Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only 4 classes?

MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
I know outside the class system you will have your "paths" such as Explorer, Soldier, Scientist, and Settler but will there only be  the 4 classes such as Warrior, Esper, Spellslinger and Stalker when released?

Comments

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Seeing as their website has 4 classes listed and 2 giant question marks below them:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/classes/

I'm going to have to go with 7. The game will defnitely have 7 classes at release. Mark my words.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    A warrior on the farmer path is unlikely to have the same experience as a warrior on the explorer path.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    wow......lol not sure how I missed that but thanks.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

One of the remaining two classes is likely to be some kind of heavy gunner type (judging by all the art for two handed guns yet no class currently using them). The other will probably be an engineer of some kind (I'm hoping a pet class).

There are also two unannounced races still to come. ;)

• mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Alberel

One of the remaining two classes is likely to be some kind of heavy gunner type (judging by all the art for two handed guns yet no class currently using them). The other will probably be an engineer of some kind (I'm hoping a pet class).

I believe they have already hinted at the fact that one of the 2 remaining classes is a healer.  

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Originally posted by mrbungle419

I believe they have already hinted at the fact that one of the 2 remaining classes is a healer.  

Red Heeler or Blue Heeler??

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    ild rather have 4 well done thought out and balanced classes at launch, then 8 or 16 half assed broken shits.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

On their web site, both the Esper and the Spell Slinger are labelled as Ranged DPS/ Healer, so they already have healers :D

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• shocklesshockles Member Posts: 7
    Yeah they have only announced 4 classes so far, but like someone pointed out there are two placeholders with ? as the picture. They will have two more classes and two more races. I am hoping that the other two classes are some sort of pet class, maybe an engineer or some sort of tinkerer that can summon machines. And the last class to be some kind of long ranged dps/support and buff class.

Isn't the esper already the healer?

• ScottyakScottyak Member Posts: 12
    One of the last two classes has been called a "main healer" in at least one interview. I believe it was the Pokket interview at Pax.
  • SushibarfSushibarf Member UncommonPosts: 14
    last 2 classes should be interesting 

• indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97
    As others have said, one of the Devs mentioned that the games 'main' healing class has not been annouced. So we can expect one of the remaining two classes to be a healing class,
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I'm pretty excited about the four. The game adds other options so I am happy. Can bring more classes/races in later

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Volkmar

On their web site, both the Esper and the Spell Slinger are labelled as Ranged DPS/ Healer, so they already have healers :D

In an interview the dev referred to one of the remaining classes as a "main healer".  Probably a class that can't do much on offense but can heal/buff/shield or something similar.

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Sodahz
    I know outside the class system you will have your "paths" such as Explorer, Soldier, Scientist, and Settler but will there only be  the 4 classes such as Warrior, Esper, Spellslinger and Stalker when released?

Seems like they might/will go for FOUR classes on release, but atleast two more are soon to follow.

Besides four isn't that unusual for an MMO (tank, dps, mage, ranged).

Originally posted by Leethe
    A warrior on the farmer path is unlikely to have the same experience as a warrior on the explorer path.

To some extend that is true, though the main storyline won't change a thing.

The "paths" will only change things on the side such as, 'The Soldier' has certain areas around the map the could defend from enemies. Where as 'The Explorer' can get to high ground easier and can discover tunnels (for exploration/combat/shortcuts).

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

In an interview the dev referred to one of the remaining classes as a "main healer".  Probably a class that can't do much on offense but can heal/buff/shield or something similar.

ok, great to know, thanks :D

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Well, since we have 2 tank/dps classes (warrior and stalker), and 2 heal/dps classes (Esper and Spellslinger) it would stand to reason that with 2 more potential classes, we'd get 1 more of each type.  Im guessing a "ranged" tank/dps in the spirit of the Vanguard/Powertech from TOR and another healer/dps

Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

The "paths" will only change things on the side such as, 'The Soldier' has certain areas around the map the could defend from enemies. Where as 'The Explorer' can get to high ground easier and can discover tunnels (for exploration/combat/shortcuts).

That's actually not entirely true. The paths give you skills, not just unique gameplay systems on the side. The scientist, for example, learns new skills by researching and studying things. With this in mind your class/path combination will actually impact combat a fair bit.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

That's actually not entirely true. The paths give you skills, not just unique gameplay systems on the side. The scientist, for example, learns new skills by researching and studying things. With this in mind your class/path combination will actually impact combat a fair bit.

That's interesting.  I don't recall reading that.  But, I might of over looked it.  I can't wait for them to release more info on the subject.

I think the healer class will be some kind of alchemist or some kind of medic (think Starcraft 2 medic).  The healing would be done with tech instead of magic.  Except, you can also off spec as dps and do some damge as a healer.   I imagine a mix between melee and mid-range attacks (for dps).  Mid-range attacks in heal spec.

I'm hoping the 6th class is Tank/ DPS.  I realize that we already have 2 tanks.  But, I can't see anything wrong with another viable tank class. This tank/dps would be either ranged tech tank/dps or a magical  tank/dps.  The Magical tank/dps will be a mix of melee and mid range attacks.  

What I realistically see happening is the 6th class will be a Dps/dps class.  This will make it alot easier to balance.  Could be like 2 Specs of DPS.  One melee, one ranged for example.

Just my opinions.  I could be completely wrong.