Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirate101 not so unique

ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

From KingsIsle business view, Pirate101 is nothing more than just a replacement of Wizard101. KingsIsle took all the features that made Wizard101 so unique.

Other than just having a pirate theme and new battle system Pirate101 has the same things as Wizard101; same mounts, same pets and it even Wizard101’s unique spells.

I just don't understand why set the game in the same universe? Couldn't developers come up with something more original rather than just reusing most of Wizard101's works?

I simply think developers were too lazy enough to come up with something more original.

If Pirate101 deserved game of the year award it should actually be for Wizard101. Since the whole game is actually a carbon copy of Wizard101.

Blizzard Entertainment makes new games that are actually completely different and unique in their own way. I haven’t seen Blizzard replace World of Warcraft with another MMO, at least they're smart and value their MMO that got them somewhere.

Comments

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It's just a cash grab, KingsIsle is one of the biggest scams in town.  Pay a monthly subscription and then be funneled into the cash shop constantly by game mechanics in the game such as unlockable characters that, surprise surprise, are unlocked to BUY in the cash shop! 
  • LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223

pirate101 is a funny entertaining single player rpg for 10 $.

with the 10 $ subscription fee you unlock all story content and the cashshop can be totally ignored. i played it till the content ends within 2 weeks during my recent stay in hospital with aprox 6 hrs playtime a day. the stories are entertaining with some very good humor in it; you really don't need to grind cause as subscriber you get the best gear from npc vendors and from the quests; you don't have to hook up with other people even not for the 'dungeons' and the round based combat may be slow paced but its a welcomed change from all these fast action systems we got in the last years. it may be labeled f2p but honestly if you want to enjoy the game, you should pay the sub fee once.