Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming mice

bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

My Deathadder is starting to fail.  I'm wondering if anyone here knowledgable has suggestions for a good gaming mouse that is made for big hands.  The mouse I have I always wished was just a trifle bigger.  I play all sorts of games, including FPS so a mouse that is precise concerning twitch movements would be great. 

Thanks!

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Logitech MX518 gaming mouse.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    For FPS and larger hands I'm a fan of the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 or 9.  Though for MMORPG's I tend to stick with my Logitech G600.
  • ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by waynejr2

logitech mx518 is a fuckin hall of fame legend.. loved it so much I bought 4 of them like 6 years ago. Im really rough on my gaming mice and im on the last one of them now. So I've started buying the successor to the mx518... the g400. and its even better.

Doubt you will find a mx518 on the store shelves so buy the G400 and be very happy.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Thanks :)  I had an MX510 for years and i liked it way back when so I am a fan of the brand.
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by ElectricWizard

logitech mx518 is a fuckin hall of fame legend.. loved it so much I bought 4 of them like 6 years ago. Im really rough on my gaming mice and im on the last one of them now. So I've started buying the successor to the mx518... the g400. and its even better.

Doubt you will find a mx518 on the store shelves so buy the G400 and be very happy.

I have a deathadder, G500 and G400. I find the G400 perfect for me, the deathadder was alright and the G500 imo just sucks for me.

I bought 4x G400 couple weeks ago.. amazon had em for $20. Great mouse, feels like a more quality product than the G500/deathadder.

Can you say why the G500 just sucks for you?  I was just looking at it and it looks like a nice fit.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I have a deathadder, G500 and G400. I find the G400 perfect for me, the deathadder was alright and the G500 imo just sucks for me.

I bought 4x G400 couple weeks ago.. amazon had em for $20. Great mouse, feels like a more quality product than the G500/deathadder.

$20 sweet deal!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I've been using the Logitech g400 and it's precursor and were happy with them. I switched to a steelseries Sensei and I prefer it. It's big and designed for the clawgrip, which is better when playing TF 2 and other shooters.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by bliss14

My Deathadder is starting to fail.  I'm wondering if anyone here knowledgable has suggestions for a good gaming mouse that is made for big hands.  The mouse I have I always wished was just a trifle bigger.  I play all sorts of games, including FPS so a mouse that is precise concerning twitch movements would be great. 

Thanks!

If you play mainly FPS and action games I'd suggest the Razer Hex.

I have big hands and this works for me. 

With that said though it also depends on how you hold your mouse. I am more comfortable with a claw grip. 

Claw Grip 

Palm Grip 

Fingertip Grip

The types of games you play, the size of your hands, the type of grip you are more comfortable with, and personal prefference all play a big factor in choosing a mouse.  

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I actually use a Logitech G300 and I love it.

I absolutely hate mice with side buttons so it's perfect for me personally. Very comfortable for my large hands and all of the buttons are fingertip accessable. It even has 3 programmable profiles you can switch on the fly with a button on the mouse. I have one set for desktop, one for RPG type games and another for FPS.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Thanks!

With that said though it also depends on how you hold your mouse. I am more comfortable with a claw grip. 

Claw Grip 

Palm Grip 

Fingertip Grip

The types of games you play, the size of your hands, the type of grip you are more comfortable with, and personal prefference all play a big factor in choosing a mouse.  

Come to think of it I guess I am a fingertip gripper. 

Doesn't anyone use those trackball mice?
  • jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/26-249-107-TS?$S300W$ 

This is my favorite gaming mouse. I havent played WOW in years, but I use it for any PC games  I play because of ease of use and locations of buttons. I have a big hand , and it fits just perfectly. newegg.com is selling refurbished ones with an option of a warranty for like 5 dollars more if they break. Well worth the money. I think the refurbished ones are $39.99, but dont quote me.

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47

When compared to these overpriced marketing bullshit crap from Razer, 20$ for the G400 is incredible. I love the palm fit.. rests perfectly into my hand, causing no exertion over long periods of gaming. My wrists are NEVER sore and i game more than I should. 8 buttons, great DPI, tracks flawlessly, nice software. I LoVE the placement of the buttons and it takes the daily grind of FPS pounding like a champ. oh, and its optical - which i prefer over laser because of its compatibility to simple mousepads.

i shouldnt call the Razer products crap - they arent. But are they ridiculously overpriced? fuck yes.  And if anyone tells you that insane high DPI equates to mouse precision? laugh at them. Alot of pro FPS players I've communicated with, set their DPI around 800-1500.. and one super good BF3 streamer told me that he likes it around 300-600.

20$ for the logitech g400 is a steal.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Logitech G300

6 (+3 standards) keys - fully programmable.

High DPI. Recognizes running game.

Perfect for GW2 !

Only downside - no thumb button (hope they make same mouse with thumb buttons :( )

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Logitech G300

6 (+3 standards) keys - fully programmable.

High DPI. Recognizes running game.

Perfect for GW2 !

Only downside - no thumb button (hope they make same mouse with thumb buttons :( )

Another thing I like about the G300 is it's completely symetrical. I'm ambidextrous and my youngest son is left handed so it's perfect. He can use it left handed and so can I when I need my right hand to write (I can write left handed too but I have much more practice with my right). If you're a leftie of have someone who uses your computer that is this is the gaming mouse of choice!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Thanks!

Claw Grip 

Palm Grip 

Fingertip Grip

Come to think of it I guess I am a fingertip gripper. 

If you are a fingertip grip type of gamer then you actually want to skip the recomendations made by me and others so far :P 

Fingertip grip gamers get a better range of motion with smaller mouses. Even if you have large hands you will want a smaller mouse. The reason for that is that most fingertip grip players leave the palm of their hand stationary and move the mouse with their fingertips. Smaller mouses leave room between the mouse and your palm for a better range of motion. The smaller mouse also reduces fatigue for fingertip grip gamers since you are having to adjust your palm and grip less often. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Not an endorsement, just information: The Roccat Kone is a large mouse.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Cyborg R.A.Ts are pretty good,but those tiny plastic thumb buttons HP is pretty low.

Let's internet

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Brenelael

I absolutely hate mice with side buttons so it's perfect for me personally. Very comfortable for my large hands and all of the buttons are fingertip accessable. It even has 3 programmable profiles you can switch on the fly with a button on the mouse. I have one set for desktop, one for RPG type games and another for FPS.

Bren

^ This

I got sick of Razer and their crappy non-working drivers and gave the 300 a shot on a whim. It's the best gaming mouse I've ever had, love the thing. What a steal on the price too!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Zekiah

Bren

^ This

I got sick of Razer and their crappy non-working drivers and gave the 300 a shot on a whim. It's the best gaming mouse I've ever had, love the thing. What a steal on the price too!

It's not a bad mouse, but its more for a palm style grip for medium to large sized hands. You can do a claw grip with it as well but a fingertip grip user will get fatigued faster. 

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Bren

^ This

It's not a bad mouse, but its more for a palm style grip for medium to large sized hands. You can do a claw grip with it as well but a fingertip grip user will get fatigued faster. 

I play for extended hours a session and have never had a problem with fatigue, and I use all four macro buttons.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Bren

^ This

I play for extended hours a session and have never had a problem with fatigue, and I use all four macro buttons.

Sorry, you didn't specify that you also used a fingertip grip. The size of the mouse and the weight make it a fact that it will increase fatigue for fingertip grip users, a smaller mouse lighter mouse tends to be better for fingertip grip users which is why I made the statement I made.