Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: The Super Adventure Box Revealed

124»

Comments

• berrythiefberrythief Member Posts: 6

Guildwars 2 (This is on topic)

Has lost the majority of its pvp playerbase due to not being a very good pvp game at all, and when they go they are gone, not coming back.

They need to make a new game that is more pvp based like guildwars 1 and this time be ready to keep the palyers playing pvp (I think their aim was to sell high boxes then relieve the servers by the game being so bad that everyone leaves, then they don't have to rent/pay for the servers anymore, it's smart if you think about it).

To be completely honest mmo's need a straight up miracle worker in the lead designer department if they expect anything innovative to come from this section of games (same with rts).

I am this person.

Originally posted by Dinasty
    After about 15min or so the novelty wears off and it's pretty meh. Once you're back outside the SAB you realize, aaaarrrrg back to the same old bleh.

Exactly.

Someone knows what is going on I didn't even login to try it, I know how it goes.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    No developer does April fools like Anet lol. 

This should have been the release date, the release date for the pvp side of the game.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Malevil
    I love gw2 and still play it, but honestly , this is not my style. I dont like retro  and i dont even find this dungeon fun. I would way more apreciate if they would add new fractal than this. I played games in 8bit era and i'm glad we moved on :P.

It's April fools, just to have fun and take some of the seriousness out of it.

I simply doesnt find it fun, thats all

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by berrythief

Has lost the majority of its pvp playerbase due to not being a very good pvp game at all, and when they go they are gone, not coming back.

They need to make a new game that is more pvp based like guildwars 1 and this time be ready to keep the palyers playing pvp (I think their aim was to sell high boxes then relieve the servers by the game being so bad that everyone leaves, then they don't have to rent/pay for the servers anymore, it's smart if you think about it).

To be completely honest mmo's need a straight up miracle worker in the lead designer department if they expect anything innovative to come from this section of games (same with rts).

I am this person.

no idea whats "on topic" in your post, i just wanted to drop by to ask you if you (seriously) if you think that anyone cares for the few PvP'ers out there while making millions of dollars with (satisfied) pve and Wvw customers? Companies tried to make pvp mmos for years - the solution was LoL. youll not get more, so gtfo our games. to make it clear: pvp'ers are NO factor on the market.

ON TOPIC: This is by far the best event ever launched in an mmo. period.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by Distopia

Eh, never liked platforming games myself, I just find it odd that an april fools joke is a reality in game, kinda defeats the purpose of the joke part.

That's the joke of it all. The joke is that some people will think it's a joke when it isn't.

I am so going to get that great sword skin for WvW.

12500 baubles for a skin, good luck with that, I done it for 10 mins and got bored.

Then the fans tell you its not a grindy game to obtain anything, aye ok.

No, it's 50 Baubles. 12500 Bubbles IF you are only grinding bubbles to buy them. (yes, they are referencing Bubble Bobble here).

- 1 Run through the dungeon can yield you upto 10 Baubles IF you aren't spending bubbles to buy anything. So if you're running w/ a decent group you can do this dungeon 5 times and get a skin. Not that grindy at all really.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

I am this person.

{start rant}I am not sure if you know this or not but PvP games, in the long run, DON'T make money.  There are simply not enough people out there that actualy enjoy PvP.  Guild Wars 2 has done a great job of bringing PvE players into the PvP fold in a way that the PvE players seem to like.  I was amoung the many that complained bitterly about having to go into the PvP world to get my 100% mapping done, but even I am starting to enjoy a dip into the PvP pool now and then.  PvP has actually forced me to improve my game play.  I still won't spend the silver needed to respec or even change a single skill for it, but at least I can get by most of the time. {end rant}

Back on topic: This 8-bit madness has been a hoot.  It reminds me of the games I purchassed when my kids were little as well as a few things I don't want to be reminded of.  I have enjoyed it (Super Adventure Box) all I can now so it's time to knuckle down and focus on the titles part of it.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by kzaske

I am this person.

{start rant}I am not sure if you know this or not but PvP games, in the long run, DON'T make money.  There are simply not enough people out there that actualy enjoy PvP.  Guild Wars 2 has done a great job of bringing PvE players into the PvP fold in a way that the PvE players seem to like.  I was amoung the many that complained bitterly about having to go into the PvP world to get my 100% mapping done, but even I am starting to enjoy a dip into the PvP pool now and then.  PvP has actually forced me to improve my game play.  I still won't spend the silver needed to respec or even change a single skill for it, but at least I can get by most of the time. {end rant}

Back on topic: This 8-bit madness has been a hoot.  It reminds me of the games I purchassed when my kids were little as well as a few things I don't want to be reminded of.  I have enjoyed it (Super Adventure Box) all I can now so it's time to knuckle down and focus on the titles part of it.

While I don't agree that pvp in GW2 is "dead" I think you are way off with your "pvp games don't make money" statement. Looks at League of Legends....

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    I need to try this adventure box out again solo to find all the goods :)
  • LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22
    Love the new patch.  This game gets better and better every month
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by Distopia

Eh, never liked platforming games myself, I just find it odd that an april fools joke is a reality in game, kinda defeats the purpose of the joke part.

That's the joke of it all. The joke is that some people will think it's a joke when it isn't.

I am so going to get that great sword skin for WvW.

12500 baubles for a skin, good luck with that, I done it for 10 mins and got bored.

Then the fans tell you its not a grindy game to obtain anything, aye ok.

NO - it is 50 - please get it right.....

its 250 baubles for a bauble bauble, 50 bauble baubles for a skin, I am right.

And you get Bauble bubbles inside the the box, I got 24 total on 6 of my characters in less then 2 hours which is close to half a skin....where is the grind???

Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by kzaske

I am this person.

While I don't agree that pvp in GW2 is "dead" I think you are way off with your "pvp games don't make money" statement. Looks at League of Legends....

Dude of COURSE he is wrong. Imagine one MMO with the best pvp setup possible for skills (in this current day and age) and every pvp format in mmo's possible, with a pvp storyline. Yes, A PVP STORYLINE! LITERALLY NO PVE STORYLINE AT ALL.

THEN you have PVE minigames (this would make pve the side stuff for taking breaks).

PvE Minigames something like runescapes barrows, and you know wows raid dungeons (with mosnters like lupricus in them I loved fighting him) seen as minigames to go into. While they award you useful stuff and cosmetics for pvp that you could sell. & Crafting being the ONLY grind in the game, NOT having to grind levels BEFORE playing wvw and open world pvp. Since you have world pvp and pve minigames the content can be endless on the pve side later in the game.

This is just ingenius, and would pull pvp'ers from every single mmo's playerbase and keep them there. I'm telling you I'm really working a miracle here and would take over this genre.

There is more details than this but this is just me giving you an idea.

If you haven't noticed every mmo starts off and gives some good some bads in pvp, then another picks up and leaves out everything they did bad adds some good but leaves out a lot of other good stuff, and we have this repeating. EVERY GAME LEAVES OUT A TON OF GOOD PVP STUFF AND THEN ADDS A TON OF NEW BADS.

The PvE side everyone feels as if they have aloready done AND NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE GAME WANTS TOG RIND THROUGH IT.

Thinka bout it, this pvp storyline is a game changer, with no grind to be where you need to be other than maybe unlocking modifications. WvW and World pvp would be seperated and ahve their own little systems going on in comparison to all the other instanced which would all ahve ladders and tournies for cash prizes (where the company makes endless money from it over time AND the palyers get money for winning AT THE SAME TIME).

I mean it is jsut brilliant. A pvper's wet dream right here. I already have an rts that just needs a proffessional modeller to get behind me (along with a game engine modifier). The MMO is all on paper still ine arly stages before implication and I want to have a team with me before any of that starts for the mmo.

Also you would have skills change from format to format and not just pvp to pve (only in some formats) conquest for example would get more blowouts than something like gvg where you don't want your positioning to be screwed over.

See pvp is endless when it is good people DO NOT STOP playing it when they reach the "ending" there is no "ending" to reach. This is why making the best pvp game is ideal right now, you would have the one noone quits. Then you add side stuff pve minigames for them to do, and you keep EVERYONE happy.
  • cougmerrikcougmerrik Member Posts: 15

This has been great so far.  The areas themselves are well laid out with some hard jumps and nice enemy placement.  The "big bag" is just like your typical retro boss -- impossible until you know the strategy -- then incredibly easy.  The level of detail that went into this is impressive.  I love the different weapon combinations and the "game within a game" character progression.

Anet scores real big with anyone who is into retro gaming, and anyone who enjoys exploring and adventuring.

To those who say its too hard to get skins... you can always buy them from the trading post, or chance upon one in one of the level completion chests in the box if you want one without doing the content much.  Also, its 50 bubble baubles, and you can get 6 bubble baubles per day per character with no level limit... and you can run through and complete all the levels in something like 20-30 minutes once you know the way.  So that's something like 6-ish hours of just grinding if you want it RIGHT NOW.  Otherwise you could just wait until all of the levels are out, and have fun and explore the areas and you'd probably wind up with one before end of the month anyway.

The commercial is pure gold.

• tenyearsofmmorpgstenyearsofmmorpgs Member Posts: 6
    Repackaging 8bit for sales in the cash shop is just shameful.  I ran that instance  and found it to be annoying/ slightly fun and wondering where the creativity is left in game creation....If i wanted to play 8 bit id plug in my sega or nintendo and go to town. I dont need companys trying to sell me the same crap repackaged. Thanks for nothing but the same as always Anet and GW2..and please try to think of someting new someday other than the hearts quests. 
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by tenyearsofmmorpgs
    Repackaging 8bit for sales in the cash shop is just shameful.  I ran that instance  and found it to be annoying/ slightly fun and wondering where the creativity is left in game creation....If i wanted to play 8 bit id plug in my sega or nintendo and go to town. I dont need companys trying to sell me the same crap repackaged. Thanks for nothing but the same as always Anet and GW2..and please try to think of someting new someday other than the hearts quests. 

I read that and thought "What a bunch of crap", but then I saw your name and was like "woah, this guy's got major credibility."  Sorry for doubting you, brand new poster.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by tenyearsofmmorpgs

They are not selling it to you....they are giving it as a present for FREE if you own the game.

FFs haters got to hate....

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Looked like the black coat [game] guys basically held your hand through the entire thing.