Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Identity Crisis

1131415161719»

Comments

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Tuktz
    By grabthar's hammer, what are you all even going on about any more? de-railed much? ;-)

+1 for Galaxy Quest reference. image

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

If he states that creating polls are pointless, why would you ask him to make one?

Nan's entire approach from the get-go has been to deconstruct and critique.

I haven't read any significant constructive suggestion from him during this whole debate - just 'it cannot be done' (proven wrong), it 'shouldn't be done' (unsupported with a cohesive argument as to why) and 'it will ruin the 3-way factional pvp' (refuted by a number of posters - all of their reasoned arguments then unaddressed).

The argument Nan uses is in my opinion similar to sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting 'la la la'.

I would LOVE him to prove me wrong by coming up with a constructive contribution, defining his point of view and the testing it in the court of online opinion.

But he doesn't - and as one person on these forums makes hillariously clear in his signature quote - can contradict himself mid-stride.

It's ever so easy to say 'I don't believe in polls; I don't represent anyone; I stand for nothing - but I'm right anyway' - and then cyberstalk any argument to the contrary.

Much harder to openly stand for something, lay out your stall in it's entirety and then defend your position.

But he doesn't do it does he...

Wrong and lies again. I started a thread on options on how to let people explore everywhere without breaking the 3 factions, look HERE. I have made suggestions on how there could be more races. I am all for change as long as it does not break the core model of the game. You on the other hand, sorry my mom taught me to say nothing at all.

A single idea is an illustration of your entire position is it?

Please...

You said categorically any change to the model they suggested would be impossible - too much code already written etc. Would ruin the game etc. and how we suggesting it needed to change couldn't possibly know better than the people making the game about the practicalities of doing it

Zenimax have stated they are going to change the game to accomodate what you argued endlessly against.

Zenimax think it can be done -and have come up with a cracking idea.

In short - Zenimax demonstrated that you were wrong.

So much for 'wrong and lies again'. Why don't you finally fess up and admit you got it spectactulary wrong? - if you can't define what you stand for anyway.

Of course if you already have admitted it - they give me a useful link in your next post - to that admission...

Or would you like to morph your position once again and claim Zenimax 'couldn't possibly know better than' you!?

THAT is my problem with your position - it changes like a chameleon to suit the immediate environment - and it would appear that you move on from such changes without so much as a backwards glance or a nod to those who ended up on the right side of the argument you feel the need to rapidly put behind you.

So how the hell is anyone meant to know what you stand for when this is apparently your entire MO?

Please do prove me wrong with some backdated stuff I missed - I'd applaud...

Originally posted by Tuktz
    By grabthar's hammer, what are you all even going on about any more? de-railed much? ;-)

Very good! :)

I commented ages ago about the irony of certain posters efforts keeping my thread alive despite themselves - I guess they didn't get it.

"The thread materialised inside out..................... and exploded!"

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

If he states that creating polls are pointless, why would you ask him to make one?

I haven't read any significant constructive suggestion from him during this whole debate - just 'it cannot be done' (proven wrong), it 'shouldn't be done' (unsupported with a cohesive argument as to why) and 'it will ruin the 3-way factional pvp' (refuted by a number of posters - all of their reasoned arguments then unaddressed).

The argument Nan uses is in my opinion similar to sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting 'la la la'.

I would LOVE him to prove me wrong by coming up with a constructive contribution, defining his point of view and the testing it in the court of online opinion.

But he doesn't - and as one person on these forums makes hillariously clear in his signature quote - can contradict himself mid-stride.

It's ever so easy to say 'I don't believe in polls; I don't represent anyone; I stand for nothing - but I'm right anyway' - and then cyberstalk any argument to the contrary.

Much harder to openly stand for something, lay out your stall in it's entirety and then defend your position.

Wrong and lies again. I started a thread on options on how to let people explore everywhere without breaking the 3 factions, look HERE. I have made suggestions on how there could be more races. I am all for change as long as it does not break the core model of the game. You on the other hand, sorry my mom taught me to say nothing at all.

Please...

You said categorically any change to the model they suggested would be impossible - too much code already written etc. Would ruin the game etc. and how we suggesting it needed to change couldn't possibly know better than the people making the game about the practicalities of doing it

Zenimax have stated they are going to change the game to accomodate what you argued endlessly against.

So much for 'wrong and lies again'. Why don't you finally fess up and admit you got it spectactulary wrong? - if you can't define what you stand for anyway.

Of course if you already have admitted it - they give me a useful link in your next post - to that admission...

Or would you like to morph your position once again and claim Zenimax 'couldn't possibly know better than' you!?

THAT is my problem with your position - it changes like a chameleon to suit the immediate environment - and it would appear that you move on from such changes without so much as a backwards glance or a nod to those who ended up on the right side of the argument you feel the need to rapidly put behind you.

So how the hell is anyone meant to know what you stand for when this is apparently your entire MO?

I already provided you a link. Why would I bother with anything more? Your not worth more of my time.

Please...

I already provided you a link. Why would I bother with anything more? Your not worth more of my time.

Better to be break off than admit you got it wrong eh Nan?

Didn't need my crystal ball to see that one coming...

If you don't have the cojones to publically admit when your arguments are proven to be dross - then I would argue you don't have the slightest right to call other people liars, even less to have your posts taken seriously.

Please...

Better to stop posting to my reply that are drivel and insulting eh Nan?

When I look in my crystal ball to see that all i do is taunt and insult because its easier then seeing other peoples sides of an argument. Seeing you did so in that link only show how I have come up wanting and fallen short.

I don't have the cojones to publically admit my arguments are proven to only to stir the pot - then I would argue just for the fun of trashing others even if the only way to do so is to  lie, what else am I to do when I have no leg to stand on.

fixed

When I look in my crystal ball to see that all i do is taunt and insult because its easier then seeing other peoples sides of an argument. Seeing you did so in that link only show how I have come up wanting and fallen short.

I don't have the cojones to publically admit my arguments are proven to only to stir the pot - then I would argue just for the fun of trashing others even if the only way to do so is to  lie, what else am I to do when I have no leg to stand on.

fixed

My thanks for illustrating more clearly than I could ever have done the way you approach these forums.

Changing other people posts to suit yourself, and then criticising or insulting those whose words you have changed the meaning of.

I have to say I never thought you to do it so literally... one of your usual badly constructed obfuscations was what I was expecting to see.

Nice to see the mask slip so clearly...

On the repeated liar accusations - I suggest you read the thread involved again - I have made it clear that the reference in question was an unintended imprecision - and meant all those TES fans posting critically on the issue. The error of a rushed post.

Taking the position that imprecision in language should constitute evidence of deliberate falsehood is, to put it mildly, a little rich coming from you - whose posts are frequently imprecise. No-one, including myself have accused you of being a liar because of any grammatical or contextual mistakes - I would 'expect' the same courtesy...

However - as you have resorted to insults I feel justified in ignoring you from now on, and leave you the space here to have the last dayglow word...

...make it good...

fixed

My thanks for illustrating more clearly than I could ever have done the way you approach these forums.

Changing other people posts to suit yourself, and then criticising or insulting those whose words you have changed the meaning of.

I have to say I never thought you to do it so literally... one of your usual badly constructed obfuscations was what I was expecting to see.

Nice to see the mask slip so clearly...

On the repeated liar accusations - I suggest you read the thread involved again - I have made it clear that the reference in question was an unintended imprecision - and meant all those TES fans posting critically on the issue. The error of a rushed post.

Taking the position that imprecision in language should constitute evidence of deliberate falsehood is, to put it mildly, a little rich coming from you - whose posts are frequently imprecise. No-one, including myself have accused you of being a liar because of any grammatical or contextual mistakes - I would 'expect' the same courtesy...

However - as you have resorted to insults I feel justified in ignoring you from now on, and leave you the space here to have the last dayglow word...

...make it good...

Courtesy is not a word I would think of when it comes to your posts. Its agree with you or be called stupid. You have been called out on that many times. As for ignoring my posts, the day just got brighter. I will mark down this day and wait for the day you break this post and click reply to my post lol

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Courtesy is not a word I would think of when it comes to your posts. Its agree with you or be called stupid. You have been called out on that many times. As for ignoring my posts, the day just got brighter. I will mark down this day and wait for the day you break this post and click reply to my post lol

Hey Kettle, long time no see.

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Ahh Caliburn101 side kick, hater of this game. Here to tell us more of why you wont play this game and how much you hate it?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I don't understand. Are you the pot or are you a pot-fan who speaks on behalf of the pot? Is your message sanctioned by the pot?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Ahh Caliburn101 side kick, hater of this game. Here to tell us more of why you wont play this game and how much you hate it?

lol for using the term sidekick simply because I point out how hypocritical you were in your post without making any comment about the contents of either post

And stop with the broken record about being a hater simply because I dislike their design choice to faction lock races...but hey, I am winning because slowly the game is becoming what I want not what you want...is that the kind of childish level you were aiming for in my reply...

Originally posted by Iselin

I don't understand. Are you the pot or are you a pot-fan who speaks on behalf of the pot? Is your message sanctioned by the pot?

If I have to explain...

lol for using the term sidekick simply because I point out how hypocritical you were in your post without making any comment about the contents of either post

And stop with the broken record about being a hater simply because I dislike their design choice to faction lock races...but hey, I am winning because slowly the game is becoming what I want not what you want...is that the kind of childish level you were aiming for in my reply...

The compermise they did with ESO is right in line with the suggestion I made. One that let players go everywhere but did not break what makes the DAoC model work so well. Its still the same game. Im happy with it.

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103

The compermise they did with ESO is right in line with the suggestion I made. One that let players go everywhere but did not break what makes the DAoC model work so well. Its still the same game. Im happy with it.

Would it really bother you so much if they would give people the option to quest and chat cross faction? All in special instances of course, or special "servers" specifically tailored for that. The PvE and PvP is already completely seperated, so how does the inclusion of co-op style gameplay diminish PvP?

Personally I wouldnt be bothered by it in the least. I could finally play with my friends and quest together in all of Tamriel, and when I feel like it go to Cyrodill for some PvP action. Would be great if I could also choose what faction I suppose, but if they give me the chance to ingore that faction forcing in the PvE part i can live with it in the PvP area.

Originally posted by Anakami

Would it really bother you so much if they would give people the option to quest and chat cross faction? All in special instances of course, or special "servers" specifically tailored for that. The PvE and PvP is already completely seperated, so how does the inclusion of co-op style gameplay diminish PvP?

Personally I wouldnt be bothered by it in the least. I could finally play with my friends and quest together in all of Tamriel, and when I feel like it go to Cyrodill for some PvP action. Would be great if I could also choose what faction I suppose, but if they give me the chance to ingore that faction forcing in the PvE part i can live with it in the PvP area.

Red is dead, I hate you and all your faction stands for. Really brings something to the AvA map. Its old school but some times there is something to retro thats worth keeping. DAoC is not the only game to have faction pride but in 14 years of MMOing I have never seen in done better. Also if you can hang out with and talk to players from the other factions you will have more people spying. It will happen anyways but the harder it is for you to be able to talk to the other faction, the harder it is for someone to cheat. RL is filled with cheating and things not being fair. I personally think video games should be fair but thats just me. Why I like the fact there will be no PvP gear in this game. If I get my butt kicked in PvP, I wana know its because the other guy was better.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Sorry Nan I disagree with you, I think this bastardization of the original precepts will make the AvA game much worse off in the long run.  It now becomes nothing more then a glorified PvP persistent battleground with none of the developmental systems in place to enforce the things that made DAoC's RvR so good.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

Sorry Nan I disagree with you, I think this bastardization of the original precepts will make the AvA game much worse off in the long run.  It now becomes nothing more then a glorified PvP persistent battleground with none of the developmental systems in place to enforce the things that made DAoC's RvR so good.

How so? You wont be teaming and hanging out with the players from the other factions?

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103

Red is dead, I hate you and all your faction stands for. Really brings something to the AvA map. Its old school but some times there is something to retro thats worth keeping. DAoC is not the only game to have faction pride but in 14 years of MMOing I have never seen in done better. Also if you can hang out with and talk to players from the other factions you will have more people spying. It will happen anyways but the harder it is for you to be able to talk to the other faction, the harder it is for someone to cheat. RL is filled with cheating and things not being fair. I personally think video games should be fair but thats just me. Why I like the fact there will be no PvP gear in this game. If I get my butt kicked in PvP, I wana know its because the other guy was better.

Well, I don't want to hate anyone and it really does not enhance my PvP experience. I PvP because I like to PvP. that's all the incentive I need but that's just a personal thing of course.

Also, the spying concern really isn't much of an issue. With their campaign system you could have 100 people playing int he same PvE zone, and all 100 of them could be in different campaigns. How about you have faction pride because you believe in the cause of that faction? Not because the game tells you you have to like it because you picked a certain race.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

How so? You wont be teaming and hanging out with the players from the other factions?

Actually yes you can, you can even guild with them.  They aren't making this as well known but if your friends or guilded with somone from the opposite faction then anytime you go in the 50+ and 50++ zones you can group with them.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Well, I don't want to hate anyone and it really does not enhance my PvP experience. I PvP because I like to PvP. that's all the incentive I need but that's just a personal thing of course.

Also, the spying concern really isn't much of an issue. With their campaign system you could have 100 people playing int he same PvE zone, and all 100 of them could be in different campaigns. How about you have faction pride because you believe in the cause of that faction? Not because the game tells you you have to like it because you picked a certain race.

Sure, that could work to im sure but as I said, in 14 years of MMOing no MMO has done faction pride better then DAoC. Its the standard MMOs are compared to again for faction pride and 3 faction PvP. Its the gold standard. 

Actually yes you can, you can even guild with them.  They aren't making this as well known but if your friends or guilded with somone from the opposite faction then anytime you go in the 50+ and 50++ zones you can group with them.

No, that info when we first got this said so. But very shortly after that we got 2 interviews say very clearly you could not team with the other factions. Only people you will see in the 50+ and 50++ zones are people from your faction who have earned the right to be there. Unless something new has come out at PAX?