Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Achievements

Comments

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by mnwild1998

No but if you keep coming back you will get a coupon for $9.99 that how it works in the real world, thats how it worked with SWTOR sorry its hard for some people to understand that.  Yeah sucks when you try to make a point that is so damn flawed you need to resort to trying to make a joke about it.  Nice try!

Doesnt sound so awesome anymore lol

And (since you quoted me) and didnt answer the question how to get paid update for 9,99 without paying additional 15...its moving to category of "posting for the sake of posting" or "pointless"

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by tintilinic
    Originally posted by furh98
    snip

Lineage 2 never had a paid expansion. Its now completely free to play and, as alwyas, it gets a free expansion. Also, it was immensly more successful than SWTOR

EvE (as a sub game) never charged for expansion

LOTRO - you can buy expansion with free TP AT THE DAY OF RELEASE OF EXPANSION

Oh, i should mention, all those games have REAL expansion also, not content updates renamed to expansion.

The cost of SWTOR paid content update is either 25$ or 20$ (and, just to cut the nonsense, if you found the way to get this content update for 10$ without paying additional 15$, please, share it, there might be people interested in that)

F2P isnt an option any more in SWTOR, its now gone P2P again, so please refrain yourselves for mentiong F2P and SWTOR in relation. But that was obvious since november, but nooooooo, some people are just blind.

Amount of free points is around 700 (from what i gathered) per ACCOUNT. Cant even buy 1 armor set from CM lol.

• Subscribers save 50% off the Regular Price - Only $9.99 ($19.99 Regular Price).
    • Players who pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel receive an exclusive title and two new in-game items when the Digital Expansion launches!
    • Not a Subscriber? Upgrade Now.

Yep looks like $9.99 to me.

I guess you didn't understand the underlying argument.  But as your post even suggests, it will cost sub+$9.99 to get the expansion.

= $25

That arguement is flawed at best.  Those who sub have been subbing.  Therefore this is just an extra $9.99 one time purchase.  I have a car payment of $300/month I need an oil change once a month at $19.99 that doesnt mean my oil change cost $319.99

You continually miss the mark.

Would a subscriber keep subscribing if there was no new content?  Probably not.  The new content Makeb offers is like a general content update for WoW ... but for SWTOR it's a huge expansion!!

I bring up WoW since SWTOR tried so hard to vocally pass the idea that SWTOR was going to rival WoW.

If Makeb cost $10 ($25 for subscribers)  / $20 .. then I guess it only gets worse from here.

I would love to see the reaction if Blizzard charged $10 for ToC, which is what Makeb amounts to, yes?  About 8-10 hours of content, or 2-4 hours if someone spacebars through everything.  ToC was free though, and included all new dungeons and raids.  Opps.  Excluding dailies of course, and frankly WoW had some pretty cool rewards .. a player didn't need to go to the cash shop to get a cool mount, they could get it in-game.  All with one patch update.

*dozen pets & mounts too in ToC, for pet collectors, all a thankyou for subscribing.  Tough act to follow .. but by all means, keep comparing SWTOR to DDO, etc and saying the model is fine.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

I probably threw readers off that weren't familiar with WoW.  My apologies.

ToC was a patch that happened during WotLK, cited as the worst patch ever for lack of content.

I set that as the low-bar to compare to SWTOR / Makeb.

ToC was free for subscribers, though.

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Would a subscriber keep subscribing if there was no new content?  Probably not.  The new content Makeb offers is like a general content update for WoW ... but for SWTOR it's a huge expansion!!

I bring up WoW since SWTOR tried so hard to vocally pass the idea that SWTOR was going to rival WoW.

If Makeb cost $10 ($25 for subscribers)  / $20 .. then I guess it only gets worse from here.

I would love to see the reaction if Blizzard charged $10 for ToC, which is what Makeb amounts to, yes?  About 8-10 hours of content, or 2-4 hours if someone spacebars through everything.  ToC was free though, and included all new dungeons and raids.  Opps.  Excluding dailies of course, and frankly WoW had some pretty cool rewards .. a player didn't need to go to the cash shop to get a cool mount, they could get it in-game.  All with one patch update.

*dozen pets & mounts too in ToC, for pet collectors, all a thankyou for subscribing.  Tough act to follow .. but by all means, keep comparing SWTOR to DDO, etc and saying the model is fine.

Between Nov 2011 and August 2012 WoW had zero content patches.  That's 9 months with no new content added.  Then they released a $55 dollar expansion.  Since the launch of the expansion in August the've had 2 content patches in 7 months.  I certainly hope SWTOR doesn't follow their example.

Also, there is certainly more than 8-10 hours of content in the ROTHC expansion.  8-10 hours to do the story, per faction.  That's 16-20 hours of content.  Secondly you're missing the Seeker Droid and Macrobinocular questlines which are quite long and add new mechanics to the game.  Lastly there is a new operation which is the biggest Op they've done. 

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

As for the achievements, I think they are legacy bound and yes you earn CC's for certain achievements....I had 10 CC's left on my account and the day ROTHC went live (or early access went live), I instantly got 260 CC's added to my account...upon further inspection, I found it was from achievements (I didn't know we were gonna be able to earn CC's from achievements prior to this).   

I did want to search through the achievements and see just how much CC's one could earn in total...I'm sure it's just a minor amount to at least get F2P players looking at the cartel market....afterall a common sales tactic is to just get the customer in the store and hopefully let thier impulses guide their hand into their wallet...with some minor help from the salesman in their ear of course.   So I feel this move by BW is to draw people to the shop.   

Also as far as the expansion goes, it's not like you can't still play for free after you buy it....buying the expannsion doesn't mean you have to sub to keep access to what the expansion gives you...at least I hope not...if so, then that is the worst decision BW could ever make...might as well go back to sub only if all they care about is subs.

On another note, I have a pet peeve to get off my chest after reading some of the responses in this thread....

You know one thing that I hate, it's assumptions!!!!

Assumptions are wrong 99% of the time because they are always based on your own perspective and anyone with any good sense knows that your own perspective is always one-sided and is subjective to only what you know and/or have experienced as an individual.    Since no person knows it all or has experienced everything a person can experience, when you assume a player can or should be able to afford $10 dollars to spend on a game, you are making an unfair judgement...which in my opinion doesn't help anything at all....not you, not the person's you are talking about, not the game company....not anyone.   

The fact of the matter is every person has a reason they don't, can't or aren't willing to pay even the smallest amount of money to play a game.  Just because you can or you believe others can, in now way makes your belief correct or true or justifies anything revolving around a person playing for free or not.

all I'm saying is to some, $10 is chump change...for people like me, I just spent over $60,000 last year for a 3 month premature son that includes drugs, hospital bills, medical equipment and thousands more for the needs of my other 3 kids, wife, car and home....so you tell me, am I being unreasonable wanting to play a game (one of the things I enjoy most in life) for 100% free? 

If SWTOR wasn't free, I wouldn't be playing it at all.....and I'm sure there are many other free players like me...which means, the game would soon die off for lack of playerbase....nobody likes ghost towns in MMO's...they thrive on keeping the servers filled...when they are not filled (free or sub), they fail and shutdown, period.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    If we are having logic like that that means that expansions to Rift and WoW were not 39.99 but 54.99 - wow that's expensive:)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    If we are having logic like that that means that expansions to Rift and WoW were not 39.99 but 54.99 - wow that's expensive:)

Seven, those were real expansions.

An expansion just doesn't include a level rise.  It includes much more.

For WoW, that would be about 7-10 new planets, along with new crafting skills, a new race (or new class, they alternate), new dungeons (fps), new battlegrounds (wzs), new raids (ops).

Nobody can compare a wow expansion to Makeb, can they?

The argument will be that it's only 10 bucks .. 1/4 of the price of competitors...

Except for a big game, you need a big exansion to draw people in .. some dinky patch isn't going to do it.

Makeb is 1/4 the price of a major competitors expansion, and the buyer gets 1/20th of the content.  Go figure.

For WoW, that would be about 7-10 new planets, along with new crafting skills, a new race (or new class, they alternate), new dungeons (fps), new battlegrounds (wzs), new raids (ops).

The argument will be that it's only 10 bucks .. 1/4 of the price of competitors...

Except for a big game, you need a big exansion to draw people in .. some dinky patch isn't going to do it.

Makeb is 1/4 the price of a major competitors expansion, and the buyer gets 1/20th of the content.  Go figure.

So your logic is because YOU don't think Makeb qualifies as an expansion the logic used to say SWTOR expansion doesnt cost $9.99 but $9.99 + montly fee does not transfer to other MMO's just SWTOR?  Is that what your saying? 

I'm not even clear on what you are asking, but I guess it was an attempt to convolute the conversation.

What my logic is was clearly presented.

So your logic is because YOU don't think Makeb qualifies as an expansion the logic used to say SWTOR expansion doesnt cost $9.99 but $9.99 + montly fee does not transfer to other MMO's just SWTOR?  Is that what your saying? 

I'm not even clear on what you are asking, but I guess it was an attempt to convolute the conversation.

What my logic is was clearly presented.

Yes your logic is very clear and also very flawed.  You should try out the expansion than you might have a clue as too why it is an expansion.  Just reading the other 4 guys that post on every SWTOR does not really tell you what actually is in the expansion. 

I listen to Larry Everett (Hyperspace Beacon), and he is a slow-progression player like me.  He says 8-10 hours (this weeks Gamebreaker Republic).  I have no reason to doubt him.  He says just a few hours if you spacebar through everything.  Justin even ackowledged this and laughed.

Gabby, just because you don't like what you hear, doesn't mean you can go around saying everyone's logic is flawed.

You have some funky math there. 

If ROTHC had 4 times the content it would have:

4 planets with 60-80 hours of content and 12 hours of cutscenes with unique dialogue for each class

4 new operations

20 level increase with a lot of new skills

8 new epic quest lines introducing new game mechanics and puzzle solving

20 new sets of gear for each class

20 new daily areas

No one would complain about paying 40 bucks for that.  Well, many on this forum would but we know what this forum is like. 

Also keep in mind they reworked 4 of the flashpoints for level 55 with new mechanics added for the hard modes.  There is also a new race coming soon, without requiring an expansion for them to be introduced.

I listen to Larry Everett (Hyperspace Beacon), and he is a slow-progression player like me.  He says 8-10 hours (this weeks Gamebreaker Republic).  I have no reason to doubt him.  He says just a few hours if you spacebar through everything.  Justin even ackowledged this and laughed.

Gabby, just because you don't like what you hear, doesn't mean you can go around saying everyone's logic is flawed.

Yeah, 8-10 hours to play the IMPERIAL story.  Larry does not have any republic characters at max level.  So you're looking at 16-20 hours of content, just for Makeb.  Larry also talked about how the Shroud and Seeker Droid quest lines were the underappreciated additions to the expansion that not enough people are talking about considering how well done they are.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by gaou

I'm curious on some details on how it works.. for instance, can you only get the CC's 1 time per achievement per account (ie get them on your first time, then never again on alts)? ..

I suppose it will come out eventually also whether CC coins are given to freemiums.

It would be nice actually if dailies or some other repeatable content gave CC's ..

Achievement Rewards

All Achievements reward the player with Prestige, a score showing the combined value of your completed Achievements. Any player inspecting your Achievements can immediately see your total Prestige and get an idea of just how much of the game you have completed and explored.

Some tough Achievements will grant the player Legacy Titles usable by all members of your Legacy. For example, the Master Craftsman Achievement referenced earlier bestows the title of Master Craftsman across your entire Legacy.

A small number of Achievements will grant Cartel Coins to your account. These Achievements only reward Cartel Coins once per account instead of once per Legacy.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-update-legacy-achievements

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnnn.............

Looked at the achievement rewards for all of them, either title here and there or coins.  BORING.  At least newer mmo's like Rift, The Secret World, EQ2 (and 1 for that matter) give you that sort of stuff along with unique fluff rewards like vanity gear, pets, items, etc.

Originally posted by DaRoamer

4 planets with 60-80 hours of content and 12 hours of cutscenes with unique dialogue for each class

4 new operations

20 new daily areas

No one would complain about paying 40 bucks for that.  Well, many on this forum would but we know what this forum is like. 

Also keep in mind they reworked 4 of the flashpoints for level 55 with new mechanics added for the hard modes.  There is also a new race coming soon, without requiring an expansion for them to be introduced.

L2MAth pls,

If you did your own math right, ROTHC would have had 8 times the content,

8 planets with 920-1860 hours of content and 24 hours of cutscenes with unique dialogue for each class

8 new operations

40 level increase with a lot of new skills

16 new epic quest lines introducing new game mechanics and puzzle solving

40 new sets of gear for each class

40 new daily areas

No one would complain about paying more than 40 cents for that.  Well, many on this forum would but we know what this forum is like. 

Also keep in mind they reworked none of the flashpoints for level 55 with new mechanics added for the hard modes, somehow making them new.  There is also a new race coming soon after I die, and it doesn't require an expansion, which is just as well, since I'll be already 6 feet under.

• PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40

I am curious about trying this game,. I;m a big fan of Star Wars but It never comes into my mind to try this.

I will give it a shot then :) 

4 new operations

20 new daily areas

L2MAth pls,

If you did your own math right, ROTHC would have had 8 times the content,

8 planets with 920-1860 hours of content and 24 hours of cutscenes with unique dialogue for each class

8 new operations

40 level increase with a lot of new skills

16 new epic quest lines introducing new game mechanics and puzzle solving

40 new sets of gear for each class

40 new daily areas

No one would complain about paying more than 40 cents for that.  Well, many on this forum would but we know what this forum is like. 

Also keep in mind they reworked none of the flashpoints for level 55 with new mechanics added for the hard modes, somehow making them new.  There is also a new race coming soon after I die, and it doesn't require an expansion, which is just as well, since I'll be already 6 feet under.

I'm sorry, since when does 40 divided by 10 equal 8?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Between Nov 2011 and August 2012 WoW had zero content patches.  That's 9 months with no new content added.  Then they released a $55 dollar expansion.  Since the launch of the expansion in August the've had 2 content patches in 7 months.  I certainly hope SWTOR doesn't follow their example.

Also, there is certainly more than 8-10 hours of content in the ROTHC expansion.  8-10 hours to do the story, per faction.  That's 16-20 hours of content.  Secondly you're missing the Seeker Droid and Macrobinocular questlines which are quite long and add new mechanics to the game.  Lastly there is a new operation which is the biggest Op they've done. 

Why waste your time arguing with a poster who doesn't even play the game and always posts about things he knows nothing about?  If he played the game, he would know that a free pet and holo  DOES come with the expansion and that space barring makes little difference in time saved going through makeb or any other part of the game. After four hours I was only a half level up even after doing every quest available. If he actually played the game, he would know that there is a ton of new content in this expansion that even the best content locusts in my guild haven't burned all the way through even after hitting level 55. The only people I see griping about this expansion is the same people that have griped about the game since the very beginning. Nothing TOR does now or in the future will ever be acknowledged in a positive light by them  so why bother? 

And really, anyone that adds on the monthly sub for Tor's expansion and not do the same for another sub game's expansion is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Pure and simple. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3

Why waste your time arguing with a poster who doesn't even play the game and always posts about things he knows nothing about?  If he played the game, he would know that a free pet and holo  DOES come with the expansion and that space barring makes little difference in time saved going through makeb or any other part of the game. After four hours I was only a half level up even after doing every quest available. If he actually played the game, he would know that there is a ton of new content in this expansion that even the best content locusts in my guild haven't burned all the way through even after hitting level 55. The only people I see griping about this expansion is the same people that have griped about the game since the very beginning. Nothing TOR does now or in the future will ever be acknowledged in a positive light by them  so why bother? 

And really, anyone that adds on the monthly sub for Tor's expansion and not do the same for another sub game's expansion is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Pure and simple. 

SWTOR is F2P.  The wimpy "xpac" costs money.  Who is arguing just for the sake of arguing, except yourself?

How can you justify a free game that gives away the full story for free, but only if you pay to see the end of the story?

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I'm not going to argure about the merits or ammount of content in Makeb. I will point out that when you go Freemium, including the monthly sub with the cost of the expansion comes with the territory.

I also like how it's been convienently forgotten that WOW's first expansion didn't get released until more than two years after its launch which means it's playerbase was stuck doing the same content a lot longer than TOR's playerbase was. 

I also like how it's been convienently forgotten that WOW's first expansion didn't get released until more than two years after its launch which means it's playerbase was stuck doing the same content a lot longer than TOR's playerbase was. 

Please don't go there. http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches/1.x

In less then 2 years vanilla WoW had 12 major patches that added many things. Some may now call them grindfests, but there were new warzones (including the 40 vs. 40 AV with NPCs), large raids, reps, server events, gear, etc., and weather effects. This was between 2004 and 2006.

Once could even argue that TBC xpac ended the golden age of WoW.

One thing TBC didn't do was retune old content to the new cap level, which SWTOR has done. If you don't buy Makeb, not only do you end progression, you actually lose some content.

I think WoW players had their hands full?  You *might* want to stick to games you actually played before you try to comment on the lack of content in WoW Vanilla.

It's not pasting properly, so

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches/1.x

I think WoW players had their hands full?  You *might* want to stick to games you actually played before you try to comment on the lack of content in WoW Vanilla.

Originally posted by Sad5losers

Its really sad your suck a little BITCH that when you get called out you need to report the person.  Suck it up you and your other 4 are a bunch of loser who got nothing better to do than whine, cry and bitch about A VIDEO GAME YOU DON't play.  Enjoy your pathetic life you little piece of shit. 

Im sitting at work not much going on so just posting along.  Little bitches can't handle being called out. 

Originally posted by tiefighter25

It's good to see eveyone getting along and not being redundant.

Originally posted by Sad5losers

Its really sad your suck a little BITCH that when you get called out you need to report the person.  Suck it up you and your other 4 are a bunch of loser who got nothing better to do than whine, cry and bitch about A VIDEO GAME YOU DON't play.  Enjoy your pathetic life you little piece of shit. 

Im sitting at work not much going on so just posting along.  Little bitches can't handle being called out. 

It's good to see eveyone getting along and not being redundant.

yeah I was a little late .. actually I read your post after I tried to format the page into a post, gave up, then posted the link instead.

In less then 2 years vanilla WoW had 12 major patches that added many things. Some may now call them grindfests, but there were new warzones (including the 40 vs. 40 AV with NPCs), large raids, reps, server events, gear, etc., and weather effects. This was between 2004 and 2006.

Tor's also added dailies ,new events, new warzones, new Flashpoints and new OPs since launch. Big deal. 

One thing TBC didn't do was retune old content to the new cap level, which SWTOR has done. If you don't buy Makeb, not only do you end progression, you actually lose some content.

What in the world are you talking about? What content that was available before are players not able to get now that Makeb has been released? What was taken away? The only thing that has been retuned is the combat system.

Tor's also added dailies ,new events, new warzones, new Flashpoints and new OPs since launch. Big deal. 

What in the world are you talking about? What content that was available before are players not able to get now that Makeb has been released? What was taken away? The only thing that has been retuned is the combat system.

You might want to address the < green > portion before you make any more comparisons.