Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just purchased VIP - but no info?

Comments

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

i see.. ill talk to support maybe ill find some way i can upgrade or something heh

I may do the same,if it's like the EQ2 prestige housing it would be rent free and I like the rent free :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Does anyone know if the items in the Dragon Packs, like the $40, $90 versions are available in game....either by a rare drop or killing a boss or some crap like that?  Is there any reason for people that pay for the higher tier packs to get pissed off later on and feel like they got cheated?  I see some items say "exclusive"...what exactly does that mean?
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by stringboi
    Does anyone know if the items in the Dragon Packs, like the $40, $90 versions are available in game....either by a rare drop or killing a boss or some crap like that?  Is there any reason for people that pay for the higher tier packs to get pissed off later on and feel like they got cheated?  I see some items say "exclusive"...what exactly does that mean?

pretty sure anything labeled exclusive can "only" be obtained through buying a pack.. as of now at least

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

i see.. ill talk to support maybe ill find some way i can upgrade or something heh

I may do the same,if it's like the EQ2 prestige housing it would be rent free and I like the rent free :)

Just a note housing will be in the PvP zone in Dragon's Prophet, although at launch PvP in the housing area won't be activated right out the gate. They stated the reason PvP will be in the housing area (which are on floating islands) is because guild wars would be fought in this area as well. So there will be a possibility of guild castles in the Housing/PvP area. One more thing to add, your house will be a safe area where you cannot be attacked. So that along with the ability to use teleportation stones/scrolls will allow players that do not wish to PvP free from being exposed to it.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Just a note housing will be in the PvP zone in Dragon's Prophet, although at launch PvP in the housing area won't be activated right out the gate. They stated the reason PvP will be in the housing area (which are on floating islands) is because guild wars would be fought in this area as well. So there will be a possibility of guild castles in the Housing/PvP area. One more thing to add, your house will be a safe area where you cannot be attacked. So that along with the ability to use teleportation stones/scrolls will allow players that do not wish to PvP free from being exposed to it.

Sound's very interesting to say the least :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    it seems that all the new F2P mmos are becoming Buy to Play at a much higher price. Not good. I'll wait for launch then play for free. I dont want to see retail prices go sky high because of expensive pre-purchases of  "vip" access, which is apparently what is going to keep happening.

Its just a founders pack, and you get the monetary value of Station Cash for the pack you buy. So $90 of SC for the $90 founders pack.

Also 'free to play' is never entirely free. You can't complain that other people get things you don't by using money if you are playing a F2P game. You are trying the game for free, isn't that enough? If you want the full experience you always have to pay in one way or another.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    thank god I wont have to PvP to get to my house. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by evilastro
    it seems that all the new F2P mmos are becoming Buy to Play at a much higher price. Not good. I'll wait for launch then play for free. I dont want to see retail prices go sky high because of expensive pre-purchases of  "vip" access, which is apparently what is going to keep happening.

Its just a founders pack, and you get the monetary value of Station Cash for the pack you buy. So $90 of SC for the $90 founders pack.

Also 'free to play' is never entirely free. You can't complain that other people get things you don't by using money if you are playing a F2P game. You are trying the game for free, isn't that enough? If you want the full experience you always have to pay in one way or another.

IF they follow the planetside 2 model this game wont be p2w it will be a real f2p game but we shall see.  People get the gw2 model of b2p with cash shop confused with SOEs F2P (you do not pay for the game at all)

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by pantheron
    thank god I wont have to PvP to get to my house. 

Yeah I just thought I'd throw that out there for people concerned about how PvP will effect their ability to enjoy their house. Seems at least Runewaker thought about player's less concerned about PvP. Also to be noted. The PvE areas will be PvP free so players leveling and gathering do not have to worry about being ganked by death from above.

But if you think about it, it may work out to Runewaker's favor this way. All the PvP fighting will be done in a area that will never become a ghost town. It could become the "Stranglethorn Vale" of Dragon's Prophet. With your home serving at the "Booty Bay" safe area.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62
    The $90 pack is one of the best pre-launch packs I've seen.  It includes a ton of stuff, a really nice looking mount good account wide, and 9000SC.

Yea the pack's are nice just for the SC,if you play any other SOE game's.The SC is worth the price of admission and the other item's are just icing :)

sort of wish i went with the $90 instead of the $40 but doesn't look like you can upgrade

I would have bought the $40 if I had known about the included house.They didn't add that until the day after I purchased the $20 :(

where does it say included house? i see you get house items but nowhere do i see you get a house

They had changed the matrix and it show's a pic of a house.The $40 get's a small and $90 get's a large.

oh i see.. i thought it just said small house item pack not small house + items

The first few day's it did and then they added the houses.I wish they would have done that day 1.

Well, the European forum says that you can buy multiple founders packs for an account.  So if you want both dragons you could buy both pacs for the account.  I don't know if sony is doing the same thing, but I bet they would.

http://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/forum/topic/1098-founders-package-faq/

Originally posted by thubub
    The $90 pack is one of the best pre-launch packs I've seen.  It includes a ton of stuff, a really nice looking mount good account wide, and 9000SC.

Yea the pack's are nice just for the SC,if you play any other SOE game's.The SC is worth the price of admission and the other item's are just icing :)

sort of wish i went with the $90 instead of the $40 but doesn't look like you can upgrade

I would have bought the $40 if I had known about the included house.They didn't add that until the day after I purchased the $20 :(

where does it say included house? i see you get house items but nowhere do i see you get a house

They had changed the matrix and it show's a pic of a house.The $40 get's a small and $90 get's a large.

The first few day's it did and then they added the houses.I wish they would have done that day 1.

Well, the European forum says that you can buy multiple founders packs for an account.  So if you want both dragons you could buy both pacs for the account.  I don't know if sony is doing the same thing, but I bet they would.

i can buy both if I want but that's bit much for me honestly.. id happily bump up my $40 to $90 but don't think ill throw in $90 on top of what i spent already

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

And so goes the theory that Aerowyn is made of money.
    And so goes the theory that Aerowyn is made of money.

if i was made of money id be able to give CU more than $30 and this more than $40.. i can spend in little amounts here and there but that's how I'am able to spend:) military pay isn't much for us enlisted folk:P

I was thinking about starting out on the cheapest pack, and buying one of the better packs if I like what I see in game.  I'm sure they will gladly take your money to buy another pack....but does what you buy get used to upgrade to another pack?  If I purchase the $20 pack, then pay another $20....will it equal the $40 pack, or will it just give me two of the same items in the $20 tier?   Has anyone tried upgrading their packs yet?

I was thinking about starting out on the cheapest pack, and buying one of the better packs if I like what I see in game.  I'm sure they will gladly take your money to buy another pack....but does what you buy get used to upgrade to another pack?  If I purchase the $20 pack, then pay another $20....will it equal the $40 pack, or will it just give me two of the same items in the $20 tier?   Has anyone tried upgrading their packs yet?

i sent them a support ticket to ask.. will probably have to wait till at least monday to get a reply

I asked about the possibility to upgrade Dragon Packs and got this reply:

"We do not offer an upgrade path as each pack contains separate reward items. However, you can purchase multiple packs to get all of the included rewards. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know."

From the people who have purchased a pack and are currently playing, what  are your thoughts on the game?  I have no problem shelling out cash as long as its something decent.  From the videos I've seen, its seems like a good game...but we all know how things can be much different when actually playing.  What do you guys think?

I asked about the possibility to upgrade Dragon Packs and got this reply:

"We do not offer an upgrade path as each pack contains separate reward items. However, you can purchase multiple packs to get all of the included rewards. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know."

From the people who have purchased a pack and are currently playing, what  are your thoughts on the game?  I have no problem shelling out cash as long as its something decent.  From the videos I've seen, its seems like a good game...but we all know how things can be much different when actually playing.  What do you guys think?

i got same reply.. as far as game its still under NDA.. but again i see it as you are paying for the sony cash and get the extra benefit of some nice stuff for this game plus beta access

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I just signed up now and bought the 90 buck pack...game looks interesting, worth a shot imo.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

I talked with SOE they are able to refund a lower pack if you want to upgrade...was nice of them..happy they were accommodating to my request

I talked with SOE they are able to refund a lower pack if you want to upgrade...was nice of them..happy they were accommodating to my request

Good to know,I'll be contacting them soon :)

Arya Stark

According to the NDA, I can tell you that there is a beta.... and I am in it.  That's it. 

I would say as "pay for beta" programs go this is a very good deal.  $20 gets you in the door.  There are VIP upgrade options if you love the game via support, and if you hate the game you still have station cash to use for other sony games (they have a lot to choose from).  Also, they have said they will try to get as many unpaid betas in as possible.  If your willing to wait you have a pretty good shot at getting in at some point.  Based on the value and the cost alone I think its a good deal.  As for the game itself,  I can't tell you anything other than, there is a beta... and I am in it.

just got my refund for the $40 pack.. so they were good on their word and let me upgrade:)

Very nice of them....I'll be asking to do the same!

just got my refund for the $40 pack.. so they were good on their word and let me upgrade:)

I got my refund also and ended getting the $90 pack instead,I can always use the SC in EQ2 if this one doesn't work out.

What I did learn is,they will upgrade you if you bought your pack before the houses were added.If you bought a pack after the houses were part of the matrix,you can't get a refund/upgrade(according to SOE).The only way would be to add another pack to your account and keep both.

Arya Stark

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by IceAge

not sure what that means especially when considering a f2p game.. you are just paying for early access and a couple perks nothing more.. really main reason I did it for this game was the SC on top of being interested in the game.. sony cash can be used on any sony game that has transactions for it so if this game doesn't pan out for me ill save it for another one of their games.. no real loss

Your ... budget is kinda...scary Aerowyn ! You buy like...every game which is coming up. Yea, maybe that's not to much money , but you are like .. everywhere ! F2P, B2P, P2P . I know you bought at least 4 games in the past month, so .. you do have a real life, life ... right? :)

haha yea somewhat real life.. but yes.. honestly I ONLY buy MMOs.. single player offline games i get lent to me from friends so I never purchase those. So really isn't a lot of money.. I don't buy $200 packs or anything like that. Ill throw $30 into a kickstarter or $60 into a pre-purchase but that's about it.. but yes I do play ALL MMOs or at least I try all MMOs i come across:)

You're as bad as me! And my brother thinks I'm crazy! But I just love MMOs I want to try them all and continue playing as many of the good ones as I can lol.