Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forget this game if you are solo only gamer

13»

Comments

• PrysionerosPrysioneros Member Posts: 2

I just had to respond seeing the thread title. I am lvl 82 Shadow and can solo the entire game by myself. Sure I die every once in awhile (usually because Im so full of myself and run to quick into mass amounts of mobs). But to say you can't solo in this game is so farfetched. Your build must suck. I haven't found 1 instance that my character can't solo. I usually do 70+ maps on the regular and don't have much problems.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

is it Massive? Yes

is it Multiplayer? Yes

is it Online? Yes

is it an RPG? Yes

Its a MMORPG then

NO

but it is an awesome game solo or co-op :)

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by sunflame
    Originally posted by Yamota

grouping in an MMO, how dare they

Skyrim had great solo play

Path of Exile is an MMO? I thought it was a lobby based co-op action RPG.

I play POE the same way I played WOW for the last 2 yrs, sit in a Town, wait for my group and goto an instance, or sit in a town, wait for a Raid, goto an instance, or sit in a town, wait for PVP goto an instance, or go out and farm by myself for supplies so that I can sit in town some more waiting for a group.

Seems that its just like the worlds biggest MMO to me, except without the Pandas

Ah right...

Well, I play PoE the same way i played Diablo1 - so that must mean it's a single player game

you played Diablo 1 online on a company's server? Where you had the option to make trades, form groups and talk to other people?

you must be the only one

I'm sorry but I don't see where I claimed to have played it online...

I play PoE the same way I played Diablo1 - without groups / without talking to other people and without trades. Which means it is obviously a single player game (the internet connection is irrlevent as there are a lot of single player games nowdays that requires internet connection).

is it Massive? Yes

is it Multiplayer? Yes

is it Online? Yes

is it an RPG? Yes

Its a MMORPG then

I see where you are coming from but POE isn't a MMORPG, it's a online co-op action RPG.

MMORPG's have a large persistent univirse, POE has a large ingame Twitter, with co-op grouping much like Guild Wars 1 is. Nothing wrong with that so long as it's fun and you are enjoying yourself, but to call it a MMORPG will rub alot of old school MMO players wrong, I still wonder why this site even has games like Diablo, LoL, POE ect. even on the list, my good guess is they just needed a place to list them seeing as there is no COOPRPG.com.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by Yamota

grouping in an MMO, how dare they

Skyrim had great solo play

Path of Exile is an MMO? I thought it was a lobby based co-op action RPG.

I play POE the same way I played WOW for the last 2 yrs, sit in a Town, wait for my group and goto an instance, or sit in a town, wait for a Raid, goto an instance, or sit in a town, wait for PVP goto an instance, or go out and farm by myself for supplies so that I can sit in town some more waiting for a group.

Seems that its just like the worlds biggest MMO to me, except without the Pandas

Ah right...

Well, I play PoE the same way i played Diablo1 - so that must mean it's a single player game

you played Diablo 1 online on a company's server? Where you had the option to make trades, form groups and talk to other people?

you must be the only one

I'm sorry but I don't see where I claimed to have played it online...

I play PoE the same way I played Diablo1 - without groups / without talking to other people and without trades. Which means it is obviously a single player game (the internet connection is irrlevent as there are a lot of single player games nowdays that requires internet connection).

is it Massive? Yes

is it Multiplayer? Yes

is it Online? Yes

is it an RPG? Yes

Its a MMORPG then

I see where you are coming from but POE isn't a MMORPG, it's a online co-op action RPG.

MMORPG's have a large persistent univirse, POE has a large ingame Twitter, with co-op grouping much like Guild Wars 1 is. Nothing wrong with that so long as it's fun and you are enjoying yourself, but to call it a MMORPG will rub alot of old school MMO players wrong, I still wonder why this site even has games like Diablo, LoL, POE ect. even on the list, my good guess is they just needed a place to list them seeing as there is no COOPRPG.com.

Ever since SWTOR was called a MMORPG, times have changed; get used to it!

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Originally posted by Mustarastas

Im level77 and have played since relase of open beta. So far I have had a blast with the game but now that I have died few characters in HC and played with my ranger to 77 I have finally met the wall.

Wait what wall? Well, at the moment if I want to solo I will more or less likely be headed towards Docks (best farm place end game). Now, I do one docks run and I get about 1% exp. On the other hand, if I would go and play in party (hard to find, lots of waiting, well I dont want to party) I would get about 5% exp per run.

Also, the best end game loot drops from maps that are basically party places.

Therefore, even though the game is extremely good at start - even for soloing -  it kinda slaps you in the face after you have played sometime.

But again - thats just my two cents.

glad i left at level 34 when all my minions and my witch got killed in ACT 3 in under 5 sec by some OPed orange and yellow NPCs

the mobs were even 7 levels lower. i have no chance against these op´ed mobs ever