Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Square Enix crapstorm

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

The following is a conversation between me and customer support. All my passwords are correct and the only thing I can see is that one of my ID's are case sensitive in the viewer but NOT on the site. Which is horse sh@#. The following is my conversation. (Keep in mind I have been on the phone with them twice before this. FU@#ing Nightmare.

Agent Alfred P: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.

Epicent: sure

Agent Alfred P: Thank you, (Name sensored) How may I help you today?

Epicent: Im having an error message when I try and login to playonline

Epicent: Incorrect Playonline ID or password

Agent Alfred P: Ok. Are you able to log into the SQUARE ENIX account web site?

Epicent: yes

Agent Alfred P: 1. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/)
2. Select “Select Service” under “Services and Options” from the left hand menu.
3. Select “PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI.”
4. Select “Options List” for the appropriate service account.
5. Locate the “PlayOnline ID Options” column and select the “Update” button located next to “Update PlayOnline Password”

After updating the password in the Square Enix account management system, please be sure to adjust the login settings within the PlayOnline Viewer to match.

Agent Alfred P: After you have done that, let me know and well proceed from there.

Epicent: I did that already. Last time I did it it wouldnt let me in. The lady on the phone from customer support told me to reinstall which i did.

Agent Alfred P: I just want to check something.

Epicent: ok, ill try it. one sec

Agent Alfred P: Update the PlayOnline password then let me know once you've changed it.

Epicent: ok, I updated it.

Agent Alfred P: Ok let's go to the PlayOnline Viewer.

Agent Alfred P: Click on the profile you are trying to log into and click "Settings".

Agent Alfred P: Member name = anything you want, member password = leave blank

Agent Alfred P: What do you have listed under PlayOnline ID?

Epicent: (Edited for privacy, My playonline ID)

Agent Alfred P: Do you have the PlayOnline password set to "Save" or "not use"?

Epicent: Save

Epicent: should i set that to the same thing i did on the square enix account management page?

Agent Alfred P: No.

Epicent: ok i wont.

Agent Alfred P: What do you have under SQUARE ENIX ID?

Epicent: (Censored) is the name i use to login

Epicent: its also my playonline member id

Agent Alfred P: Put that in the SQUARE ENIX ID field.

Agent Alfred P: Do you have a security token on the account?

Epicent: Put what in the square enix id field? and no i dont have a security token on the account.

Agent Alfred P: Set the "One-Time password" to "Do Not Use".

Agent Alfred P: (Censored) is your SQUARE ENIX ID

Epicent: same error message

Agent Alfred P: Incorrect PlayOnline ID or password?

Agent Alfred P: On the SQUARE ENIX account web site, what does the SQUARE ENIX ID say on the top left?

Epicent: is it case sensitive?

Epicent: it says (Censored)

Agent Alfred P: The password is case sensitive yes.

Agent Alfred P: So are the IDs.

Agent Alfred P: Did you put the PlayOnline ID in capitals?

Epicent: You account has been temporarily disabled due to 3 consecutive attempts

Epicent: no i had them in all lowercase.

Epicent: 3 consecutive password errors

Epicent: please try again later.

Agent Alfred P: They have to be in capitals.

Agent Alfred P: The PlayOnline ID has to be capitalized.

Agent Alfred P: Or it will say it's wrong.

Epicent: no the playonline ID is capitalized. im talking about the square enix id.

Agent Alfred P: Ok. In order for this block to bypass, you will need to wait 15 minutes then try logging in again

Agent Alfred P: The block has to fall off after 15 minutes since the last failed attempt.

Epicent: wow, no beta pass with my ff 14 legacy status, cant get into a game when you have the right user name and password. gotta love square these days. ok, so after the 15 minutes how do i know what to put. if its giving me that message does that mean that i have the correct password?

Agent Alfred P: It's either the PlayOnline password being inputted incorrectly or the SQUARE ENIX password. Are you on Xbox 360 or PC?

Epicent: pc.

Agent Alfred P: I would do the  following.

Agent Alfred P: Wait 15 minutes. Update the PlayOnline password on the web site. Change the settings for the PlayOnline password to the one you changed and update the profile. Then log into the game using the same password you use to log into the web site.

Agent Alfred P: Keep in mind these 2 passwords are not the same thing.

Epicent: Lol. I'm A+ certified and own around 30 plus mmos. Not exactly a noob at this. This system is just atrocious. I realize it is 2 different passwords. The above is what I was just trying when I got the recent error message. Hopefully it plays out correctly in 15.

Agent Alfred P: Give that a shot and if that doesn't work, contact us back for further help. Also if it fails once, do not keep trying otherwise it will block you again

Epicent: Times like this I wish I had my woman here to make me a sandwich.

Agent Alfred P: Are there any different issues I can assist you with right now?

Epicent: but the block times are always 15 minutes?

Agent Alfred P: It's always 15 minutes yes.

Epicent: actually yes. if i do get into the playonline

Epicent: then do i need a seperate password for ff11?

Agent Alfred P: Once you're logged in, that's it.

Agent Alfred P: There's not another password needed once you log into PlayOnline

Epicent: a f@#$ing sandwich would be nice.

Epicent: cool. hopefully it works. how long till u guys close?

Agent Alfred P: We are open for 2 hours and 30 minutes more.

Epicent: one more thing. do i need to purchase a character slot? ive gotten the game already today.

Agent Alfred P: Yes you do if you just started.

Agent Alfred P: It's required to play the game.

Epicent: so, i have to get the sub and the character?

Agent Alfred P: sub>?

Epicent: subscription.

Agent Alfred P: The subscription?

Agent Alfred P: Subscription fee = $11.95 and $1.00 for each character.

Epicent: the pay model. how does that work exactly

Agent Alfred P: So yes you do.

Epicent: ok, so a total of 12.95

Agent Alfred P: Yes.

Epicent: and thats all done from the square enix account management?

Agent Alfred P: Yes.

Epicent: your account system makes me want to punch multiple babies in the face.

Epicent: ok then. ill try in a few minutes.

Agent Alfred P: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center!  Take care and hope to see you online!

Agent Alfred P has disconnected.

Comments

• oflarhetyoflarhety Member Posts: 1
    So, you're posting a customer service log that shows you being trite and sardonic to a person offering answers to your questions.

"I'm A+ certified and own 30+ MMOs" Yeah, okay. Entry level IT certification for techs and you "own 30 mmos." Care to list them off?

You don't need more than one character in FFXI, each character can do everything.

I do agree, though, that Square's account management system is a bit unorthadox. But it's not something someone with A+ certification would need to petition a customer support worker and be snarky with them over.

Also, pretty sure this is the wrong forum for whining about customer support issues.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    How do you even talk to someone like that?  I feel sorry for people in customer service/everyone in your personal life who has to deal with this type of abuse.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Murugan
    How do you even talk to someone like that?  I feel sorry for people in customer service/everyone in your personal life who has to deal with this type of abuse.

QFT.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I was hoping this customer service rep would hang up on you. I realize they cant do that.  Instead they have to listen to snarky comments when they are doing their best to help a customer.  
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by Murugan

Ive seen worst responses in other posts about the same matter, just sayin. Also you exagerated quite a bit in that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

my ff14 launcher has been a blank blackish/blue window ever since the last update....so now i wait for the next update hoping that will fix it ~_~

but then again i pretty much stopped playing due to static combat with 12345, i cud not take it to almost level 30

hallo ~_~

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Ehhh guys he might come off as rude but imagine if you probably spent good 2+ hours with customer service that even though are being nice are also being useless... I totally understand why he might act like he did... Being nice does not always mean good service, if they can't provide useful answers then the service is bad imo.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
This discussion has been closed.