Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something to think About!

deaddread1deaddread1 Member Posts: 1

I have been involved with online games for many years 20+. I have learned a great many things during those years. I am neither giving my thumbs up or down, but do want to say that any game out there that is worth any type of support from and gamer always comes with a trial, If they do not there is a reason which is never good, either they do not believe that there product will keep you involved or playing the trial alone would bring you to the end of the game thus you would not buy it. In this case it would not be completing it. So for what ever reason it is in the end other players will inform you via this forum, so keep coming back to see.

Lawrence Schultz.

If this is helpful please bump!

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

o_0

Huh?  I don't think this post belongs in the Defiance forum.

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82

Most games don't have trials at launch. Many B2P games never get trials.

It's all kind of moot anyway, since betas are essentially demos these days... and it's infinitely easy to get a beta key.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by potaco

Most games don't have trials at launch. Many B2P games never get trials.

It's all kind of moot anyway, since betas are essentially demos these days... and it's infinitely easy to get a beta key.

^ They gave thousands upon thousands of keys away and let people do the beta. Anyone that pre-ordered had a chance to play and do a refund if they didn't like it. The free trial was there for the taking, if you missed out thats not exactly Trions fault lol. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

GW2 didnt have a trial at launch and its an excelent game.

Skyrim didnt (and still dont) have demo and its an excelent game.

The list can go on but you get the idea. I do agree that every game should offer some sort of demo or trial, specially if its an mmo (specially if theres subscription), but just because it doesnt have one doesnt mean the game will be bad.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by rojo6934

GW2 didnt have a trial at launch and its an excelent game.

Skyrim didnt (and still dont) have demo and its an excelent game.

Only difference between Skyrim and GW2 is that GW2 is online.

You can complete both games and then shelter them.