Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game open world and does it have open world PVP?

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

No Open world PVP killed GW2 for me and Blizzard killing off open world PVP killed WoW for me many many years ago now. Then you have SWTOR which while I loved the combat, had the worst "world" design ever and it lead to no open world PVP so it killed that game for me.

I just need to know if A. there is a proper open world that isn't all instanced up to fook like Age of Conan and B. if there is open world PVP?

Thanx.

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    You are confusing WIldstar with FFA sandbox MMO? it is a themepark MMO and no there is no open world PVP.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    You are confusing WIldstar with FFA sandbox MMO? it is a themepark MMO and no there is no open world PVP.

I've said nothing about FFA or sandbox.... WoW had an open world and open world PVP.

Anyways I've got my answer, no open world PVP so I'll pass.

Thanx.

• clockwerk2013clockwerk2013 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    there is open pvp a la wow classic
  • GoldenTiger2GoldenTiger2 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Actually, it does have standard PVP servers for open-world PVP, just no rvr-style content.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by tixylix

No Open world PVP killed GW2 for me and Blizzard killing off open world PVP killed WoW for me many many years ago now. Then you have SWTOR which while I loved the combat, had the worst "world" design ever and it lead to no open world PVP so it killed that game for me. Then there was Wildstar that had no open world pvp and lead to kill the game for me.

Fixed.

Originally posted by GoldenTiger2

Actually, it does have standard PVP servers for open-world PVP, just no rvr-style content.

RVR sucks anyways.

So it does have an open world with open world PVP?

I'm confused now. 

• GoldenTiger2GoldenTiger2 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by GoldenTiger2

RVR sucks anyways.

So it does have an open world with open world PVP?

I'm confused now. 

Errr no, actually, RVR kicks the **** out of meaningless griefing lowbies/zergfest open-world "pvp". But yes, it has open-world pvp servers. Go read the WSC forums, there's a big devpost about it. I'm guessing you never actually got to play much RVR? Might want to learn to research things when someone tells you something's there, though :P : http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/clearing-up-misconceptions-on-open-world-pvp.2072/ self-sufficiency and a bit of initiative will serve you well.

I like open world PVP, it's always solo or in small groups with friends and it is dynamic. You don't get that with RVR which is always about the zerg and in battlegrounds which are too tight and restricted. The best PVP days I've ever had have been with EVE, SWTOR on Tatooine for that Balloon ride, WoW Vanilla before they let you join battlegrounds from anywhere and SWG was even a laugh in the world PVP. Why I like Dayz because it is open and very dynamic, I love having the risk of PVP too, I wish there was heavy loss which just makes your heart beat.