Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is Everyone? My Server Says "Very High" Population but...

2»

Comments

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Most players are in SAB and WvW, then there are groups that just wait for zone boss spawns. There is always crowd in Wyafarer waiting for Maw and a ton of people in Queensdale running between Troll, Qak and Behemoth, at peak times I see frostgorge going into voerflow when peopel gather for Claw, possibly similar with other big boss spawns. That's at least how it look on my server (med pop) 

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Originally posted by NaMeNaMe

You realise that "Very High" Is actually Accounts made ( Accounts that have that server as their home server). Not how many people playing at one time. 

So Very High doesn't mean there is a near full amount of people playing on the server at one time, but how many accounts there are on that server. Counting both inactive and active accounts. A "High" Server could have half of it's players inactive. 

Actually it does take into account people playing since it fluctuates on servers depending on the hour of the day.

As for where everyone is, check Rata Sum around the SAB box, wayfarer foothills or diessa plateau that's where the living story is happening now (at least on Yak's Bend it's not uncommon for those two areas to get overflow), queensdale (human starter area) specially on the swamp where the shadow behemoth spawns.

Personally, playing on Yak's Bend at least, around 9 to 12 pm venezuelan time during the week, I have seen LA less populated than. saw, late last year, but I've also seen the rest of the world much more populated. I guess it makes sense considering that back then the big thing that was added was the fractals, and you had to be on LA to do them.

Actually your both wrong :S IT's already been stated by a person of the Anet team that it's based off account made on the server, I can get the actual quote to show you. 

If you can find a dev or someone official saying otherwise then i'll believe that, but if u both say well off my own experience or other peoples then your both wrong. The Anet team have already made it clear what "Very High" means and the fluctuations are people transfering, people deactivaing and new accounts. The flucuations are Guilds moving due to WvWvW if you pay attention to the WvWvW Forums on the official site you would see this. 

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

You realise that "Very High" Is actually Accounts made ( Accounts that have that server as their home server). Not how many people playing at one time. 

So Very High doesn't mean there is a near full amount of people playing on the server at one time, but how many accounts there are on that server. Counting both inactive and active accounts. A "High" Server could have half of it's players inactive. 

Actually it does take into account people playing since it fluctuates on servers depending on the hour of the day.

As for where everyone is, check Rata Sum around the SAB box, wayfarer foothills or diessa plateau that's where the living story is happening now (at least on Yak's Bend it's not uncommon for those two areas to get overflow), queensdale (human starter area) specially on the swamp where the shadow behemoth spawns.

Personally, playing on Yak's Bend at least, around 9 to 12 pm venezuelan time during the week, I have seen LA less populated than. saw, late last year, but I've also seen the rest of the world much more populated. I guess it makes sense considering that back then the big thing that was added was the fractals, and you had to be on LA to do them.

Actually your both wrong :S IT's already been stated by a person of the Anet team that it's based off account made on the server, I can get the actual quote to show you. 

If you can find a dev or someone official saying otherwise then i'll believe that, but if u both say well off my own experience or other peoples then your both wrong. The Anet team have already made it clear what "Very High" means and the fluctuations are people transfering, people deactivaing and new accounts. The flucuations are Guilds moving due to WvWvW if you pay attention to the WvWvW Forums on the official site you would see this. 

Please do.....I haven't seen the statement from the Anet team  

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

GW2 is not a a levelling game. It gives the possibility to multy task. One server big on WvW other on arena PvP. And so on...

GW2 is top of community base games withing the mmo market at the moment. Only problem is finding the right community for your activity.

Originally posted by Bad.dog

Here's the link to the thread where a member of the Anet team replied. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Server-Populations/first

Here's a copy and paste of what they said.

Hello everyone.

Connor, when you see a server FULL means that the people who’ve chosen that server as theirs, or players who have moved to that particular server, have reached the cap, independently of where did they create their accounts.

Answering to your second question: no, there is no chart that shows that kind of information at the moment, I am afraid. image

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Here's the link to the thread where a member of the Anet team replied. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Server-Populations/first

Here's a copy and paste of what they said.

Hello everyone.

Connor, when you see a server FULL means that the people who’ve chosen that server as theirs, or players who have moved to that particular server, have reached the cap, independently of where did they create their accounts.

Answering to your second question: no, there is no chart that shows that kind of information at the moment, I am afraid. image

Actually it say's the amount of accounts on a server ....I don't imagin there is anywhere near as many moving now that free transfers are over but 4 months ago when this post was made indeed wvwvw server skipping was an issue

Account = home server. 

As unlike other games, where you can just swap server and have different characters on different servers, in GW2 you can only have  5 (base amount) characters on one account at a time, so whatever server you move to those characters will follow. Your getting confused home server = home account the amount of people on a server has a cap and the cap has been raised twice i think since launch. It has nothing to do with active players playing at all.