Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Myth of the "Ugly Women in TSW"

I admit that at launch TSW had some real issues with regards to women's faces. It is now very possible to create a beautiful avatar though. 

I'm sharing this, would love if others wanted to share their characters as well.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

lol well at that size anything can be considered "beautiful" might want to add a full sized pic

ahh there you go.. you and I have a very differen't opinion on what makes a beautiful toon it seems.. in TSW i could make 3 "decent" looking female toons but none i'd call beautiful

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Ummm beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
  • MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by psiic

Beholders have multiple eyestalks and this affords them an appreciation for a wide range of beauty (not to mention a Ray of disintegration.).

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by MortisRex
    Originally posted by psiic

Beholders have multiple eyestalks and this affords them an appreciation for a wide range of beauty (not to mention a Ray of disintegration.).

Lol, nice image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

for example i'd say norn female can be very "pretty" in gw2

but even the best character i could make in TSW was just average to me

but then again who is to say what is beautiful.. hell i know people who say scarlet johanson is ugly and I find her one of the best looking females in hollywood.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

T'yiga "Teega" Vinnawn, dressed up for the Crusades.

Alice "Shaktivada" Murray, dressed for Hell

for me this is probably the best looking female face I  have seen in a MMO imho.. but again others may disagree

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

for example i'd say norn female can be very "pretty" in gw2

but even the best character i could make in TSW was just average to me

but then again who is to say what is beautiful.. hell i know people who say scarlet johanson is ugly and I find her one of the best looking females in hollywood.

Unfair if we talking boobie beauty need to show the GW2 boobies a little more out there and in your face

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by ashleymorrow

I admit that at launch TSW had some real issues with regards to women's faces. It is now very possible to create a beautiful avatar though. 

I'm sharing this, would love if others wanted to share their characters as well.

I agree with you.  As far as "pixel-people" are concerned, I think that female characters can be made in TSW that are quite attractive.  The game has a definite style as far as models are concerned, but I think they look a bit more "real" than what's found in other games.

Sure, I think they can still add more variety, but there's nothing wrong with what they have now.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Rohn

I agree with you.  As far as "pixel-people" are concerned, I think that female characters can be made in TSW that are quite attractive.  The game has a definite style as far as models are concerned, but I think they look a bit more "real" than what's found in other games.

Sure, I think they can still add more variety, but there's nothing wrong with what they have now.

I agree, would love more options but it is getting better.

A few more:

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

The character creation is definitely lacking. They seem to have added some options since launch, though, so mebbe we'll see more soon? I'm pretty happy with my current look.

NotIlluminatiISwear

<3

• BoreasBoreas Member Posts: 24

My understanding is they included some additional choices when they added the option to change appearance and hairstyle after character creation.

I also enjoyed how creepy they made the NPC who allows you to change your physical appearance. "Look like someone completely different? Yesss, we can do that" [insane laugh]. He fits the setting well. The mission that explains where he gets his "raw materials" was a nice touch as well.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Haha you know how many guys out there love the homely ,girl next door look,MILLIONS !.

The chemical faced,beauty salon look can turn a lot of guys off.I guess it is the same for fake and real breasts,some love it,some hate it.

BTW the lovliest female character i have ever seen in a game was Yuna from FFX and the hottest was Lion from FFXI :D

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I still find the women in TSW to be quite unattractive tbh.  I definately find the female faces in AoC to be superior which is what I find disturbing.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471
    Is Underworld style latex catsuit yet available for female characters?

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

They say beauty is in eye of beholder so maybe that is why OP likes ugly faces in TSW.

However, you can come up with couple of decent faces in TSW but nothing on level of games like Aion, Tera, GW2 , FFXI, FFXIV, AOC.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

They all look like goth/emo, meth addicts or plastic dolls. No my cup of tea. (tsw females that is)

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Well this isn't going well...

But seriously, you can't dispell a myth that was just an opinion in the first place, no matter how many people shared that opinion.  Who cares if someone thinks your avatar is fugly?  You see the back of your character most of the time anyway.

Originally posted by Eir_S

But seriously, you can't dispell a myth that was just an opinion in the first place, no matter how many people shared that opinion.  Who cares if someone thinks your avatar is fugly?  You see the back of your character most of the time anyway.

well in a game like this and swtor you see the front of your character a LOT more than your average MMO so i'd say to me it's even that more important to like the look of your avatar

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Beholders are ugly.  Women, not so much.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

well in a game like this and swtor you see the front of your character a LOT more than your average MMO so i'd say to me it's even that more important to like the look of your avatar

Ah, that's right, I forgot about the story cutscenes.  Well in that case, they should sell paper bags in the cash shop...

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    If this is truly the perception of the average gamer, you guys need to crawl out of your holes and visit the real world for a bit. The women in this thread from TSW aren't 'average', TSW aims for realism and yet in the real world those women would still be models, still more beautiful than the 'average' woman. You guys are getting so used to air-brushed perfection that you're starting to think that's the norm. Reality check, people.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Well in that case, they should sell paper bags in the cash shop...

I guess the situation is not THAT bad...  there was a "post your toon" topic after launch, it had some pretty decent ones.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Haha you know how many guys out there love the homely ,girl next door look,MILLIONS !.

millions +1  :)

Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    If this is truly the perception of the average gamer, you guys need to crawl out of your holes and visit the real world for a bit. The women in this thread from TSW aren't 'average', TSW aims for realism and yet in the real world those women would still be models, still more beautiful than the 'average' woman. You guys are getting so used to air-brushed perfection that you're starting to think that's the norm. Reality check, people.

in my opinion if I rated someone on looks on a scale from 1 to 10 in the real world on average and used tsw females to compare them i'd rate them a 4/10 still.. sorry they just look below average to me:(

not to say i can't create a 6/10 face just on average I feel they are 4/10

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

TSW is not going for Realism. If it was, it wouldnt be an MMO. No game goes for realism as they are based on the graphic artists interpretation of everything.

I do agree somewhat with what you say but the idea is for games to be less than realistic.