Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just purchased VIP - but no info?

mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
Just wanted to see if anyone who had already purchased the VIP access received any info on the game. I just picked up the $90 version, and not even so much as a 'thanks for purchasing' email has come my way. Just want to make sure i'm not missing something.

Comments

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    You will get a beta invite soon (within about 3-4 days), and then you will be hooked
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
  • Pezant1973Pezant1973 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    MAke sure to check your spam folder as that is one my beta invite showed up in. Also you should get a thank you email right after you purchase it stating you did so.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Pezant1973
    MAke sure to check your spam folder as that is one my beta invite showed up in. Also you should get a thank you email right after you purchase it stating you did so.

yea mine was in spam as well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    it seems that all the new F2P mmos are becoming Buy to Play at a much higher price. Not good. I'll wait for launch then play for free. I dont want to see retail prices go sky high because of expensive pre-purchases of  "vip" access, which is apparently what is going to keep happening.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    it seems that all the new F2P mmos are becoming Buy to Play at a much higher price. Not good. I'll wait for launch then play for free. I dont want to see retail prices go sky high because of expensive pre-purchases of  "vip" access, which is apparently what is going to keep happening.

not sure what that means especially when considering a f2p game.. you are just paying for early access and a couple perks nothing more.. really main reason I did it for this game was the SC on top of being interested in the game.. sony cash can be used on any sony game that has transactions for it so if this game doesn't pan out for me ill save it for another one of their games.. no real loss

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

not sure what that means especially when considering a f2p game.. you are just paying for early access and a couple perks nothing more.. really main reason I did it for this game was the SC on top of being interested in the game.. sony cash can be used on any sony game that has transactions for it so if this game doesn't pan out for me ill save it for another one of their games.. no real loss

Your ... budget is kinda...scary Aerowyn ! You buy like...every game which is coming up. Yea, maybe that's not to much money , but you are like .. everywhere ! F2P, B2P, P2P . I know you bought at least 4 games in the past month, so .. you do have a real life, life ... right? :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by IceAge

Your ... budget is kinda...scary Aerowyn ! You buy like...every game which is coming up. Yea, maybe that's not to much money , but you are like .. everywhere ! F2P, B2P, P2P . I know you bought at least 4 games in the past month, so .. you do have a real life, life ... right? :)

haha yea somewhat real life.. but yes.. honestly I ONLY buy MMOs.. single player offline games i get lent to me from friends so I never purchase those. So really isn't a lot of money.. I don't buy $200 packs or anything like that. Ill throw $30 into a kickstarter or $60 into a pre-purchase but that's about it.. but yes I do play ALL MMOs or at least I try all MMOs i come across:)

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Some are confused.  This is not a b2p game like GW2 this is a f2p game like PS2 you get the game for free.  People just payed for special stuff that includes beta access.
    Originally posted by William12
    Some are confused.  This is not a b2p game like GW2 this is a f2p game like PS2 you get the game for free.  People just payed for special stuff that includes beta access.

correct some seem confused:)

haha yea somewhat real life.. but yes.. honestly I ONLY buy MMOs.. single player offline games i get lent to me from friends so I never purchase those. So really isn't a lot of money.. I don't buy $200 packs or anything like that. Ill throw $30 into a kickstarter or $60 into a pre-purchase but that's about it.. but yes I do play ALL MMOs or at least I try all MMOs i come across:)

I can do that myself too, but I don't see any reasons for backing up a kickstarter project ( not saying that there are not some, which worth to support them) , or paying for pre-purchasing a F2P game. 

Hence, I just can't play 2 MMO's at the same time as you for exemple, even if I have the time to spend it. But as of now, there are no good MMO's worth playing, but that's just me, and I don't like F2P games anymore (not been a big fan of those however). Just waiting for WildStar and ArcheAge :)

What do you do for...living?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

I can do that myself too, but I don't see any reasons for backing up a kickstarter project ( not saying that there are not some, which worth to support them) , or paying for pre-purchasing a F2P game. 

Hence, I just can't play 2 MMO's at the same time as you for exemple, even if I have the time to spend it. But as of now, there are no good MMO's worth playing, but that's just me, and I don't like F2P games anymore (not been a big fan of those however). Just waiting for WildStar and ArcheAge :)

US Coast Guard.. work in a comms center for 12 hours a day... very boring, so i post a lot from work.. and at home I have dual pcs side by side so i can surf the forums and play games.. i'm beta testing a MMO as we speak:)

US Coast Guard.. work in a comms center for 12 hours a day... very boring, so i post a lot from work.. and at home I have dual pcs side by side so i can surf the forums and play games.. i'm beta testing a MMO as we speak:)

What MMO, if you don't break the NDA! And if you do, that's fine. You are a guard after all :)

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    honestly I'm not even doing anything in the beta yet (bought the 40 dolla pack). I bought it for the everything else. the VIP beta access thing was like the bottom of my list of stuff i got out of it. i wish i had had 90 because DAT DRAGON.

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    The $90 pack is one of the best pre-launch packs I've seen.  It includes a ton of stuff, a really nice looking mount good account wide, and 9000SC.

the 9k SC is worth it alone SC is 1$ per 100 unless its a double SC weekend.

Oh and my cousin just bought the VIP access he got the email right away so if you haven't gotten your email by now check your spam folders.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    The $90 pack is one of the best pre-launch packs I've seen.  It includes a ton of stuff, a really nice looking mount good account wide, and 9000SC.

Yea the pack's are nice just for the SC,if you play any other SOE game's.The SC is worth the price of admission and the other item's are just icing :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Slappy1

Yea the pack's are nice just for the SC,if you play any other SOE game's.The SC is worth the price of admission and the other item's are just icing :)

sort of wish i went with the $90 instead of the $40 but doesn't look like you can upgrade

sort of wish i went with the $90 instead of the $40 but doesn't look like you can upgrade

I would have bought the $40 if I had known about the included house.They didn't add that until the day after I purchased the $20 :(

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

I would have bought the $40 if I had known about the included house.They didn't add that until the day after I purchased the $20 :(

where does it say included house? i see you get house items but nowhere do i see you get a house

where does it say included house? i see you get house items but nowhere do i see you get a house

They had changed the matrix and it show's a pic of a house.The $40 get's a small and $90 get's a large.

Arya Stark

https://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/vip-access.vm

https://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/vip-access.vm

say's small house+6 item's.

$90 get's large house and 8 item's.

Arya Stark

They had changed the matrix and it show's a pic of a house.The $40 get's a small and $90 get's a large.

oh i see.. i thought it just said small house item pack not small house + items.. well damn now i really wish i went the $90 pack route

oh i see.. i thought it just said small house item pack not small house + items

The first few day's it did and then they added the houses.I wish they would have done that day 1.

Arya Stark

oh i see.. i thought it just said small house item pack not small house + items

The first few day's it did and then they added the houses.I wish they would have done that day 1.

i see.. ill talk to support maybe ill find some way i can upgrade or something heh