Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taste the Rainbow

WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78

In case you missed it, there was a free consumable available in the Secret World store, I'm guessing for April Fool's Day.

Go the the store, click on the "New Items" red button and it _should_ show up as the first item that costs 0 Funcom points. You get a stack of ten clickable consumables that put the above rainbow effect in your general vacinity, which lasts about 5-10 seconds.

Note: these were still available as of about 11am CST/USA April 2nd 2013, but I'm not sure how long they will remain in the store, still assuming it's a tie-in with April 1st, so check it out ASAP to make sure you get your stack of 10 clicky rainbows!

Edit: added time zone, central time - USA

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    What an absolutely pointless boring feature.
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

I like it, its for fun.

A nice twist on giving out fireworks that most MMO's give out.

Not every item must have a defined purpose, some are just for fun.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Arkain

Except having a rainbow over your head for absolutely no reason isn't fun in the slightest.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by FuryV
    Originally posted by Arkain

Except having a rainbow over your head for absolutely no reason isn't fun in the slightest.

And hence what I said before "Not every item must have a defined purpose, some are just for fun".

Just like fireworks.

What do you not get, is it that you fell that if you do not like it, no one should?

I like it, you do not have to, I do give you the right to like what you want, (thats incase you fell the need for permission, I do not fell that same need, but I am willing to help you out).

• platonicxplatonicx Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by FuryV
    What an absolutely pointless boring feature.

I simply cant understand how does a mind like yours operate.

Its a future designed to be fun and look pretty.

If you find such things to be pointless and boring... does that mean you dress in generic white clothes, only talk in short sentances and dont have any hobbies and just go to work to earn money?

Imagine you would have means to create a rainbow over ur head in real life. Would you still call it useless and let alone boring?

I am simply astonished.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

so as to not offend any TSW fanatics, my official position is "what a joyous example of creative and fun programming!" 

That being said, was there more done for April 1st or is that the extent of it?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.