Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is one of the key contributors for PC software sales in 2012

2»

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

I love how haters are starting to lose their grounding when bashing on GW2, since the only arguments they can come up with are either "x amount of Y people I know bought and quit the game" or "GW2 sold only X copies over 6 months when the game Y sold Z in only T weeks".

I'm overly enjoyed. Victory.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Is Gw2 In That Much Trouble That The Fans Need To Keep Making These Insane Post. Gw2 Is A Key Contributor For Pc Software Sales? You Can Play The Game On A Machine That Is Over 5 Yrs Old. From The Posts About Gw2Being Revolutionary To Post Gw2 Is Influential To now This Give It Up. Gw2 Is An Ok Mmo Thats About All. There Is A Reason There Used To Be 60-75% Post On Here About Gw2 Now You Just GeT A Few A Week And Most Are Insane Ones Like This.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by ichihaifu

I love how haters are starting to lose their grounding when bashing on GW2, since the only arguments they can come up with are either "x amount of Y people I know bought and quit the game" or "GW2 sold only X copies over 6 months when the game Y sold Z in only T weeks".

I'm overly enjoyed. Victory.

All right? *rolles eyes*

*Haters* are more concerned about how OP twisted the article to suit his own needs rather than how many copies GW2 sold. No one can deny that GW2 sold well but that is not what this is about.

And since OP never bothered to participate in the flaming that he encouraged with his topic i would say mission accomplished.

And once again congrats for winning on the internet!

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

*Haters* are more concerned about how OP twisted the article to suit his own needs rather than how many copies GW2 sold. No one can deny that GW2 sold well but that is not what this is about.

maybe the op titled the thread from what he saw elsewhere -- who knows ?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/pc-software-sales-hit-20-billion-in-2012-new-report-finds/

the report found that the $20 billion figure shows an 8% increase in sales from 2011, and Diablo 3, Minecraft, and Guild Wars 2 were key contributors.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Well, the article the OP linked to is a summary of a industry report, which unfortunately isn't public, so we can't check if it really mentions GW2 as one of the key contributors, but since several other gaming sites have posted articles on the same report, and also mentioned the same 3 games, I don't see much reason to doubt it.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

you know this thread is proveing one thing GW2 is the new WoW.

i dont mean numbers, or top MMO, or anything like that.

it is being hated on and defended with absolutly no logic or proof behind any of the statements, just like WoW has always been.

will it ever out do WoW, will it still be around in a few years considering the mother company behind it.

well no one knows and no one will till a few years from now at which point if people still talk about it it will be just like how people talk about WoW silly nonsence both ways.

P.S. my money is on it only being around barely and WoW will still be at pretty much the same spot it always has had for about the last 10 years. but eh thats my opion i dont play ether of those games anymore.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• fumoffu1fumoffu1 Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Well, the article the OP linked to is a summary of a industry report, which unfortunately isn't public, so we can't check if it really mentions GW2 as one of the key contributors, but since several other gaming sites have posted articles on the same report, and also mentioned the same 3 games, I don't see much reason to doubt it.

gw2 being barely/under 1% of all pc game sales does not make u key contributor. same for d3 and mop.

ur right. we cant chek. u should not believe such info even if its on 50 different sites if it isnt credible.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

maybe the op titled the thread from what he saw elsewhere -- who knows ?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/pc-software-sales-hit-20-billion-in-2012-new-report-finds/

the report found that the $20 billion figure shows an 8% increase in sales from 2011, and Diablo 3, Minecraft, and Guild Wars 2 were key contributors.

Key contributors to the 8% increase over last year.

So now that can be put to rest.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I'm still loving GW2. Largely because Anet somehow manages to push out more content on a monthly basis than that one big MMOG does in six months, sometimes upwards of a year. The April Fools content for example is utterly awesome, best 'april fools'.. anything I've ever seen in an MMOG and it isn't even the April content patch. That's coming later in the month!

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Squeak69

you know this thread is proveing one thing GW2 is the new WoW.

i dont mean numbers, or top MMO, or anything like that.

it is being hated on and defended with absolutly no logic or proof behind any of the statements, just like WoW has always been.

All games are bashed like that here, and on most badly moderated forums too. It's not specific to WoW or GW2, even though their success makes them a favorite target.

Some people just seem to only enjoy feeding on hatred, and only have fun when they pee in other people's cheerios. Specially when safely hidden behind a computer screen, and safe of any kind of direct retaliation, so they can behave like that and try to ruin other people's fun without any risk of consequences.

It's the forum game. Some are here to talk about the game they enjoy, and others are here just to disrupt that enjoyment instead of minding their own business and go play games they actually enjoy. And some are just zealots (just like real life zealots we see in the news everyday) who think that because they don't enjoy something, nobody should, and that there's only one way to have fun in a video game, so they come back over and over again to bore us with their "truth".

+1 sometimes people hit the nail right on the head ...well said Captain