Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aventuring Bringing Darkfall 1.0 Back!

KnowledgeKnowledge Member UncommonPosts: 140

An email from Aventurine to mmorpg.com stated:

"Due to the enormous player feedback, online petitions, and requests, Aventurine has decided to bring Darkfall 1.0 back.  This may be temporary.  Sign-ups are limited to previous DF 1.0 subscribers and the subscription will be $20 a month.  Players' previous characters will be restored and the skill gain rate from the final phase of 1.0 will be active.

Some spells have been removed from the game (mostly spells that alter physics such as wall of force and begone) and the islands surrounding Agon have been temporarily removed to account for the smaller player base.  Again, this may be a temporary measure.  Based on the number of sign ups, Aventurine will decide to keep Darkfall 1.0 active on a month-to-month basis.  The sign-up process has been emailed to the first wave of previous subscribers.  More emails will be sent with time. "

True Knowledge is Knowing that you Know Knothing!

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Im gonna say April fools, me thinking.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by sanshi44

maybe, although if you think of it, they do have to do something pretty drastic soon, DF;UW has overrun big time, and no good news on the horizon there anytime soon either, and with all that their probably hurting for cash so a $20 sub is probably something they'd like to have, if not need.image

• KnowledgeKnowledge Member UncommonPosts: 140

Greece does not recognize April Fools day.  It is strictly an American holiday.  It is a coincidence though one that will probably cost them some press.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Knowledge

Greece does not recognize April Fools day.  It is strictly an American holiday.  It is a coincidence though one that will probably cost them some press.

April Fool's roots are pre-new world. It is not strictly an American holiday or infact a holiday at all.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189

I stopped reading at "enormous player feedback". Darkfall 1.0 was on it's last legs before it was taken off life support for good. Horrible attempt at an april fools joke.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by DrinkFeck

I stopped reading at "enormous player feedback". Darkfall 1.0 was on it's last legs before it was taken off life support for good. Horrible attempt at an april fools joke.

Agreed. Enormous player feedback could be as many as 1K players for them. 

Originally posted by Praetalus

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/darkfall-10-server/

In comparison to their player-base, this was an 'enormous' response.  And at $20 a month, more than enough to keep the server running.

In comparison to their player-base, this was an 'enormous' response.  And at $20 a month, more than enough to keep the server running.

Give it up it isn't working.

I understand your disbelief.  As I mentioned, bad timing for them.  We are wondering how many received emails and still didn't sign up.  This date could cause Aventurine to lose potential players.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Yeah, I could care less if it's a joke or not.  I'll be playing some Unholy Wars.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

It wouldn't surprise me.  They have no real source of income right now, so anything is better than nothing.  

They must have some really crappy devs though.

You make me like charity

I understand your disbelief.  As I mentioned, bad timing for them.  We are wondering how many received emails and still didn't sign up.  This date could cause Aventurine to lose potential players.

There is absolutely NO mention of it at all over at the official forums, this would be the first port of call. It would also be pretty big news for the community (what's left of it). Again, give it up.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Look at that fake petition for a terrible game.
  • is.lander.12is.lander.12 Member Posts: 40

An email from Aventurine to mmorpg.com stated:

"Due to the enormous player feedback, online petitions, and requests, Aventurine has decided to bring Darkfall 1.0 back.  This may be temporary.  Sign-ups are limited to previous DF 1.0 subscribers and the subscription will be $20 a month.  Players' previous characters will be restored and the skill gain rate from the final phase of 1.0 will be active.

Some spells have been removed from the game (mostly spells that alter physics such as wall of force and begone) and the islands surrounding Agon have been temporarily removed to account for the smaller player base.  Again, this may be a temporary measure.  Based on the number of sign ups, Aventurine will decide to keep Darkfall 1.0 active on a month-to-month basis.  The sign-up process has been emailed to the first wave of previous subscribers.  More emails will be sent with time. "

It's Aventurine ;)

http://www.ratemylife.net/

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

If there is still any doubt: No, this is not true, and neither does it even make any sense.

There is an extremely small vocal minority which is screaming for the original game to return, while most players would rather see Unholy Wars receiving full development attention - Which it is getting.

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by MrBoots
    Look at that fake petition for a terrible game.

Actually that petition was real.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I sure hope they bring back DF 1.0.
  • BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75

WE MISS YOU DF1

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    ...says BLOBtheTROLL

Mmmmm...
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I wish Darkfall 1 cameback but there zero chance for that.

I would even start over i don't care for DFO 1 was best sandbox(first 6 months) released sinds shadowbane.

Pitty the developers(dumb down and splitting up into 2 servers) and player base(cheating) ruined this game.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

yeah you spot on there pal, however they are still looking for fools to part with their money for what I feel is a very poor product indeed. The sad thing is these guys have some real talent but seem to stray off the path somewhere they need to go work with other talent and make something polished and better imo. 

As a famous person one said It's dead jim!!! Darkfall 1.0 should stay dead and 2.0 should follow.

Asbo

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    8th level necromancers?
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    If you want to discuss the contents of an old thread, please create a new one and link to the old one instead of necroing it.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.