Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there not more hype about this game?

13»

Comments

• DonpoohbearDonpoohbear Member UncommonPosts: 85
    im really glad its not over hyped   . hype seems to be the killer of alot of mmo's bc ppl end up expecting to much.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I personally dont need any more hype. I've already decided to try it out, now I'm patiently waiting. I'll probably end up skipping the betas as well because I dont want to burn myself out on an unfinished game, like I have done a number of times.
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Originally posted by Eluldor

Seems like decent hype to me, only 0.02 or 0.03 dif from the other game on the meter - for judging that.

This game has moving dynamic quest givers who travel zones, that's pretty cool in my book. Also, all sorts of adventure/dynamic events going on in game.

yeap! it actually is very high compared to prior MMO releases, there just is afew high on the hypemeter games at the moment, and the diffrence is close to none.

ofc just assuming the OP go by the hypemeter, but then there havent been much of advertising for the game yet.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    For me it is the art style. It is just too cartoony which is a shame because the feature set sounds like it could be fun. It is the same reason why I dislike the art style of WOW, it just feels...childish (i know I know, it is a game, but I like an art style with a bit more realism).
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The reason the game isn't of huge interest to me is there are too many similarities to WoW. Besides housing, it looks like WoW, it has quests like WoW, it has raids like WoW, it has arenas like WoW, the world (from what we've seen so far) looks like WoW, there's a lot of hand holding like WoW/GW2, and though WoW doesn't have it, the combat telegraphs makes it cheesy and is more hand holding .

I'll have to buy it for my son though he likes the cartoony games.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Too much hype has hurt more of the recent games than helped them  (examples:  SWTOR and GW2). I am really looking forward to Wildstar but I would rather Carbine tone down the rhetoric. Yes there are differences between Wildstar and other MMOs but it is not the "Second Coming" or the "One that everyone is waiting for".  For me it looks a lot like WOW with some GW2 combat thrown in and that is fine with me. A lot of posters on this site (and others) disagree. 

Let me be stronger - too much hype will kill the chances for Wildstar to be as big as it could be.

• JayDoseJayDose Member Posts: 9

Yeah most people are having a hard time even believing in all of the things devs are saying you'll be able to do in the game. How many times have there been tons of ambitous ideas for all of these newer MMO's and they end up falling short of expectations.

Personally, damn, I think that this game is ambitous in all of the right ways and quite frankly the line up of devs gives me the idea that the final product will be absolutely bitchin'. But we are still a ways from that.

Everyone's right about it's resemblances to WoW at least asthetically but even after minimal research it doesn't take much to see that this game is going far deeper than WoW ever has. At least when it comes to a player influenced environment. Stepping what seems, further and further away from a traditional themepark. Super stoked and definitely agree with the original post. This game definitely deserves some more attention and discussion.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have to admit the video was real fun to watch.I doubt they could keep the game feeling that epic,but if it comes close,i would definitely play it for sure.

Really there was just TOO much in that video,it took a bit of effort for sure and i loved the sense of humour as well.

I might add,i sort of wrote off Carbine a long time ago,never liked them much,but this could vault them back into the limelight[sorry Rush,no pun intended :P].

PS...That video was so fun to watch, i need to see if there is anymore lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

war plots (buildable and destroyable) and guild vs guild seiging of those warplots is whats going to set this game apart.

how well they impliment it is beyond what i know of the game.

the rest of the game seems to be cut and dry themepark.

if it wasnt for the warplot sieges i wouldnt have any interest in the game tbh. Its a brilliant form of endgame pvp and its a tragedy that all themeparks dont offer some form of guild vs guild building and destruction mechanic.

I think that most people are too dumb to look past graphics however.  Its surprising when you see so many people (not on this thread but all over) think along the lines "that game sucks this game has WAY better graphics"

which is why of course the most popular games have the best graphics /s  anyone else remember the "its going to KILL wow" movment for any game with good graphics back in 2006-2008?  remember how all those clones with better graphics did?

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Lol not sure how some people "know" what "most" people want or waiting for.

Its called lack of advertising. Maybe they should try adding kickstarter to it and see how many morons give there money way.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    People have some notion that pretty graphics will make a game great...roflmao...I wonder why it is that all the "Great" MMOs had horrible graphics...coincidence?

All the old MMO were created with no "Right way" in mind. 

Every MMO created today follows some made up formula that devolopers and producers seem to think is the "right way" to make an mmo, and they end up with WoW, version 1214515145523 because they keep makign the same fucking game over and over again.

All the great MMO have horrible graphics because they are old, that has nothing to do with anything.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• JayDoseJayDose Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by BrownAle

I think that most people are too dumb to look past graphics however.  Its surprising when you see so many people (not on this thread but all over) think along the lines "that game sucks this game has WAY better graphics"

which is why of course the most popular games have the best graphics /s  anyone else remember the "its going to KILL wow" movment for any game with good graphics back in 2006-2008?  remember how all those clones with better graphics did?

Absolutely agree. Games that buff up their graphics always seem to be a facade to the bigger issues in an MMO. How far does that realism get you when it comes to the depth in gameplay... It's hard to knock a game like this before you've really been given a chance to explore it. I believe this game is really just using a lot of successful systems and ideas from different and successful MMO's and kind of throwing them into one big package.