Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% new to EQ

darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146

Got the game downloading, I am as the title says 100% new..

so I take it I can pay 14.99 and unlock everything, which I might do, however I have no idea on what sever or what race and class to play.

I just got done playing rift, i was a thief, so I'd like something maybe not like that..  I'm looking for a fun pve class, if you feel like chatting about eq2 while my game is downloading I'm on skype as Locqlynn, text only please, or here is just fine :)

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

you probably wont feel many restrictions until you are level 60+

the biggest difference subbing made for me (while leveling) is being able to move the AA slider

Freeport or Antonia Bayle are popular servers

• darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
    AA slider?

i'm 100% set on a mage class, I'm thinking a pet class would be fun, never really did one

I'm really looking just to be a pve monster, a pure death cannon, if there is such a class

I have no idea about race or anything like that, I'm slowly reading up on the forums

all advice is welcome! :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by darnapkin
    AA slider?

Yep the AA slider is important,especially at lower levels.

If your not going to pay,then yo uwil lstruggle in any dungeon,until you can max out the level gap and still get drops.

Personally the game is not fun at all if you play for free,but it does give yo ua complete understanding of the game as a f2p player.

I am not so sure how the whole content thing works as far as xpansions.What i mean is ,i am not sure if yo uget all the content from previous xpacs or not,example the Mercs 0r the crafting npc's.If you do then the mercs are awesome,then yo ucan do cotnent as a free player.

I guess if you had a choice,i would buy that xpac just for the mercs,you won't need anything else for quite some time.However remember,you can't wear the Legendary/Fabled gear ,so most any good drop is useless,just vendor sales.

SOE actually used to screw up,you could unlock on the fly for 25 sc,that was actually cheaper than paying 150 for 5 unlocks lol.However now i noticed they fixed it,costs 35 per one or the 150 for 5.

BTW ...FREEPORT is the best server because your more likely to mingle with tons fo f2p if that is your gig and yet still has lots of p2p players.

Oh one other important thing to mention....

If your PC can handle two clients at same time,i would make two accounts.That way you can make one a healer,one a tank or dps,depending if yo ucan use mercs.I play 3 accounts,i like to add a Dirge for certain buffs and speed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

mercs require buying the Age of Discovery expansion

otherwise, ftp players have access to all content  1-90

- except Velious (86-92) and Chains of Eternity  (92-95)

when you login

type /claim in the chat window - plenty of fluff and odds/ends

39.99 for that????   thats a bit of money
  • VymmVymm Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by darnapkin
    39.99 for that????   thats a bit of money

He/She may use one paid account and two free acounts to level.  I know a good deal of people do this to bolster their main account when leveling up.  And then they have the option to pay for the accounts when/if they decide they want.

Vymm