Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar want to do anything but WOW

13»

Comments

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Originally posted by Zapzap
    Originally posted by jesteralways
     how many games before wow used ! to show POI or to show quest givers? .

Basically none.  AC2 used some quest markers and had some quest directed gameplay but nowhere near to the extent of WoW.  Not to mention no one played AC2.  WoW was the first quest directed MMO ...

Diablo 2 (released in 2000) is offended.

As far as 'WoW' being the first 'quest directed' MMO - I have no idea where you got that from. 

If you had played MMOs prior to 2004 you might have an idea.  Before WoW level progression was by killing monstewrs not quests.  Many games had a few quests per level.  For example DAOC let you do a few task quests per level but almost the entire the leve (90-99% of your level)l was by grinding mobs.  WoW was the first MMO to have its leveling progression directed by quests from quest hub to quest hub with all leveling being done by quests which is what every MMO has copied since and yes they have copied WoW's quest markers.  AC2 used some quest directed but not to the extent of WoW and no one played the game. 

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

I've got to say, it really is funny watching people try so hard to convinve the masses against what is so plainly obvious - the game looks and seems very much like WOW.  Just stop with all the little intricate details of how this or that is different because of this or that  reason, or the "every mmo is all the same deep down" because of this or that reason.   Just stop.  Any 5 year old could see how similar the two games are, much more than most mmo's are similar to each other.  And while you may be able to convince yourselves of their vastly distinct differences, you likely aren't convincing anyone else. 

And having said all of that, it still is a game that looks fun and I will likely enjoy, even though I do think it's wow 2.0.  Minus the 40 man raids, at least for me, it sounds fun.  But I can like something, want to play something, and still not have to defend it with my life.  And I can say this game does indeed look like wow, and seem to be very similar to it, and still say I want to play it.