Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: Super Adventure Box Zone 1,2,3 Zelda anyone?

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Farming the Box

I wanted to show a little how you can farm the Super Adventure Box. In this case I wanted to get the whip,so I went about farming all the area's of zone 1 and 2.

====================================================================================

Zone 1,  Zone 2,   Zone 3

Well I admit I was like this isn't real I'm not getting trolled first thing in the morning. But then I logged into the game and got the email. I still was like yea right F U arena net. Then I went to Rata Sum and was like wtf this is real lol? Went inside and was shocked they went this far. I think it's beyond awesome to have it in game Zelda/Minecraft/Mario action to break things up. Anyway as I complete the zones I'll put it up. 

At any rate it's rather hilarious so if you haven't gone in yet here's what I went through. And I'm recommending you actually do it yourself it's funny as hell.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Gotta love the bunny tornados!..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Yea I was like wtf it's too early in the morning for this lol.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    The joke is that they weren't joking. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Love the whole idea - A.Net hit it out of the park with this silly patch.

I still want the commando class lol..........from last year.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    I can't find where to go in Zone 3.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Someone's getting a raise at Anet.  
    Yes agreed, who ever came up with the idea to do this should get some credit.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Homitu
    Someone's getting a raise at Anet.  

And it's one of those raises you deserve, not by running over colleagues!

Truly very nice imo.

So it's just three zones and two ranges of difficulties?
  • KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

Actually there is beginning of fourth zone already. But yeah in a nutshell. As for dificulty modes it's "very easy and normal" rather then "normal and hard".

Also having blast with this patch :) I especially love how they left us our own character, they didn't pixelated them. It feels so fun to run with your "life form" in this 8bit style world :) I hope they expand on this idea and add new levels as time goes by.

This will actually be very nice for completionists. There seems to be tons of hidden stuff everywhere.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

The most funny part of it all was, that I didn't read anything about it before cause I didn't follow the news lately.

So I logged in, hear the midi music at the character selection and the first thing I thought was "Huch? My soundcard or settings are acting up? Never had such a issue?".

So I'm checking my settings and they are fine, trying out other stuff, everything good, login back into GW2 and the midi music starts again. :p

So I thought "OH you litle bitches! You got me this time" :p

Then I went to the super adventure box (saw the message on the right side of the screen), saw the chests, music and stuff and was like" it can't be).

Then I'm going in with my party and we were all looking with wide eyes into the "old graphics" from back then, memories flooding my head, thinking "Awesome!". :)

Really couldn't believe it and immediately fell in love with it.

Too bad that it's limited, I wish it would stay as one of the "mini games" the game offers.

On the other hand though, it won't be as special anymore so I understand why its for a limited time only.

• taoareyoutaoareyou Member Posts: 1

This content is only for the month of April, so if you want to get all the achievements and special skins, stay on top of it!  The super weapon skins can be sold on the trading post as well, so imagine what you can get for say a Super Greatsword skin in three months or even six months.  :)

Also, the character that created the adventure box, an Asura named Moto is an homage to Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and many other great games.

I added a fourth video on farming and GW2 affairs.
    You know they tried to nerf it right?
    Yea they nerfed part of it. But the core use of how you get spheres remains. You just can't do the half board spamming anymore. I never told anyone to do that in the first place lol....
  • PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40
    I like this Super Adventure box of Gw2.  :) 

Get all you can out of it. It will be gone in two weeks maybe sooner with the next patch coming.
    Don't forget time is winding down on this. I was hoping for more levels sigh :(
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    wow these still in the game?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    wow these still in the game?

yup, get all the baubles you want since it ends fairly soon :( April 30 is the last day.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2