Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player - server question

PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
So I decided to give this game a try... downloading it now. I read that once you pick a  server, all of your characters will need to be on that server? Is that correct?

I am looking forward to pvp but I remember reading about extremely long queues. I would also like a pretty healthy population while leveling. Can you guys suggest a good server?

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Phoebes
    So I decided to give this game a try... downloading it now. I read that once you pick a  server, all of your characters will need to be on that server? Is that correct?

I am looking forward to pvp but I remember reading about extremely long queues. I would also like a pretty healthy population while leveling. Can you guys suggest a good server?

you pick a server that says full or very full, and play, gg.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Any server from the top 3 wvw tiers will be good for world pop.  Jade Quarry, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall, Kaineng, Tarnished Coast, Dragonbrand, Yak's Bend.

Didnt include Sea of Sorrows as I do not know what thier active pop is like after a lot of WvW guilds left.  I know there are still some really good WvW guilds that stayed however.

All your characters will be on one server, though you can pve on any server by guesting to it.

If by pvp you mean structured, then there can be some decent wait times for tourneys.  WvW will be pretty full on the weekends during server primetimes.  Nothing too bad though.  Except for friday nights....dont try to log onto GW2 around 10 pm (EST) and expect to get into any borderland quickly.  The reason for this is because servers reset on friday nights @ 8 pm (EST).

ohhhh....I am assuming you were asking about NA servers......I know nothing about the euro servers.

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Yes I meant NA servers.

For pvp I mean the non spvp areas ... From what I have read it sounds more like the  pvp areas in WAR?
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Here is a slightly dated, but still effective, WvW tutorial video.  It will get the big questions out of the way.  I suggest you just jump in head first and learn it first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9dLdybZp0

Cant answer about WAR, as I never got to play it really.