Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arcania Gothic 4 or Risen 2

TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

So Im going to buy one of these 2 and I woundeed if any of you that have played them had an opinion on which is better.

ArcaniA – Gothic 4  or  Risen 2 : Dark Waters

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Never played Risen 2 because it was called a bug filled PoS even though the base game had great promise. I did play a friends copy of Gothic 4, while it looked much better than the previous games, it wasnt very good. The story was bland and it was dumbed down beyond belief...if you were wanting to play it because of previous Gothic games...forget it, its nothing like the others and is lacking in all the previous games elements.

I would pass on both personally.

If you are looking for something "different" and old school...try Legend of Grimrock, hard as hell but is a great blast from the past.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Risen 2 is alright now that it's been patched, specifically the combat patch which added dodging like Risen 1. Still a lot of people weren't to impressed with island exploration.

I'd sooner recommend Risen 2 over Arcania easily.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    thanks for the advice guys