Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

This thread is for the discussion of the general progress of the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter.  Please keep all discussion related to the progress of the kickstarter to this thread. 

Duplicate threads will be locked and redirected to this thread.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Nice, thanks!

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405

@Vaross:  Hopefully this thread means that MMORPG staff will moderate/delete the rampant trolls.. one can only hope, right?

25% funded in less than 24 hours is a good sign, but let's not get over confident.. long, but exciting road ahead!

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Vaross

This thread is for the discussion of the general progress of the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter.  Please keep all discussion related to the progress of the kickstarter to this thread. 

Duplicate threads will be locked and redirected to this thread.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

@Vaross:  Hopefully this thread means that MMORPG staff will moderate/delete the rampant trolls.. one can only hope, right?

25% funded in less than 24 hours is a good sign, but let's not get over confident.. long, but exciting road ahead!

Very true Plastic, but is nice to see CU off to a great start.:)

• StonemasonStonemason Member UncommonPosts: 26

Quick question, when do we get charged for the pledge, when it reaches the goal of 2mill or at the end of the 30 days?

• AdorianBladeAdorianBlade Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Aori

Anyone who is pledging has to know they are buying into a dream. Everything doesn't go as planned and it could very well happen here. If people are pledging expecting a promise guarantee then i'm sure many will be sorely disappointed.

Me personally and i'll be flamed for it but all of the kickstarter tier options make it feel fishy to me and the kicker is that you have to spend over $1000 to even get close to a lifetime like sub.

I like to support games but I need a little more than promises and potential swag. I need a game of some sort, right now its just an idea.

I was typing this up in response to someone when a thread was locked. Figured i'd post anyways.

250 for a lifetime sub, well 36 month sub and 1 dollar a month afterwords due to KS restrictions. Prety par for course with other games i think.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Anyone who is pledging has to know they are buying into a dream. Everything doesn't go as planned and it could very well happen here. If people are pledging expecting a promise guarantee then i'm sure many will be sorely disappointed.

Me personally and i'll be flamed for it but all of the kickstarter tier options make it feel fishy to me and the kicker is that you have to spend over $1000 to even get close to a lifetime like sub.

I like to support games but I need a little more than promises and potential swag. I need a game of some sort, right now its just an idea.

I was typing this up in response to someone when a thread was locked. Figured i'd post anyways.

I've spent more on dinner and movie for 3 than I spent on 2 $110 tiers and 2 $180 tiers before. I can think of tons of stuff people waste their money on and don't get much enjoyment for it, so what...it's their money.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

Agree on both points. If we're going to have progress discussion forced into one thread, keep the trolls out. We don't need posts from people who don't like the very concept of Kickstarter in this thread for instance.

I'll be apprehensive about this until it passes the $1.5 million mark. Long way to go still.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AdorianBladeAdorianBlade Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by AdorianBlade

250 for a lifetime sub, well 36 month sub and 1 dollar a month afterwords due to KS restrictions. Prety par for course with other games i think.

Oh I missed the lifetime sub for 250, there was so many tiers.. ;)

Glad I could Help and yeah there were a lot, I personally used the SS so that i could figure out what was in my pricerange and what i actually wanted.

As for everyone saying there is no gurantee, You are right, however if this KS funds this game will have at least 5Million dollars. With no traditonal PvE content that has to be created i think this is a possible project. Therefore i ponied my money and invested, if you are not interested thats fine, but being a debby downer is just making everyone sad pandas.

• Corinthian-XCorinthian-X Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by AdorianBlade

Actually its $1 per year after the initial 36 months.

Originally posted by Tayah so what...it's their money.

This.

Originally posted by Tayah

I've spent more on dinner and movie for 3 than I spent on 2 $110 tiers and 2 $180 tiers before. I can think of tons of stuff people waste their money on and don't get much enjoyment for it, so what...it's their money.

You haven't got anything for that money yet, you aren't guaranteed to get anything with that money. I know it is peoples money and I hope it works out. However that wasn't the point I was getting across.

I think, as many of us are adults, we understand risk.

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by gylnne

You haven't got anything for that money yet, you aren't guaranteed to get anything with that money. I know it is peoples money and I hope it works out. However that wasn't the point I was getting across.

and it's consequences.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by Foggye
    Originally posted by gylnne

and it's consequences.

As adults, we understand that sub-based games are from the stone age. I wish the best luck to CU and the kickstarter campaign of course. It's always good to see companies that decide to work for the fans instead of big all-devouring companies that just want to push out dumbed down products to cash in as soon as possible, whether the game is finished or not.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

O

As adults, we understand that sub-based games are from the stone age.

Maybe but every non sub based game I have played lately is an easy, non challenging, give ppl everything so they give us all their money corporate excuse for an MMO.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I just dont know what the fuss is all about

It will fund, with you watching the money going up or not, if the hype on this forum is any indicator

Not that I funded it or anything, just dont have the money to pledge to these things

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

i would have pledge if the game is not so far away from release.

Judging from the beta schedule, earliest release date is at least Fall 2015 which is more than 2 years away. Almost 3 years.

Im not dumping money into something i cant see in 3years.

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123

No new funds in over 1 hour

Backers

$552,965

pledged of $2,000,000 goal

As soon as I copied and psted that, a new backer for $110

Backers

$553,075

pledged of $2,000,000 goal
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Right now I wouldn't expect much action. North America is starting to sleep and the Europeans are just waking up. The only people who would be active right now would be the aussies and asians.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Good start. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
    Assuies and Asians must be wide away as there are 14 new backers in the last 20 minutes after 0 backers for an entire hour.
  • OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

Looks good! keep on spreading the word wherever and whenever you can! :)

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

As long as it has funded $1M in its first week, I am confident it will reach its target. To that end, I am very confident it will fund $1M in its first week. It needs only do about $450,000 in six days, which is $75,000 per day, or just over $3,000 per hour. Some of the big tiers are still available, too, and it only takes a few of those to really push the total up quickly. The rest of the islands (7) and inns (5) alone are $60,000. I doubt the Dragonwhale tier will sell out, but it represents a possible total of $50,000.

Basically, if it hits $1M in the first week, it just needs to do around $500,000 or so in the next two weeks, and in the final week there should be a $500,000 push, mostly in the last 2-3 days. This seems to be a rough pattern of how a lot of Kickstarter campaigns go - massive initial wave that trickles down, then another fairly massive wave just at the end when people who were hesitant pull the trigger or people decide to put in more for better rewards.

Also, some people are holding out due to not seeing enough, or have pledged less than they might. CSE is going to be releasing updates almost every day by the sounds of it, and some will be actual proof-of-concept demos (on Unity, not the final engine, but still) and race and class descriptions. Each time they do that, expect a mini-surge for that day.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Stonemason

Quick question, when do we get charged for the pledge, when it reaches the goal of 2mill or at the end of the 30 days?

I did not see anyone answer this, so...

When is my card charged?

If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged. That's why we call them pledges.

Source: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions#faq_41760

To be 100% clear: It is charged at the end of the 30 days, on May 2, if and only if it has raised at least $2,000,000.