Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know anyone in Beta?

AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339

Greetings,

The more and more I read about this game the more it seems to be a big hoax (remember Dawn?).  Just wondering if anyone knows anyone that actually is currently playing the game.  Thanks.

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

Comments

• TzaleTzale Member Posts: 143

Why does everyone keep saying that Dark and Light is a hoax? Do you really think someone would spend this much time to piss all of us off? It isn't like they are getting money from this. Maybe you mean they actually made SoG and will ask for a preorder of the actual game, but that was never created or intended to be made really (DnL)? So SoG is just bait to get us to pay for a fake game?

I don't think so. Things do seem crazy, but do you really think they would put this much work into a game for a hoax?

-Tzale

• AmbassadorDvinnAmbassadorDvinn Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Well this game called "Dawn" put quite a bit of work into their title and it was actually a lot like Dark and Light; except the fact that Dawn didn't have as much of a community.  I'm not saying anything is a "fake" but rather a game in progress that isn't really near a finished state which then gets dropped by the company and turns into what I call, a hoax.  Just seems like no one knows anything about the game.  As far as beta testers go, you can usually find them underground talking about the game they are testing and get some information.  I have yet to see any underground beta testers spit out some leaked information.  Let's be real here.  All I keep hearing is how immersive and beautiful the terrain looks, nothing more.

Serious death penalties makes every close call an adrenaline rush, and every minor achievement a major victory. This alternative rule-set should be in all MMORPGs.

• TzaleTzale Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by Vyre
    Well this game called "Dawn" put quite a bit of work into their title and it was actually a lot like Dark and Light; except the fact that Dawn didn't have as much of a community.  I'm not saying anything is a "fake" but rather a game in progress that isn't really near a finished state which then gets dropped by the company and turns into what I call, a hoax.  Just seems like no one knows anything about the game.  As far as beta testers go, you can usually find them underground talking about the game they are testing and get some information.  I have yet to see any underground beta testers spit out some leaked information.  Let's be real here.  All I keep hearing is how immersive and beautiful the terrain looks, nothing more.

True. But I'd much rather call those games "abandoned." Calling them hoaxes makes it sound like someone was trying to fraud the community.

-Tzale

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I don't see how you can compare this at all to Dawn.

Dawn had a few screenshots, which anyone could have done using 3D software, and they had ideas.. that was all.

DnL has more than proved its existence with videos, E3 footage, A LOT of screenshots, and the fact that they hired AD. AD is a legitimate company who is working with several other companies at the moment.

I think people need to do a bit more research before spewing off crap like this.

I can see people thinking there may be more delays or something legitimate, but just saying "This game isn't real" without even looking very far into it is just asinine.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Sheista

I don't see how you can compare this at all to Dawn.
    Dawn had a few screenshots, which anyone could have done using 3D software, and they had ideas.. that was all.

Sounds a lot like TOA. image

Joined - July 2004

• TarValonTarValon Member Posts: 59

Its not a hoax.  But it may not be worth $60.00 for the pre-order either.  The game could still fold.  This game has been plagued with delays, including SoG. 

Enter at your own risk......image

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112
    To preorder or not to preorder i for one wont be ordering its up to eaxh of you to draw your own conclosions
  • IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

I will be pre-ordering, no doubt about it, it's too tempting and $60 is not much money.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Gawd, I have realy bad feelings about this game. I mean I love the screenshots, but i have no clue whatsoever if the gameplay is any good. Why the hell dont they lift NDA and let people share their experience??? I want to know if this game fits my playstyle before i feed them moneyhungry arses with my bloody green paper.

Is any1 playing this game? Is it soloable? casual friendly? has lots of content? has big breasted lesbian elven women? anything?

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

The only way I would pre order is after they release SoG. Kind of funny that the cutoff date for the pre order bonus ends before the projected release date of SoG isn't it? Makes me wonder how much faith the Devs have in their own game, they must not be expecting many pre orders after people experience SoG.

I miss DAoC

• Maca0716Maca0716 Member Posts: 76

I think you guys need to take a serious step back and look at what your typing, it is some of the most made up crap in the history of this website.

I cannot believe what im reading here.

SOG is free yes thats right TOTALLY free.

The preorder is an option yes thats right an OPTION and the keys will sell out in a couple of hours no doubt about that at all.

The game is not a hoax i have a friend in beta and the game is amazing but i know i will get all the ''lier!'' etc etc i don't care.

What is sad is some of the theoreys you nut jobs are coming up with.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

You definitely don't have a "friend in beta", because if you did, you'd not say that the game is amazing.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    The only thing amazing about the game is that people still believe NP3's BS and are willing to shell out 60 dollars. Do yourself a favor and wit till SoG comes out and then if that 60 is still burning a hole in your pocket give it to the Red Cross or Breast Cancer Foundation where it might actually do some good.

I miss DAoC

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112
    inferno its been a long time since you have been kick out of beta mate perhapes a lot change since then ..... i doubt it lo
  • turkeyboundturkeybound Member Posts: 32

"and the keys will sell out in a couple of hours no doubt about that at all."

than all the charge backs will roll in.

• pensicpensic Member Posts: 27

I do not think that anyone should preorder DnL.

that's all i have to say about that...

-pensic-

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Originally posted by pensic
    I do not think that anyone should preorder DnL.that's all i have to say about that...

That's funny, you registered on my birth day. :P

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    what part of NON DISCLOSURE agreement do you all not understand?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

This discussion has been closed.