Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

well, damn if this game doesnt look a little fun

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

cause it does, shelled out $200 for the hero of the north bundle (bought a lifetime sub for sto ahead of time too, although thats just now starting too look worth it with the romulan xpack comeing next month)

its disposable income so I had to buy something, and this game, even for it being ftp, does look fun (the combat they have in the videos).

nobody ever said i wasnt a sucker with my disposable income either.

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Its extremely fun in the sense that a good console type of action game is fun.  I love the game and I'll be the first to admit it doesnt have alot of MMO like qualities but what it does do it does an amazing job at.  I'm just hoping that the Foundry missions, the endearing PvP, and the loot system holds up for a while.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Neverwinter

C9

Dragons Nest

Vindictus

They all look like fun, they all have action combat models, hub/instance based, they are all linear, they are all easy PvE, lots of trash to the boss fight. The last three things kill'm, because they start out as fun as can be, but you want more, you know you can handle much more with the combat model but the game never gives it to you.

These games start out great as you learn the combat and it is fun, but the game will repeat and not challenge you long term, so they are quick burns.

All are FTP, so that works.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by HorrorScope

Neverwinter

C9

Dragons Nest

Vindictus

They all look like fun, they all have action combat models, hub/instance based, they are all linear, they are all easy PvE, lots of trash to the boss fight. The last three things kill'm, because they start out as fun as can be, but you want more, you know you can handle much more with the combat model but the game never gives it to you.

These games start out great as you learn the combat and it is fun, but the game will repeat and not challenge you long term, so they are quick burns.

All are FTP, so that works.

well, just find foundry missions and campaigns in Neverwinter that throw more at you...

problem solved.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

well, just find foundry missions and campaigns in Neverwinter that throw more at you...

problem solved.

Indeed. I even found one of the old B-modules in the foundry during last beta weekend. Hope there will be more of those old D&D modules being put in the foundry when it's launched.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i concur about the foundry, ive been playing sto on and off since closed beta (lifetime member so i feel compelled too keep checking in now and then) and the foundry was a great addition to that game, some people put alot of heart and soul into what they make, and it shows.

so im sure we will see the old hard core dungeon masters hands at work in neverwinter, making combat missions that will have you breathing hard and sweating trying to survive!

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    I'm glad Cryptic is working on this, I played City of Heroes and loved it especially the gameplay. The only thing i didnt like was lack of loot which I think they fixed later on. The task forces and trials were some of the most fun i've ever had in an mmo and hope they can replicate that fun and gameplay in NWO.
  • JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

They all look like fun, they all have action combat models, hub/instance based, they are all linear...

There was no point in reading beyond that.

The Foundry makes the game as non-linear as any game can be because it provides an infinate amount of content that can be played at any given time, content limited only by the players creating it...they even stated that there will be PvP Foundry content in the future.

• BigJohnW78BigJohnW78 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I hear what you are saying, but they took a page from DDO and said ok you want more you want harder.  Once your level 50 you have the ability to go back through the game on EPIC level.... Not only that but I plan on making my foundry missions require 2-3 people other wise they will not be finishable.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by JasonJ

They all look like fun, they all have action combat models, hub/instance based, they are all linear...

There was no point in reading beyond that.

The Foundry makes the game as non-linear as any game can be because it provides an infinate amount of content that can be played at any given time, content limited only by the players creating it...they even stated that there will be PvP Foundry content in the future.

The Foundry imo isn't good until it's good. They make content, but is it good content? COH had a content maker, it ultimately was pretty darn generic. We'll see.