Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game Exist or something similar?

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

I would like a game which has the following:

The setting would be a dark feel. Fantasy. I have to say it...something like AOC. I enjoyed that feel.

1, Classes - 1 of 2 things:

1st off you have more than 6. Ideally 7+

2 caster dps classes, 3 melee, 2 healer / hybrid classes.

or alternatively you can make a character and customize how you would like him to fight. i.e select your style of play.

2, High character customisation. I want my guy to have a choice of being tall, fat, thin, short. High customization of hair and body colour etc etc.

3, Main focus being pvp. It would also have a very arena type pvp feel about it. Maybe like a MOBA. I would prefer you gain more XP through pvp than levelling or atleast equally.

4, Factions and meaning. A nice story to get a hold of you. I will say WOW...Horde / alliance. Something similar or whatever.

5, Gear customization in a way where it doesnt increase your stats to have a dramatic feel of greatness over your opponents but maybe something where over time something changes visually on you. I dont know maybe some sort of marking signifying that this fella has got cast iron balls.

6, Crafting will be within the game. Crafting would be a huge deal!

Traditional wepeonsmithing and armour wearer professions which then branch off into more specific tree. It could operate with points where you can distribute X amount over whatever path you choose. You can gain patterns from mobs in world X. You could get quests from your relevant crafting person who could send you to a specific place within the world. It may mean farming.....:O. But you could end up with something very special. This is also where dungeons come in. You can venture into dungeons to farm mobs. The boss could drop something which could be random like instead of an item to wear you get something towards a a piece of kit you can craft. Crafting would probably be the biggest part.

7, Quests. These would be fairly rare but offer something huge and unique to you in terms of a piece of armour or wepeon.

8, Economy would be similar to most other MMOs with a auction type system. Very heavily focused towards materials and things you can craft.

9, So we hit endgame and then what. I think leaderboards should be incorperated into the game for everything. Crafting, dungeons and pvp. A rank system to see where people stand. Maybe if someone achoves a high rank they get a different cloak or badge something to signify that they are mustard.

I type this because this is pretty much what im looking for but also because this is kind of how i find my ideal game to be. I love MMOs but i also struggle with questing being the main focus. I like to mix it up a bit whilst gaining from everything. Craftin, pvp and pve. I know this looks scrappy above so please be fair in response.

Comments

• LeaningKidGokuLeaningKidGoku Member Posts: 41

Ha! My friend I think I might know what you're looking for, it's pretty old and I never went back to it for a while, but Rohan Online sounds like it's close to what you're looking for.  The class system to me is pretty uniqe, theres 7+ races and each race has thier own class, plus you choose out of two choices of  sub-classes to go into what type of power you really want.  Let's say for their race, "Dekan" in the game, it has one main class called, "Dragon Fighter", and to a point in the game you have two different type of skills you use until you get to a certain level, you choose out of their sub-classes which are called, "Dragon Knight ", and "Dragon Sage."

As for PvP, trust me.   They are no joke to begin with. The game gets very serious on PvP matters they turn it into a fun game of cat and mouse.  Lets say if you are killed by some high-leveled character or just simply clicked on the wrong skill and made yourself lose, that player is on your "Hit List", when they are on your hit list you have 2 choices to either, track them down yourself or send a hitman and be rewarded good for either one as well.

(The hitman is either an eqaul level or higher leveled player in the game. It takes a bigger fish to kill a big fish right?)

And they also have arena and tournment stuff like that between guilds, or my favorite, between factions.

Crafting is a must for PvP cause only crafted items actually have the most damage on them.

The stats for normal weapons arn't nothing unless you get a rare drop, and it's an already enhanced weapon. Other than that, you would have to craft your weapon, then mine for gems, and after all that you have to deal with a bullshit as slot bar between, "Success" or "Failure", and most of the time you'll get a success but if your trying to refine (Upgrade) your weapon to +4 your gonna most likely get a failure to +5 which starts you over back to +1. It's a bitch but other than that it's fine.  

The quest has a pretty good story for some races but for others its pretty the same ole'boring, "Keep killing monsters than finally kill the evil monster in the dungeon that we could of sent our level 100 guards thats walking around to raid him."

And last the customization of the game is mostly decent not sure if you could make them fat and all that. But the details to your character are pretty well editted by the game, and by yourself. And other than that, it's the only game I can think of, hope I helped.

Oh, and a link to the official site is, http://rohan.playrohan.com/ .

Well.. you might could find it on here..

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Obnoxiously large signature is large
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Obnoxiously large signature is large

Ha! Thanks for noticing.

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Hi is Rohan busy in terms of community or rather dead?

The in-game population is really matters on which race you choose. Most people choose the, "Dark Elf/Dark Mage" Class so their region is pretty over-populated.   Each race has its on region which is diffcult because if your faction wage war on another faction that controls a region, then unlesss your level 100+ I highly reccommend you don't go their cause not only guards can attack you, be everyone in that region can as well.   But yeah, it is pretty populated, I highly doubt it's close to dead since they just came out with an new update.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    sounds like the OP is talking about Runescape image
    Lmao, it does in a way.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Rohan? you've gotta be kidding me

Even though today is April Fools, I an't joking with ya' lmao.

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Ill have a little look at Rohan.

Ive been playing a fair bit of chivalry medievil warfare and so far had a bit of a laugh in terms of combat etc. Racked up almost 200hours. Of course it doenst have depth and much customisation if it did and had the MMO touch in it i would be all over it.