Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Server and Guilds

As an SWG Vet refugee, forced out of the future by the Dark Forces of Darth SOE and not liking the look of WoW, EQ etc. I have decide with a couple of ex-SWG guildees to take a good look at DAoC.  From what I have read albeit briefly, it looks the kind of game I really would enjoy.  I have downloaded the 14 day trials to start with and will sign on tomorrow hopefully.

I am looking for information on the names for a good DAoC Euopean Server and also some Player Guild names on that server.  Initially, my thoughts are looking towards Albion but am interested in player guilds as was very active in my SWG Guild.

PIR

The art of using troops is to remember it is not always the big army that wins the battle, it is the good one.

Comments

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

First of: there are 2 english servers - Excalibur and Prydwen.
    From these two Excalibur is better populated, so it might be the best for you to choose this one.
    As for Albion - its certainly not the easiest realm to start with because it is a bit more difficult to build balanced groups in albion. However, if you want to play albion, go for it.
    You should probably not start to search for a guild directly in the beginning. Every character starts in a so called "newbie" guild which is a good thing to start with. Here you will find other players in your level range to group with. Ater you have decided whether or not you like the game and probably already have reached lvl 30+ you can start looking for a "serious" guild.

DAoC is very different from SWG. Its a great - if not THE greatest - PvP game on he market. And you will soon find out if this type of gameply is your cup of tea or not. (the first populated battlegrounds start at level 20). There is no real player economy to speak of, no real payer housing - but the engine is much faster, looks descent and the pvp part of the game is extremly fun. With the catacombs expansion even PVE became fun, actually.

However, a word of caution here - this game is extremly time consuming. If you want anything to get done, it can take hours. You probably have already heard of Trials of Atlantis, This expansion is a must (should be included if you buy the game) if you want to be competible in th "final" PvP. And it will take you weeks and months to get it done. Time that you will spend campnig spots, farming items or being bored to deah on large dungeon raids. On December the 8th they will release a new server type without this expansion. So you should probably try out the game until then and start over on the new "classic" server. Will also be easier to level there because everyone will start from lvl 1 (on the current servers every player wth a lvl 50 toon can start a new character with lvl 20 - meaning that it will feel a bit lonely on the first 20 levels)
    So good luck with DAoC!
    If you need any advise on which class you should play and how to distribute the skill points feel free to ask ^^

• PIRelliPIRelli Member Posts: 2

Many Thanks for the advice and will take it on board. I

I am used to a bit of girinding and the odd bit of boredom played SWG for 2years! LOL. I look forward to a challenge and hopefully will enjoy this game.

PIR

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Just an FYI make sure you download the EU trial. The trial on this site only works with the US servers and since you want to play during EU times then you should download their trial and use it if you haven't already.