1 2014.  With ESO and Wildstar releasing this year.  I can wait at least that long :)

Edit:  After reading the whole link you put up, I did not see a single mention of BnS.  So for all we know, it might still be right on schedule (not beta in Q1 2013 obviously) with some modifications they have yet to tell us.  We could even hear something new about this game or a possible beta testing time frame at E3.  I'm sure its mostly wishful thinking on my end.  But, I do hope i'm right :)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

New interview with Hyung-Tae Kim (lead designer/producer of B&S) and when asked about when the English version is coming out he said sometime in 2014..lol

http://cuteinkorea.com/hyung-tae-kim-interview/

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

New interview with Hyung-Tae Kim (lead designer/producer of B&S) and when asked about when the English version is coming out he said sometime in 2014..lol

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    They have already said that Blade and Soul will not launch till afther Wildstar. I was hoping that would still mean this year so now that leaves me with just ArcheAge to look foward to.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Not at all itnerested in WildStar. Hopefully I'll have FFXIV AAR and TESO to keep me preoccupied as I wait for BnS. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63

xD that's 2 years after the release in Korea.. No need for them to release it then. Ncsoft on their best as usual.