Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Rewards Program Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Wars: The Old Republic site has been updated with a new blog to outline the just-announced "Guild Rewards Program". The initial 'buff' will see players gain 5% Guild XP while playing as a guild member.

Are you ready to earn valuable rewards for joining a guild? We’ve got great news! We’re excited to launch a new Guild Rewards Program which rewards player participation in guilds with in-game bonuses and benefits.

Read the full post on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Yet an other way to advertise something that's not really there *sigh* The only 'actual reward' that's there for joining a guild is the 5% XP bonus. As if you're not leveling too fast already in SWTOR... It would have been more interesting if there would be a gear/mount/buff reward for being in a guild, much like WoW does.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

This game needs to do something like Final Fantasy Reborn.

There is so much wrong and linear with this game that it's not even funny.

A re-launch, after they have added in all the social content, e.g., gigantic and empty planets used for world pvp and housing / forts, cantinas with incentives to use them, deeper crafting, will do 'em well.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Really? This whole page is just saying "+5% xp while in guilds". Sure, they said "more is coming" but does anyone really care about that? Its like saying tommorrow you will eat lunch. No one really cares unless you know whats for lunch. The statement that more is coming is just as unnecessary as this whole article just to get press for the game. 

And if you believe that they can actually afford to do a "realm reborn" type reboot you are crazy. The game is making money atleast on some level since they are making content. If they rebooted the whole game and shut it down for 6 months they would lose FAR more then they would gain. What FF14 is doing has not actually been proven to work either. They are putting all their eggs in one basket and basically gambling the company on FF14 Reborn. 

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    5%xp boost? Isnt that a reason to not join a guild?
  • mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    How do these people keep announcing the most miniscule content updates as if they are earth shattering, mind blowingly amazing features that haven't been industry standard for 5 years or more? This game is hopeless.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Yawn.....!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by mrbreck
    How do these people keep announcing the most miniscule content updates as if they are earth shattering, mind blowingly amazing features that haven't been industry standard for 5 years or more? This game is hopeless.

I have to say that’s how I feel too, all the SWTOR additions seem to be built up massively by EA/Bioware and most features added to this point have been MMO staples for years now. Still news I guess although nothing I've seen including the latest DLC makes me want to try the game out again.

• C_GlassC_Glass Member CommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Coolit

I have to say that’s how I feel too, all the SWTOR additions seem to be built up massively by EA/Bioware and most features added to this point have been MMO staples for years now. Still news I guess although nothing I've seen including the latest DLC makes me want to try the game out again.

You know full well considering how large and ambitious MMO's are that having EVERY feature that are in present mmos is near impossible to achieve by launch date. MMO's, even wow, added those fluff features over a LONG period time.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

No reason to complain about 5% boost to XP for guildies... it encourages people to get social and join guilds... already you can see in general chat that it's working.

I hope they will introduce some cool rewards, achievements etc later on.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

I believe incentive to join a guild and be social in an MMO is always a good thing. However the way they announce triviality is so inane I justg can't be bothered to care. I don't play SWTOR anymore but I still received an email announcing exciting new guild features, to which directed me to a page which said 5% more experience!!

Couldn't they have just said 'in' the email they sent me, it hardly seems worth my time if I am honest. Is there a real guild issue going on in SWTOR at the moment? Is there a  large populace of the game wandering around guildless? 

I understand why SWTOR does things like this, get people in guilds and make them social then they are less likely to leave, or will spend more time on the game to potentially drop some money on it. I just hate the way they go about this stuff. 

• sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    exciting feature
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by C_Glass

You know full well considering how large and ambitious MMO's are that having EVERY feature that are in present mmos is near impossible to achieve by launch date. MMO's, even wow, added those fluff features over a LONG period time.

The problem is that these days you need to either launch a game that is markedly different from the competition with fewer features and hope the "idea" catches on or launch a similar game with close to all the expected features to even think about competing.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Yet an other way to advertise something that's not really there *sigh* The only 'actual reward' that's there for joining a guild is the 5% XP bonus. As if you're not leveling too fast already in SWTOR... It would have been more interesting if there would be a gear/mount/buff reward for being in a guild, much like WoW does.

I love the leveling speed of F2P, it's kinda slow and painful.. the 5% buff comes in handy.

Being a subscriber actually makes people "finish" the game faster and unsub/go F2P

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I went ahead and reinstalled the game to have a look and see how the population is doing.

I log in and first thing I noticed is that I can no longer hide my helmet (even with preffered status) and that I had to pay 350 (750 even for account wide) cartel coins to UNLOCK a very basic UI feature as something like hiding your helmet!

Are they friggin' serious???

I knew their F2P model is a joke and the worst in the industry, but didn't thought it was THAT extremely bad. But it really is.

I have never uninstalled a game as quickly again as with this one.

As this game, and above all, this company is just beyond any rescue!

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Pretty Sure The Nane Of This Post Was Not Please Whine, Cry, Bitch, And Moan Here. Thats Fine You People Dont Like This Game But Move On Already. It Does Not Matter To You People What They Do You Will Still Cry About It. Its A "Starting Point" . The Pathetic Sad Lives Some People Have Where They Need To Whine And Cry About A Video Game They Dont Play!
  • akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    Pretty Sure The Nane Of This Post Was Not Please Whine, Cry, Bitch, And Moan Here. Thats Fine You People Dont Like This Game But Move On Already. It Does Not Matter To You People What They Do You Will Still Cry About It. Its A "Starting Point" . The Pathetic Sad Lives Some People Have Where They Need To Whine And Cry About A Video Game They Dont Play!

I don't like x, because y is ticking me off, why can't I get abcd free for no reason whatsoever *Insert rant here* .~ Haters

On a more serious note, if you cannot afford a sub-based Mmo, you probably shouldn't be playing mmo's and focussing on your career :0

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by akkedis86

I don't like x, because y is ticking me off, why can't I get abcd free for no reason whatsoever *Insert rant here* .~ Haters

On a more serious note, if you cannot afford a sub-based Mmo, you probably shouldn't be playing mmo's and focussing on your career :0

I have a very good paying job and can easily pay for a sub based MMO.

I just haven't played SW:TOR for a long time and wanted to reinstall and login to check it out.

I find it just absolutely silly that they charge "real" money for such silly things like UI options!

I mean... paying 350 cartel points to hide a headslot per character?

Come on. Even for a F2P game that's just silly. You have to agree on that.

I have never seen a F2P game (even the run of the mill asian ones) start greying out basic UI features and charge money for it! Other then inventory space.

Sorry, but those kind of things are just an instant turn off and says everything about the company and how they try to nicle and dime the playerbase to new extremes!

Has nothing to do with not willing to pay a sub or not.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by akkedis86

I have a very good paying job and can easily pay for a sub based MMO.

I just haven't played SW:TOR for a long time and wanted to reinstall and login to check it out.

I find it just absolutely silly that they charge "real" money for such silly things like UI options!

I mean... paying 350 cartel points to hide a headslot per character?

Come on. Even for a F2P game that's just silly. You have to agree on that.

I have never seen a F2P game (even the run of the mill asian ones) start greying out basic UI features and charge money for it! Other then inventory space.

Sorry, but those kind of things are just an instant turn off and says everything about the company and how they try to nicle and dime the playerbase to new extremes!

Has nothing to do with not willing to pay a sub or not.

don't bother answering to ignorants, you can help a blind person to see but a person who decided to not look can't see no matter how many time you point them at right direction.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187

You're right, an update like ramping xp a whole 5% must have taken months of work for this talented team.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    who cares...
    Originally posted Or jandrsn

You're right, an update like ramping xp a whole 5% must have taken months of work for this talented team.

Well They Sure Cant Keep Up With or Care About All The Little Crying Whining Babies That Just Copy/Paste The Same Crap On Every Single Swtor. It Is A Start . Why Dont You Ignorant Fools Go Make Your Own Perfect Mmo...Oh Wait That Would Take More Effort Than Copy/Paste.
  • jandrsnjandrsn Member Posts: 187
    Ok, guess we should applaude every tiny thing they do as if it was the greatest move ever, like an xp boost or paying their office electric bill. It's not hating to not be amazed every time they make a move. They announce this stuff, that ever mmo has as you say, as if they friggin cured cancer. Getting a bit tiresome.
    Originally posted by jandrsn

Ok, guess we should applaude every tiny thing they do as if it was the greatest move ever, like an xp boost or paying their office electric bill. It's not hating to not be amazed every time they make a move. They announce this stuff, that ever mmo has as you say, as if they friggin cured cancer. Getting a bit tiresome.

I Am Not Applauding Everything They Do But I Am Not Bitc#Ing About Everything They Do Either. This Is A Starting Point Thats All. What Is Wrong With That? The Legacy System Started Out Fairly Simple And They Have Continued To Tweak And Make Improvments .Why Not Give Them Time To Make Improvents On This? Btw Not Every Mmo Has Guild Perks Nice Try Though.
  • mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265

I wish for something better myself, 5% means nothing to me , as I'm in no rush to max out all my characters and quit... I can't wait until they start adding in actually exciting cool features, and I am disappointed with how blizzard did it anyway, wrath of the lich king guild progression sounded a lot more complex and interesting before it released... 

path of the titans? It sounded so cool, and when it released it was just *yawn*. 

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Oh and on a side note, blizzard greatly increased guild rep to insane amounts (380 from turning in a world holiday starter quest run from stormwind to goldshire or doing 1 cooking/fishing daily ins tormwind), and its way to easy for every single alt to be max exalted with your guild now... it actually had taken me several months to get exalted on my main...