Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a WoW Clone for pvp

DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64

I played WoW for 6+ years, dungeons and raids didnt mind but I loved the battlegrounds and arena systems. I want a game with the same type of system. Before someone says just play WoW, i want a diffrent look, diffrent toons/classes/races, just a diffrent look. I want pvp of WoW, but not WoW lol. I want battlegrounds almost right off teh hop, seperate gears for pvp and pve. Arenas have rankings : )

I dont care if its F2P or P2P or P2win, I just want to pvp in an instance setting.  Anyone know if a pvp WoW clone exists? or just these knock off pve ones? I want a knock off pvp one : )

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

GW2 is pretty much  like WoW.

Small sized BGs, has big WvWvW.

It's competitive without gear grind.

I got bored because the lack of gear. And got bored of WoW because Arena gear is the best and I prefer BG's.

• DeathRowInmateDeathRowInmate Member UncommonPosts: 64

What do you play now for battlegrounds?

I would love one I can level up in battlegrounds. I was suggested Scarlet blade.......which has a good system, but I cant get past the stripper quality of the game so its not my thing.

• LeaningKidGokuLeaningKidGoku Member Posts: 41

There are only two games I played awhile back that gave off the WoW feel, the first, Runes of Magic, I mean everyone you can ask about this game they will tell you it's an rip-off of WoW I couldn't really get far into the game due tospam bot issues lagging me up but besides that it was ok.

A game I would say you should go for is, Allods Online. That game has the WoW feel with its own personal feel. If your looking for a game that is decent, fun, and would keep you seated with good quest, I'd say Allods Online is the game for you.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by DeathRowInmate

What do you play now for battlegrounds?

I would love one I can level up in battlegrounds. I was suggested Scarlet blade.......which has a good system, but I cant get past the stripper quality of the game so its not my thing.

I got tired of ability button pressing so actually I play Defiance atm :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Rift comes to mind, has a few interesting twists to the standard formula.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nosam9nosam9 Member Posts: 21
    Rift. It is exactly a WoW clone, with some nice extra and differences. It has the standard BGs like WoW. PvP is pretty fun.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Yes I would also vote for Rift. It has some good BGs like in WoW (not as good imho) and there is Open World PvP. 

GW2 is also good if you want to get right into it almost right after character creation.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.