Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vanguard deserves a populated european server

well with all the trash being presented to mmorpg players the last few years i must say vanguard deserves a well populated euorpean server. A great game with some of the best crafting in the mmo world. A mini game like diplomacy which like crafting is a game in itself. Not to mention a huge open and seamless world to explore and pve in.

Im just starting up on the eurpean server with a 6 month sub and would love to have some more people join me,

Also i have a mumble server available which i can set up to run 24/7.

So all of you lacking a in depth pve mmorpg i recommend highly vanguard saga of heroes.

and getting on the european server which unfortunately has a low population. Vanguard deserves a european contingent much much more then many of the mmorpgs out there these days.

My ingame main will be "Tisah" a cleric, carpenter, diplomat. And i am on usually every day at some point in time.

Bobm111

Comments

• bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153
    just a clarification "Zelah" will be ingame name as the other was taken..
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

The problem is, it's old and clunky. Some people don't care and can look past that and uncover the incredible depth the game has. But overall I think it's too late for VG to have a serious resurgence.

I think SOE missed their chance some years back when some time and effort to relaunch VG at that time could have yielded a healthy population. Trouble is SOE never really cared about their "rough diamond" until it was a bit too late.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I'd love to play on the european server, but at the moment there is just no reason to. My ping is fine on the US one, and there are plenty of people to play with even with my EU timezone. But I think the game deserves a wider EU audience as well.
  • bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by Everket
    I'd love to play on the european server, but at the moment there is just no reason to. My ping is fine on the US one, and there are plenty of people to play with even with my EU timezone. But I think the game deserves a wider EU audience as well.

np mate. Anyway started out again as a cleric. I elected to stay away from the isle and started straight in the desert amongst the sand flies and heat in heavy armor. But standing near start area and looking down at khal miles away still is so awesome. Managed to get to level 10 adventuring and l4 diplomat first day ill work on crafting when i start reaching the first smaller towns.

A few years ago had level 50 cleric the higest back then, but now 55 as i understand it. This time around im going to level a cleric adventurer, diplomat, boat builder. But also a dps of some sort as i never tried a dps char in vanguard and she will build houses and be a jeweler at some point.

One thing i did notice it appears they made it easier to level or im am getting better at playing. The latter i doubt very much lol.

For people who never played vanguard you are really missing an mmo jewel..

Ha ha got mail and cant find a mailbox. Use to be in bank in kal but not there any more lol.

bobm111

• LorkenLorken Member Posts: 17
    Yeah I agree the game is unmatched in terms of complexity when compared to most theme-park mmorpgs. I really hope the style of this game is rebooted either by sony or a new company. Till then I'll start Lorkan ingame and have fun while this ship lasts.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by bobm111

Ha ha got mail and cant find a mailbox. Use to be in bank in kal but not there any more lol.

The mailbox in Khal is still in the bank and still at the same place.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Ever heard 'you get what you deserve'? this boat ha sailed. EU server has been up for years but since EU players didn't support it now it is gone.

Err, what ? Didnt support it ?!?

Players dont "support" gameservers. Thats would mean you would actively pay for playing on a server. You dont. ANYONE could log into the EU server if they wanted to, no matter if they played from Europe or China or USA or whatever.

I doubt that the whole move would have been avoided if more people would play EU. And its clear Sony doesnt want any discussion about it. They announced this procedure shorttime, just a week before they would actually do it. So they obviously are trying to avoid any discussion. Just like the US server currently has an obvious influx of people, the EU server saw finally a new active guild. Unfortunately they will probably dissolve once they move to the US server.

Right now I have a ping of 100ms to the EU server, which is great, and a ping of 300ms to the US server, which is well, not good, but still in the tolerable area. This option will soon be gone.

• xegiiexegiie Member UncommonPosts: 6

yeah the EU server is empty, i started few weeks ago, and i met 1 - 2 ppl a day... this fact alone and mby with help of dated graphics drove me away...

but blacksmithing is so cool there... also too bad they had to adapt wow mining so you run like ..... over map instead of going into actual mine... so silly sooo silly cant do anything:(

What ? The EU servers had 50+ people online in the high times. Have you by chance not found out about the "/who all count" command ?

And the active guild of Halgar, "The Mist of Halgar", is now on Telon.

If you assume you will see many players in Vanguard, that would only happen if the server would reach its maximum player limit. Vanguard is HUGE and theres a lot of space.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

I was part of that guild, and still is.

Maybe things changed over the last month or two, but two months back, I barely saw 10+ online.

50+ online is still too low imo, but it seems odd that they merged the servers, if the server actually doubled++++ population the past month.

Well, I dont know about that. I stayed subbed the past year, but lost interest in really playing, just logged in from time to time. Only last month I really started playing again and I saw about 500 people on Telon and about 50 people on Halgar at this time, in their respective main time (for the USA and for Europe). Even when I logged in at an odd hour, Halgar still had 20 people online, and Telon never saw less than 200 people any time, /who all count always complained it reached the limit.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Vanguard deserves to be put out of it's misery. When the games creator leaves it for a second time to go help a more successful game(5 years older then it) you know it's beyond saving.

What a weird post.

And Brad never left voluntarily.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    tbh i am suprised that this game has reached nearly 6 yr old given the state it was at release..but its a pretty stable game now.i just cant play it anymore..i gave it 2 yrs and loved every minute of it.has for a european server there is no point..they had halgar which was basically unpopulated for over a year..mind you that was before f2p.i think once eqnext comes out that this game will be shut down permanantely.i maybe wrong but i think most VG players will move to eqnext.

LOL !

Why dont you inform yourself about what EQ Next actually is, before you claim people of any game would move to it ?

Its planned to be a damn sandbox.

It has nothing to do with Vanguard. EQ and EQ2 are much more games like Vanguard, than EQ Next.

And if I wanted to play either EQ or EQ2, I would do so. I'm not interested at all. EQ has intolerably outdated graphics and EQ2 is too easy and WoW-like.

• LeahXtwoLeahXtwo Member CommonPosts: 30

well with all the trash being presented to mmorpg players the last few years i must say vanguard deserves a well populated euorpean server. A great game with some of the best crafting in the mmo world. A mini game like diplomacy which like crafting is a game in itself. Not to mention a huge open and seamless world to explore and pve in.

Im just starting up on the eurpean server with a 6 month sub and would love to have some more people join me,

So all of you lacking a in depth pve mmorpg i recommend highly vanguard saga of heroes.

and getting on the european server which unfortunately has a low population. Vanguard deserves a european contingent much much more then many of the mmorpgs out there these days.

My ingame main will be "Tisah" a cleric, carpenter, diplomat. And i am on usually every day at some point in time.

Bobm111

I like Vanguard. But seamless? I remember running around into BUMP Gah W W W.. What Was that? A mini zone line..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by LeahXtwo

I like Vanguard. But seamless? I remember running around into BUMP Gah W W W.. What Was that? A mini zone line..

That issue is a bit better these days but it is a seamless world.. other than a bit of lag when moving from one area of the map to another.. it just has to load a lot of stuff in..

There is no long loading screen or anything, you can see other people in the next zone and so on.. o

Yes, thats true, the zoning problem is annoying.

Especially since the technique how to program a true seamless game has been known a long time before Vanguard released. Its simple: make the "zone" (a lot) smaller and always load the zones around the current zone. This way when you reach a zone barrier nothing has to be loaded and the transition can be done smoothly, while in the background the new zones connected to the entered zone but not connected to the previous zone start getting to be loaded.

Dont think they will ever change that now, though.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Adamantine

LOL !

Why dont you inform yourself about what EQ Next actually is, before you claim people of any game would move to it ?

Its planned to be a damn sandbox.

It has nothing to do with Vanguard. EQ and EQ2 are much more games like Vanguard, than EQ Next.

And if I wanted to play either EQ or EQ2, I would do so. I'm not interested at all. EQ has intolerably outdated graphics and EQ2 is too easy and WoW-like.

i know the games have nothing in common per se.but i played vanguard before i played eq2..i love both games,classes,races..and they are similar in that way.i would dearly love for vanguard to get the population it deserves..but i dont think it ever will.not to mention that the sony games come all in one package if you take them..so you maybe right..but for me i,m waiting for eq next.

btw adamantine..did you use that name in game in vanguard?..if so i remember you..we were in the same guild..champions of the gods..thats if you used the same name.

p.s. btw eq2 is nothing like wow..wow is like eq2..if i remember correctly eq2 came out  before wow..although i maybe wrong.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Bobm111

@ Highlighted text

Really? so they finally fixed all the chunk lines?

Did they also make it so you can wear a hat/helmet now too?

To be honest, what V:SoH really deserves, is to be put down humanely.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Originally posted by kevjards

btw adamantine..did you use that name in game in vanguard?..if so i remember you..we were in the same guild..champions of the gods..thats if you used the same name.

p.s. btw eq2 is nothing like wow..wow is like eq2..if i remember correctly eq2 came out  before wow..although i maybe wrong.

I dont use that name in the game.

I dont use that name in any other forum either. You see an Adamantine anywhere else, well, that wont be me.

I dont remember any "Champions of the Gods". Very likely that was an US guild and I'm from europe. I didnt came to the Telon server before lack of population in Halgar forced me to.

Just because a MMO came before another doesnt mean it cant be a clone of it. Todays Lineage 2 is clearly an Aion clone, even if originally it was the other way around.