Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive WildStar Demo! simply amazing

clockwerk2013clockwerk2013 Member UncommonPosts: 27

i must confess  i fall in love with the game :)

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Why?

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Global Cool-downs for the lose.  image
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I would say I'd wait to play this game when it is out of NC Soft's control but as we have seen, they would rather sit on the IP of games they kill rather than letting someone else publish it.

I hope Carbine has some kind of out clause.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Let the 'WOW clone' complaints begin!!!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

WoW 2

will probably get 10 million subscribers

• anonentityanonentity Member UncommonPosts: 36

I can't say it was amazing to me. Looked very derivative and while this might be good, it just doesnt engage me.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Ya this game is on my must try list for 2013. I hope between this game and Elder Scrolls I find a MMO that keeps me playing for a few years. 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Vembumees
    [mod edit]

Typically I understand english isn't everyones first or even second language and I consider your mission accomplished as long as you managed to get your message across to others. This however pushes my limits oO... 

"This game is not free, it is a buy to play. It looks like the Simpsons which means it is a crap game for kids" I believe is the message, but even I am uncertain. 

In any case as to the topic, I can't decide on WildStar until I have played it myself. Theres a lot to like and dislike for me, the dislikes seem to be winning. I won't decide until I have played it for myself though. 

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i love how people says its a wow clone or wow 2, first of all ITS NOT A WOW CLONE.!!!!!   Why how about use your brains, I say that because if it was a wow clone it would be the same thing as wow and actually it isnt because this game has player housing and wow does not.  I just love how everyone thinks that new games has to evolve around wow or some  shit.  But you know i may try this and may like it may not like it i dont know but i know one thing i play STO,SWTOR, and SWGemu and love all of them.  So i dont have to ask permission from the wow gods to like something or not.
  • alexusapialexusapi Member Posts: 3
    I'm definitely going to be checking this game out, i'm very excited about starting the beta, been checking the website every day hoping the beta is up.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Hjamnr
    Global Cool-downs for the lose.  image

^^ Seriously. I can't get past it. The graphics are already bad enough. The game itself needs to be good enough for the graphics not to matter but so far I'm not all that impressed.

• alexusapialexusapi Member Posts: 3
    The art style might not appeal to everybody but you cannot say that the graphics are bad, it's a very well made graphically. and as for global cooldowns i think it brings balance to pvp, the fact that someone could just rape his keyboard and win, sounds like a bad idea to me.
  • EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Lets hope for beta Announce today on W* Newsday
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

It's coming along nicely!

Attacks, movement, monster reactions seem to have weight to them, and I love that. As long as it's not a floaty crap feeling, I'll be happy.

How can anyone diss the graphics or art style? :s Just conclude that it's not your cup of tea and kindly move along to the next title.

Not every title coming up has to run on the latest graphics engine with all kinds of bells and whistles.

How I think that'll benefit Wildstar is that the artists will be able to focus more on the art direction without having to worry with an overly complex graphics engine and simply come up with content pronto.

This is one to keep my eyes on. I'm watching you, Wildstar o_-

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I must have missed the amazing part..

Combat where the players avatar just stands there and takes humungous hits without even flinching.  At least SWTOR had the decency to add choreographed combat animations - pretty good for a 2007 game released in 2011.  Particle effects galore only get you so far.  I can tolerate the art style of Wildstar, but animations can make all the difference.

Rather boring demo overall.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Instanced housing isn't turning me on either since many other MMORPG's already did that.

I guess someone who thinks WoW is the only MMORPG around might like this game. /shrug

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    This is like a mmo with a twist. We have been getting these types of mmos since WoW and they all have pretty much failed horribly. Don't see how this will be any different. 
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Let the 'WOW clone' complaints begin!!!

Oh but according to the devs: "we wanted to do anything but wow."