Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FAQ for Darkfall Unholy Wars

LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Please have only positive questions here please.

Ok here are my FAQ questions and feel free to add you own:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Q1.  If we pre-order will we be able to download the game prior to release and play 00:01 launch day.

Q2.  When will MMORPG be doing a preview of the game?

Q3.  The Darkfall Unholy Wars website has not updated in a while.  When can we expect to see the "Quick Guide" and "Complete Manual" to be added in the "Features" section?

Q4.  Following Q3, When will the "Character" and "Lore" be added to "The Game" section?

Q5.  Will MMORPG setting up a guild for us to join when we play the game?

Q6.  What can we expect to see post launch in the short term, mid term and long term?

Q7.  What is the recommended time before PVP will be viable in the game for new characters?

Q.8  Are there different types of tools for crafting, example: different tiers of axes for woodcutting?

Q9.  How does the ingame marketplace work?

Q10.  If you store an item in a bank at location X, can you get it from a bank in location Y?

Q11.  Why is food important in the game and is there also drinks (not including potions)?

Q12.  Is cooking a crafting skill?

Q13.  Is jewellery in the game or likely to be added?

Q14.  How long is the day/night cycle?

Q15.  Is there gear to give buffs to certain skills, e.g. Gloves that give Fireball crit + 110%?  Is this likey to be added?

Q16.  On the character creation can you change the height and width of the avatar?

Phew!  Think that is enough for now... I'll add more if any crop up to mind!

Comments

• LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Will the different races have racial stats or is this planned?
  • NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Are people supposed to anwser this?
    I left out the question that start with ''will they add'', no one can anwser those.

Q1.  If we pre-order will we be able to download the game prior to release and play 00:01 launch day.

Yes

Q7.  What is the recommended time before PVP will be viable in the game for new characters?

I always say youre viable when you have your transfers maxed but after a previous update this doesnt even matter so all you need is some gear.

However, DF is about practise. Just keep dying until youre good.

Q.8  Are there different types of tools for crafting, example: different tiers of axes for woodcutting?

No

Q9.  How does the ingame marketplace work?

Its not in

Q10.  If you store an item in a bank at location X, can you get it from a bank in location Y?

Yes

Q11.  Why is food important in the game and is there also drinks (not including potions)?

Food gives natural regeneration.

What do you mean with drinks?

Q12.  Is cooking a crafting skill?

Yes

Q13.  Is jewellery in the game or likely to be added?

No and I hope so.

Q15.  Is there gear to give buffs to certain skills, e.g. Gloves that give Fireball crit + 110%?  Is this likey to be added?

No

Q16.  On the character creation can you change the height and width of the avatar?

No, all characters have the same height.

• LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Thanks for the answers.

Food and Drinks are usually for regenerating stats, but usually drinks are for mana regen or stamina.  Is it that food covers health, stamina and mana?

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Q: is there going to be a wipe of charactersz between beta & launch, or are the beta toons going to carry over? If I preoder id like to know this; if there is going to be a wipe I would try in beta a role that I don't want to try in. The live game....

Thx

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by itchmon
    Q: is there going to be a wipe of charactersz between beta & launch, or are the beta toons going to carry over? If I preoder id like to know this; if there is going to be a wipe I would try in beta a role that I don't want to try in. The live game....

Thx

There will be a wipe.

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    everything is whiped on launch. fresh start
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    thanks both for your response.  i dont like to play the same thign in beta that i do when a game launches.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by Lipstickpaddy

Thanks for the answers.

Food and Drinks are usually for regenerating stats, but usually drinks are for mana regen or stamina.  Is it that food covers health, stamina and mana?

It covers all of these.

I want to add that higher quality food made by the cook profession does not make you regen more, it just lasts longer.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Lipstickpaddy

It depends on the type of 'bank'. For instance, localized banking is in the game via player housing.